Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None, this would be my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Hiking, horses, fishing, reading

What major city do you live in or near? State? No major cities near me, I'm in Colorado

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Keep losing pounds, but keep gaining strength.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Quiet, low maintenance.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. We stacked a bunch of hay yesterday.

What is your favorite TV show? Survivor, food network baking challenges

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? exercise

What always cheers you up? My horse, Holly.

2 fun things about you? I like yardwork. We have highland cows!

Anything else you would like to share? My husband was diagnosed with Leukemia 3 years ago. He's in remission! It was a long road, and now I'm trying to get back to being active and healthy again. You lose yourself when you go through such intense, difficult times, and we're just trying to get back to our new normal.
  • Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Any suggestions on what team I should join for the challenge? This is my first one.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    @Darlene_Oregon Please check your email (From the home page click on the communtiy tab, than onto Invite Friends), it will show at the top of your page any emails you recieve.
  • Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 No, I don't see any emails yet.
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,399 Member
    edited March 11
    Options
    Oops! I thought I was in chat. Sorry about that.
  • garnesl17
    garnesl17 Posts: 81 Member
    edited March 12
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? - One - finishing up the Winter Challenge currently.

What do you like to do for fun? - Hiking, bird watching, going to the gym, yard work with my husband, playing cards, reading and knitting.

What major city do you live in or near? State? - Northern Arizona - in the mountains

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? - I would LOVE to lose 10 pounds - would be THRILLED with 5!

How would your pet or friend describe you? - Funny, supportive, open, helpful.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. - a book - Small Mercies by Dennis Lehane.

What is your favorite TV show? - I love crime/mystery/detective shows - especially ones from the UK.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? - Exercise

What always cheers you up? - Sitting by the window (or outside) at home with my husband and the dog and backyard bird watching. Also hiking with my friends. And planting my flower pots in the spring. It's almost time!

2 fun things about you? Last year I put up 10 - 40 oz hummingbird feeders on our deck and lower patio and they were all crazy busy the whole summer! I love to take hiking vacations and also do drives on rural dirt/rocky roads.

• MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    None. First time!

What do you like to do for fun?
    Hike, walk my dog, go bowling, travel

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    Near Barcelona, Spain

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    Lose weight and regain fitness. Start running.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    Loving but impatient on walks

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.
    Spring cleaning the flat.

What is your favorite TV show?

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house?
    Clean house

What always cheers you up?
    Seeing my dog and baby playing together

2 fun things about you?
    I have an eye for finding fossils and four leaf clovers on hikes.
    I speak to more dogs than people during the day

Anything else you would like to share?
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I did them a few years ago here on MFP and for a few years back on SP.

What do you like to do for fun? Golf, read, make jewelry and paint.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in SC, a recent transplant from NJ.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My biggest goal (aside from the obvious dropping of pounds) is to get a regular exercise routine back into place.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Introverted

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Spring cleaning and organizing my arts/crafts room.

What is your favorite TV show? I don't watch much tv, but sometimes at night before I go to sleep I'll watch some old reruns of Mom or Frasier, or another sit-com.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise!!

What always cheers you up? The Beatles song "Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da"

2 fun things about you? I like to paint (watercolors), but I'm not very good at it. I love to organize things.

Anything else you would like to share? Just a great big thank you to all of you who help to run this challenge!
  • MagicalC13
    MagicalC13 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    This will be my 2nd on MFP. I did 4 or 5 on Sparkpeople.

Spend time with my grandkids, road trips, walking, making crafts, playing with my dog

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

I need to do more exercise. I want to lose 15lbs.

He's my foot warmer.

My 3rd course towards my ECE

Chicago Med, Fire and PD

Wash outside of a car

Talking to my kids or grandkids

2 fun things about you?
    I enjoy joking around and laughing

I cant think of anything at the moment.

Carol
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,523 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? several

What do you like to do for fun? dance

What major city do you live in or near? State? Toronto, Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? to maintain my weight loss

How would your pet or friend describe you? calm, easygoing

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. reading a library book called Pineapple Street.

What is your favorite TV show? Hudson & Rex

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise

What always cheers you up? My fiance and my daughter always cheer me up

2 fun things about you? i like to do artwork, other arts and crafts.

Anything else you would like to share? i enjoy listening to a variety of music.

• lilith40
    lilith40 Posts: 144 Member
    edited March 13
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None this will be my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Hang out with my girlfriends, garden, travel

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in rural town north of Montreal Quebec

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to continue to lose weight while increasing my strength through weight training.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Funny, positive, tenacious, loyal.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A TV series called Mare of Easttown.

What is your favorite TV show? The Office

What always cheers you up? Nature

2 fun things about you? I keep chickens, I teach grade 2 kids.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm excited for a new challenge and looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • CateAussie
    CateAussie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first

What do you like to do for fun? Read or play golf

What major city do you live in or near? State? Launceston, Tasmania, Australia

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 5%

How would your pet or friend describe you? My terrier would say I'm loving & kind

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.Espresso coffee (black)

What is your favorite TV show? RocKwiz

What always cheers you up? My dog

2 fun things about you? I'm fairly cheeky & I love making & giving little pocket hearts

Anything else you would like to share?Not yet.
  • skykol
    skykol Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I don't know anymore - I've been away for a couple of years, and now that we aren't on Sparkpeople anymore, I can't remember when I started! I started as a Teddy Bear, and when we moved here I became a Rain Dancer. I'm looking to re-engage.

I love to read, walk, play video games and yes - do my workouts!
    What major city do you live in or near? I live in the interior of British Columbia, Canada

I'm looking to maintain and maybe lose a couple of pounds, but mostly I want to work on continuing my healthy goals in a longterm way.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Positive!

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise!

What always cheers you up? My family and my cats!

Anything else you would like to share? I am a teacher and I enjoy it as much after 30 years, as I did when I started. It takes a lot of energy though, so sometimes, I don't have any extra to get online... I will do my best though :)
  • Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,711 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have lost count. I started doing the challenges on SP and I was on the SUDS Team. That was in 2010 or 2011. I have done a lot of them. Whatever @Dianedoessmiles1 puts down will be the same for me. She introduced me to the challenges and I have been doing them ever since.

What do you like to do for fun? Play games on my computer, play with my GGKs and going to the movies.

What major city do you live in or near? State? North of Memphis, TN about 40 miles.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Since my body does not want to lose more pounds I will stay on Maintenace and work on losing more inches. Losing weight isn't everything.

How would your pet or friend describe you? As a loyal, funny, caring person who has a crazy sense of humor.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Getting a lot of the rooms in my house decluttered. So many things we don't need or use.

What is your favorite TV show? I love Chicago Med, Fire and PD. That is the best night for local stations.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? All 3. I love to clean things and make them look good and I enjoy cleaning house while listening to music from the 60's.

What always cheers you up? My grandkids and my great grandkids. They can make me smile and wear me out.

2 fun things about you? I love to have fun and laugh and to try new recipes.

Anything else you would like to share I had breast cancer and I have been in remission for almost 9 years. I am determined and I will NEVER GIVE UP!!
  • dunlewy
    dunlewy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, learn Japanese.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Jackson, MS, about an hour east of there.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Eat better, exercise more, lose weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Good listener. As for the dog, she knows I'm good for a dog treat.

What is the last thing you finished? A trip to see my sister.

What is your favorite TV show? Ghost Adventures, or any other ghost hunting show.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Wash a car.

What always cheers you up? Free time to relax.

2 fun things about you? I am learning Japanese, and have been to 40 states.

• theweightlossmom
    theweightlossmom Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 14
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I did one a long time ago on SP.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, Play online games on my phone, watch home remodeling shows and spending time with my new grandbaby.

I live in a small town bordering the North Carolina/South Carolina state line.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My goal is to lose weight and become more active to improve my overall health and mobility.

An introvert

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Finished my water goal intake.

What is your favorite TV show? I love home remodeling and game shows.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Clean the house

What always cheers you up? Family and music

2 fun things about you?
    My first grandson was born five months ago.
    I got to interact with a dolphin in the Bahamas

I am fairly new to this app. So, I am still navigating my way around. My long term weight loss goal is to lose 175 lbs but what matters to me the most is improving my health and mobility.
  • dianetucker1
    dianetucker1 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Lots....but evidently not enough!

What do you like to do for fun? Travel, read, hike, anything with family and friends

What major city do you live in or near? State? St Louis, MO but live in Illinois

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose fat and weight train

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving and loyal

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. 5 mile walk and shower!

What is your favorite TV show? Anything crime, mystery or who done it shows

What always cheers you up? My better hall's smile

2 fun things about you? College basketball fan [it's March madness!) Like to try new things

Anything else you would like to share? Really hope to succeed this Challenge but 4 trips scheduled
    will make it a real challenge!
  • ptitejeanne
    ptitejeanne Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    - - Not sure how to count them.
    - - Started last June & never left.

- - Catching up with friends
    - - Side by Side drive with Hubby
    - - Dancing

What major city do you live in or near?
    - - live in New Brunswick, Canada 🇨🇦

What are your health/fitness goals?
    - - Be healthier.
    - - Feel better in every way.
    - - Exercise almost everyday.
    - - Slowly but surely lose weight.
    - - Start to work on my strength.
    - - Start meal prepping.

- - Nice, sometimes maybe to nice
    - - Great Friend.
    - - Understanding.
    - - Great listener.
    - - Tender heart.

What is the last thing you finished?
    - - Caribbean Cruise
    - - but if we talk about accomplishments, well I’m good at procrastinating.

- - « Ghosts »
    - - « Young Sheldon »
    - - « So help me Todd »
    among many others!!!
    - - Plus many other in French (I’m French).
    - - We watch to much shows in this house!! 🤪

- - None of the above
    - - but if I really have to answer: clean house

- - sleeping in
    - - chitchatting with my friends
    - - dancing
    - - surprises

2 fun things about you?
    - - like to laugh
    - - like to dance

- - Being healthier in every way is REALLY hard for me!!!
    - - so THANK YOU everyone for being the coaches, the cheerleaders, the teachers I need to continue to push myself and not quit this Journey!!! Thank you!! ❤️
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I started the 5% Challenges right before the Spark People website closed their site. I missed a few of the challenges after they started up here on MFP. Lost count of how many. I'll say less than 10 challenges I've done, but more than 5. I quit counting.

I take a line dancing class twice a week. I also like sewing.

I'm in Central FL. Somewhere between Tampa and Orlando.

I'm currently below my weight maintenance range (stress happening) and wanting to gain back a few pounds.

Others describe me as a quiet and friendly person. An introvert.

Not sure how to answer this question. I'm decluttering my house and pack things to move. Have only just started packing boxes. Last night I finished the 2nd box.

Not much of a TV fan, these days. I used to like watching TLC and some of their (silly) reality shows, like "90 Day Fiance". It's starting to get a bit redundant; not as entertaining as it used to be. I don't want to watch anything that stresses me out. LOL. I just want to be able to watch something for entertainment only. Other shows I've liked are ones like "Beachfront Bargain Hunt", or some such ones where they choose a new house to purchase. After awhile, tho, it all gets boring. Too much of the same.

My choice of exercise is to do things like line dancing, or gardening.

Kindness shown.

2 fun things about you?
    I was part of a 5 voice ensemble. We sang songs that we grew up with, like Crossby Stills & Nash, Simon & Garfunkel, the Beatles, and Beach Boys. My shy self even conquered my fear of solos and sang songs like Fleetwood Mac's "Songbird" and Alison Kraus' "Oh Atlanta!" My other 'fun thing' is that we painted our master bathroom pink and turned it into the flamingo room. Funny thing about that is now other ppl help in my collection of flamingos. I'm the "Flamingo Lady" in my community. FL has some wonderful wildlife. I am fascinated by watching the large birds, including the Sandhill Cranes we see each day in our community. I never saw a bald eagle until we moved here to FL. Not to mention the wild turkeys (who look like they belong on a Thanksgiving table.....those big ones we all saw in a coloring book when we were kids.

My current stressful situation involves a divorce and moving back to where we retired from. It is my choice to relocate. Altho that adds lots of other stress, I believe it is the best thing for me in the long run. Doesn't make the whole thing any easier.
  • chansen_2000
    chansen_2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    This will be my 2nd on MFP, but I've done many on Spark
    I love to Sail!! I love to go on cruises with my husband.
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Lose some more weight and to get in better shape.
    Out going.
    Right now taxes, I do taxes for a living.
    Right now Chicago Fire
    Exercise
    Blue skies and sailing.
    2 fun things about you?
    I play bass in a Rock band, and I race sailing.
    We're heading on a 60 day vacation at the end of April. I hope/plan on being able to post on time each day. We're heading to Europe on a cruise. We'll be going to Azores, Spain, Italy, Greek Island, Turkey, then on land through Italy, Switzerland, France and ending up in London. From there we'll cruise back to the US.