Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• shyjoy
    shyjoy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    I think this is my first 5% challenge. I enjoyed a previous winter challenge though.
    What do you like to do for fun?
    We did a lot of travelling but I realized I really like to be home and just go to my water aerobics classes.
    What major city do you live in or near? State?[/b]
    West Valley City, Utah
    What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    I want to lose 5% body weight and get my blood sugar into a normal range.
    How would your pet or friend describe you?
    94ip9vc24udl.jpg
    Boingo, my cat enjoys nothing more than unthreading my sewing machine and surger. If I don't get up by 5am he will scratch my butt with his very sharp nails. Boingo would describe me as angry.
    What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.
    My winter challenge where I lost 10 pounds.
    What is your favorite TV show?
    Rosemary and Thyme
    Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house?
    I love my water aerobics class but I procrastinate exercise and house work.
    What always cheers you up?
    My daughter sends me little videos of my Grand daughters being cute. I watch them over and over.
    2 fun things about you?
    I was a Psychiatric RN and I loved the research on mental health and brain development that we did.
    I think I enjoy sewing but it tends to make me say bad words.
    Anything else you would like to share?
    I just found out I am type2 diabetic and dang that's been a challenge.
  • paceka2
    paceka2 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I don't actually know how many, I started on SparkPeople back in about 2015. It took me awhile to join MFP, I've done about 4 challenges now on MFP.

What do you like to do for fun? I've been told I don't know how to have fun. The last 3-4 years I've been dealing with a lot of pain and several surgeries - so that's probably true. I love watching grandkid's sporting events, taking Daisy for her walks when the weather and my body are cooperative, and Pilates. When I am in a Pilates class I can focus inward and find some peace while I'm getting stronger.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I am in a Northwest Suburb of Minneapolis, MN.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To be active, to eat healthy foods, and to learn more about meditation.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My Daisy thinks I'm the most wonderful person ever! My friends think I'm kind, caring, and willing to listen.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I love to read, especially during stressful times of my life (and now qualifies). I am reading a series of books by Fiona Grace about a woman who transformed an old mansion by the ocean into a beautiful B&B. The last one I finished was #5.

What is your favorite TV show? I like many shows but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Blue Bloods. I just love Tom Selleck. In fact, for my 70th birthday one of the gifts my children gave me was a large poster of Tom Selleck as Magnum PI.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? 100% I'd rather Exercise than almost anything.

What always cheers you up? Daisy

2 fun things about you? I was a professional dance when I was in my late teens to early twenties - which I guess is why I find it fun to exercise. I had three daughters and then was blessed with twin boys. They are all really close with one another which I love!

• Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    This would be my second

Knit, go for walks, garden

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    Detroit, Michigan

Keep going to classes at the gym, continue adding more and more vegetables

Chaos muppet

A sweater

Friends

Exercise

Snuggling with my kids

2 fun things about you?
    I'm double jointed and I cannot follow a recipe to save my life, I always improvise

looking forward to take 2!
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Started challenges on Spark People in 2011

What do you like to do for fun? Have always golf. Canasta and other card games online. Also love to read.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Winston Salem, NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Staying active and keeping the weight down.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I pray the one word would be kind or honorable.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Arranged flowers for Easter .

What is your favorite TV show? The Voice

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? I would rather do the exercise first, clean house second and wash the car last.

What always cheers you up? 2 yr old grandson

2 fun things about you? Love trying new things and meeting new people!

• Pooker89
    Pooker89 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? A few. 😊

What do you like to do for fun? Spend time with my husband and kids.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tacoma, WA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To do better. I have been really trying to make better food choices, though I am not 100%, I am doing better. I also am not skipping breakfast anymore. Now to boost my workouts and stay consistent.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Um, I don't know, so this I asked my friend grouo chat. This is what they said "Loyal supportive funny generous reliable" "loyal, caring, determined, and I handle stress well"

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I will be finishing up my 2nd quarter in my LPN-RN bridge program tomorrow! 🥳

What is your favorite TV show? Um, right now "Delicious in Dungeon" it is about A group of adventures that....are poor, but want to save someone so they opt into eating the monsters in the dungeon instead of having to pay for food. 😅

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Um, my OCD says clean my house.

What always cheers you up? My Husband, kids, and fur babies.

2 fun things about you?I am part of a gaming group on Thursdays we do everything from board games, DnD, and MTG.

Anything else you would like to share? We can do this! That's all I got.
  • LunasPaigeLily
    LunasPaigeLily Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A big goose egg. 0

I write, draw, paint, read, play with my cats, crochet (hook), fill my Amazon cart with all the things I want to buy, and then emptying it all, just to have fun pretending again that I can afford to spend that much. lol

What major city do you live in or near? State? Springfield, MO, USA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To start running, gain strength, and to drop weight (though that might be a bit obvious since I am here. lol)

How would your pet or friend describe you? Funny. Sarcastic. Dark sense of humor. Compassionate. Intelligent. Problem-solving. Spiritual.

A chapter in the book I am writing called Rats of Tomorrow.

MASH

Exercise

Watching my cats chase each other around, or listening to them snore.

2 fun things about you?
    The first award I ever received was in kindergarten for math as I had already figured out how to add and subtract.
    I like zombie stuff. My favorite exercise app is Zombies! Run.

• francescopelandlucas
    francescopelandlucas Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Lots...I would guess maybe 40?

What do you like to do for fun? Time with grandchildren

What major city do you live in or near? State? Alabama

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back to the gym 3 times a week.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Nice

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Sleeping :)

What is your favorite TV show? Frasier

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise

What always cheers you up? Knowing I am a child of God...always gives me joy!

2 fun things about you? Retiring on March 31! YAY and I have 9 grandchildren. They call me Sugar Pie.

Anything else you would like to share? Just happy to be here!
  • sunshineyourway
    sunshineyourway Posts: 998 Member
    edited March 16
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I lost count. I started with Spark People

What do you like to do for fun? Run Half Marathons, Organic Gardening, Reading, Arts & Crafts

What major city do you live in or near? State? Raleigh, NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Maintain Weight of 110.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Snuggles from my pet Cockatoo

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Folding laundry and now working out.

What is your favorite TV show? I love watching TV series streaming. I watch a lot of news too.

What always cheers you up? Being Outdoors.

2 fun things about you?c9t221869g4o.jpg
    nisff1w1j1da.jpg

• Sableness
    Sableness Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Almost all since SP 2011

What do you like to do for fun? Read! I’m a beta reader for a couple of Pride and Prejudice variations authors. I also do reviews for ARCs, Advance Reader Copies.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tampa Bay area, Florida

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Improve exercise habits, do my PT exercises faithfully, shed excess lbs.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving, caring, compassionate

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Breakfast! Hard boiled egg plus fruit and collogen smoothie.

What is your favorite TV show? Don’t watch TV

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Clean house. At least you get immediate visible results.

What always cheers you up? Laughter, music, friends

2 fun things about you? I’ve become my mom in a great way! She was always striking up conversations with strangers and brightening anyone’s day. I don’t watch TV, couldn’t win a Trivia game, don’t know anything about sports teams, actors, or music groups, but I can tell you the name of the eagle on a US silver dollar, regale you with history and theories of Easter Island, and play a harpsichord, kalimba, or recorder.

Anything else you would like to share? I am co-staff to one demanding, spoiled, elderly, polydactyl cat.
  • jal068
    jal068 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

This is my 2nd one. I just finished the winter challenge.

I like to knit, crochet, play Mah Jongg, ride my tricycle in the warm weather, hang out at the beach

I live in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, PA

Continue to work towards my weight loss goals, increase my exercise

A strong, dependable woman

What is the last thing you finished?

the winter 5% challenge

The Good Doctor

Exercise.

My family, a day on the beach, a ride on a boat

2 fun things about you?

I never have enough yarn and I love the beach

Anything else you would like to add?

Best of luck to everyone and looking forward to getting to know more people.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since 2014 all

What do you like to do for fun? Playing games on the computer, making recipes healthy, walking

What major city do you live in or near? State? Sharon Hill, PA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 10lbs/do more strength and stretching exercises

How would your pet or friend describe you? Bella very loveable owner. Friends I would do anything for them as I do

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Nothing

What is your favorite TV show? I watch channel 6 all day and night. In between Hallmark, cooking and games show channels

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Wash a car

What always cheers you up? Talking to certain friends, family and watching a comedy movie

2 fun things about you? I’ve listened to the same radio station since I was 8yrs old I’m 73yrs now. I like the outdoors

Anything else you would like to share? I semi-retired in 2015 to watch my then 4yr old grandson. I work part-time fri & sat 3rd shift and when they need me to fill in during the week. Visit take friends and neighbors to where they need a ride to or pick up things for them
  • Dgrodis
    Dgrodis Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? a lot

What do you like to do for fun? walk,day trips,flea markets,yard sales,read

What major city do you live in or near? State? Jim Thorpe,Pa

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I have to firm up and get muscle.

How would your pet or friend describe you? my friends,loyal my pets, a push over

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Car maintenance & inspection

What is your favorite TV show? I love true crime shows

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? exercise and clean house is #2

What always cheers you up? a no work day

2 fun things about you? I love jokes and laughing

Anything else you would like to share?I love animals and being able to go anywhere
  • darlarob1
    darlarob1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This would be my first

What do you like to do for fun? Dance fitness classes at the gym

What major city do you live in or near? State? Las Vegas, NV

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 20 lbs and add Pilates/yoga and/or strength training

How would your pet or friend describe you? (drawing a blank - does anyone really read these?)

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. breakfast

What is your favorite TV show? Most recently Young Sheldon

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Always rather exercise

What always cheers you up? Comedy shows

2 fun things about you?

• epivan
    epivan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is 14 for me.

What do you like to do for fun? See the world from 2 wheels - either on my bicycle or my motorcycle.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Memphis, TN.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? More consistent nutrition and time on the bicycle.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Cranky.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Spring Break.

What is your favorite TV show? Yellowstone and Ted Lasso.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise.

What always cheers you up? Bike rides and music.

2 fun things about you? Expecting a litter of Aussie pups any day. Starting the 4th annual BMW MOA Grand Coddiwomple in 2 weeks.

Anything else you would like to share? I appreciate all the effort from team leaders to keep this challenge going!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Started last summer, so 3

What do you like to do for fun? I love the outdoors & reading

What major city do you live in or near? State? Central California

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I've been maintaining but wouldn't mind losing 5 more lbs but my main goal is to build up to more exercise since I had to slow down due to some injuries & to keep being mindful of what & how I eat & enjoy food so I can keep maintaining

How would your pet or friend describe you? People say I'm calm & patient mostly

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. a book-called The Horse & His Boy by CS Lewis, I read through the whole series every so many years & read other books in between

What is your favorite TV show? There so many, mostly British & beyond shows, to name a few: All creatures great & small(I read all the books), Call the Midwife, Endeavor & Ver
    Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Toss up

What always cheers you up? My dogs & grown children & volunteering at a no kill shelter or just helping out somewhere

2 fun things about you? I'm not a very outgoing person so I don't know...I like to cook & try new recipes. When our daughters kids were small she rescued a border collie who needed more exercise than she could give so we shared her & we joined a Flyball team. We went to practice twice a week & did some tournaments. She was dog aggressive so team members would be out in the field during recall in case she decided to run towards another dog to attack it instead of running to me but they all loved her & she was very fast

Anything else you would like to share? I really love these challenges & being on a team. I'v loved dogs since kindergarten & we have 5 currently. I take them out every day for walk and/or dog park & have many dog park acquaintances that I've known for years
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,781 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 3

What do you like to do for fun? camp fish and spend time with family

What major city do you live in or near? State? Edmonton Alberta

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? lose weight and feel younger

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Preparing meals for the week

What is your favorite TV show? Street Outlaws

What always cheers you up? being with my wife

2 fun things about you? I love to camp and I have 14 grandkids
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None

What do you like to do for fun? Read, go to theme parks, sing

What major city do you live in or near? State? San Diego, CA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would like to lose a minimum of 15 lbs. Also start consistent exercising.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Very kind and creative

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Just finished an anxiety attack lol

What is your favorite TV show? Currently loving Bridgerton

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? wash a car

What always cheers you up? My children giving me hugs, chocolate lol

2 fun things about you? I run a fashion blog, I just learned how to make bread and am loving it!

I am nervous thus excited. I started earlier this year and have lost 20lbs so far. I need to lose over 100.
  • missa526
    missa526 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Tried to but health issues and my dad's surgery and Covid made it too difficult. But I'm now fully comitted!
    What do you like to do for fun? I like to go to new restaurants and find healthy options ( can't have much fat so it's hard but fun!), hang out with my long tern boyfriend, talk on the 📱 to friends who have moved, making mocktails (can't have alcohol dietary issues)
    What major city do you live in or state?
    Very southwest Michigan about 15 min away from South Bend Indiana, close to Notre Dame Campus. And an hour away from from Western Michigan university (my Alma Mater)
    Starting fitness and health goals all over again. I want to get stronger.
    How would your pet or friend? Impatient but fiercely loyal
    What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Refill my pill case
    What is your favorite TV show? Toss up between Rick and Morty and anything Gordon Ramsey.
    Clean house
    Shawn, my longterm boyfriend
    2 fun things about you
    I will have been with my boyfriend for 28 years on April 13 this year, we've been together since I was 16 yo. Also I did a cadaver lab in 9th grade. More interesting facts than fun.
  • k9kiddie
    k9kiddie Posts: 188 Member
    edited March 19
    Options
    Not sure of the exact number. I've been doing them for a few years.

Lately I have been reading, knitting, and playing video games.

Northeastern Pennsylvania

I would like to get back down to where I was before I started this last challenge.

My cat Lucy would say I am a good cuddler, loyal, and likes her sleep.

I finished a book. Long Road to Mercy

Just finished watching all seasons of Resident Alien.

Wash a car.

My cat Lucy and listening to music.

2 fun things about you?
    I can play the flute and clarinet. I am a homebody, but once in a while I get spontaneous and go for a road trip with my son.

I am waiting not so patiently for spring to arrive.
  • ameyer145
    ameyer145 Posts: 67 Member
    edited March 19
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Four or five

What do you like to do for fun? Read, be outside

What major city do you live in or near? State? Atlanta, GA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? More moving, less junk food. Get my body healthy

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, listener, gets s**** done

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A book - The Chaos Agent by Mark Greaney

What is your favorite TV show? Young Sheldon

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? wash a car

What always cheers you up? My family

2 fun things about you? I can play five musical instruments. I have a terrible sense of direction.

Anything else you would like to share? Although I've done several 5% challenges, the last one was the first time I made significant progress (something finally clicked for me in the weight loss behaviors department). The Thinner Winners were so supportive every time - even when my numbers were pulling us farther from the goal. If you haven't picked a team yet, highly recommend that one!!