MaggieGirl135’s Challenges

Options
12345679»

Replies

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would share… if you recall, I live in the Colorado Rockies. They call this area The Front Range, which is on the east side of the Rockies, ranging ~4 hr drive north of Denver (halfway into Wyoming) to ~2 hr drive south (Pueblo area). We got ~30” of snow in the last 3 days (it has stopped by now). Whereas this amount isn’t unheard of, it is atypical. I have lived here 5 yrs and this amount of snow at one time is the first for us. Snow here typically melts quickly off the streets because the temperatures can get in the 50’s during the winter at times, but especially because of the sunshine. I’m not thinking that this will melt soon, though. When we moved here, we bought a generator because we thought we’d occasionally be snowed in and without power. Haven't used it yet. We did lose power yesterday morning for an hour, but that was it. We also gave a fireplace and fire stove downstairs, so it’s all good. Nothing more than a weather update from here!
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    MorticiaAddamsMSFS Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    The weather is definitely off this year. Our area is experiencing spring over 15 days ahead of time which according to experts is no good and will throw everything off.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    We got a generator for the whole house, and have lost power several times in the meantime--once in the middle of a hot summer, but usually not due to the weather. Strange. When we lose power, our neighborhood is usually fixed last, meaning we're days without power.

Winter will be coming again next week. We did okay last night during a tornado watch, but boy, what a storm!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    We always thought it was odd that in one house in which we lived, in an inner suburb of a medium sized city, we would have more power outages than possibly all our other houses put together, half of which were in rural areas. Those outages were also not usually weather related.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    MorticiaAddamsMSFS Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    The storm here was horrible too. A tree fell on our old satellite dish. We have a whole house generator too but hubby never installed it so it sits in the yard. We used to have really undependable power and then they put in another substation and it helped. The power often goes out for no reason. I assume due to poor maintenance.