Weigh Ins - Week commencing Mon 11th March

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
edited March 18 in Social Groups
Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Feel free to drop into the General Chat thread for chat weight loss and general stuff.

And for newbs you can find the monthly progress reports here showing month to month weight variance and your progress from start weight to goal (where info has been given in your posts).

Replies

• Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well look at that, first one this week after being last the previous week.
    Starting:227.8
    Last Week: 172.2
    This Week: 171.0
    Lost:1.2 lbs
    Total Variance: 56.8
    At some point that number better say 60, then 70 then 80!!! lol
  • bootilicious
    bootilicious Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    LW: 170.4 lbs
    TW: 168.4 lbs
    Difference: ⬇️2 lbs
    Have a nice week everyone 🚶🏽‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️
  • thomasjohnlynch
    thomasjohnlynch Posts: 125 Member
    edited March 12
    Options
    Weigh In Date Monday, March 11, 2024
    GoalWeight: 174 lbs

LastWeek: 199.1 lbs

ThisWeek: 203.3 lbs

Variance: + 4.20 (GAIN)

Hoping a lot of water weight and maybe those oatmeal cookies my daughter made that I simply destroyed!!! I am a food addict for sure!!! Salt, Oil/fat, Sugar. SOS hits my dopamine centers like a crack addict!!!

I am also on a PERT (digestive enzymes for the last week) they are supposed to make me digest fats, proteins, and carbs better - SO maybe they are working??? A little too well.

I am eating earlier now and cutting out the CRAP.

8catii9krknc.png
  • thomasjohnlynch
    thomasjohnlynch Posts: 125 Member
    edited March 12
    Options
    BTW this is the picture I think of when I am working out and eating the right foods....

https://www.l-y-n-c-h.com/Health/content/Rebuild_yourself_the_sculpture_large.html

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Quickly and stealthily stolen and send around to my other friends. HA!
    8catii9krknc.png

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    SW: 183lbs Jan '23
    GW: 140 lbs
    LW: 150 Ibs
    TW: 150.0lbs
    Gain/Loss: 0lbs

Stayed exactly the same. We dined out both Saturday and Sunday, and this coming weekend is a holiday so will be out again as my sister is home for the weekend. I'll put more effort in for all the other days and after that it is knuckle down and no excuses.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    SW: 125kg (275.5lbs)
    Short Term GW: 115kg (253.5lbs)
    Long Term GW: 100kg (220.5lbs)
    Ultimate GW: 90kg (198.5lbs)

Weigh In Info
    LW: 119.5kg (263.5lbs)
    TW: 121.1kg (267lbs)
    Variance to last week: +1.6kg (+3.5lbs)

Minor travel bloat blip, expect it will come back over the weekend.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I had a nice pep talk with a friend. I'm not in AA, but the ideas around addiction with regards to food and eating just resonate. It seems like I'm in addiction when I'm not eating carefully/logging/weighing/measuring etc. and I'm in recovery when I do those and maintain some daily calorie amount...and lose weigh.

I know that is simplistic and perhaps insulting to those who are actually in recovery, but the ideas keep resonating with me. Anyone see anything in this?

GW: 144.7 lbs
    Weigh In Info - Mar 14, 2024
    Last: 245.7 lbs
    TW: 243.6 lbs
    Variance: -2.1 lbs

• shawnstevennelson1988
    shawnstevennelson1988 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    LW 265.1
    TW 262.3
    SW 280
    GW 180

Almost forgot to post this week! Still making progress!
  • shawnstevennelson1988
    shawnstevennelson1988 Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 15
    Options
    @chris_in_cal I am in recovery from alcohol. I totally can see that food can be an addiction for some people. At my club, they actually have a meeting there for overeating. Your comment is not insulting at all, in my opinion. The human brain releases dopamine when one eats, and it releases dopamine when one drinks. It's the dopamine that let's us feel pleasure.
  • Mari33a
    Options
    @chris_in_cal I would feel the same about food and addiction. I look forward to weekends but dread them at same time for exactly this reason.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    SW: 125kg (275.5lbs)
    Short Term GW: 115kg (253.5lbs)
    Long Term GW: 100kg (220.5lbs)
    Ultimate GW: 90kg (198.5lbs)

Weigh In Info
    LW: 119.5kg (263.5lbs)
    TW: 121.1kg (267lbs)
    Variance to last week: +1.6kg (+3.5lbs)

Minor travel bloat blip, expect it will come back over the weekend.

Typically, the day after posting this I am back down to 119.3kg.

@chris_in_cal I feel your thoughts about addiction, and have debated this myself over the years. I don't think it's quite the same as addiction as I think a lot of that lies with the addictive substance, food itself is not an addictive substance but I do believe some of us can be compulsive when it comes to food as a comfort or a punishment, much like someone who has OCD (I have OCD tendencies myself) - the act of repetition or compulsively doing something dulling the mind or feelings some way in control for just a short period of time from whatever the underlying issue is.

In my opinion there are similarities between compulsive eating and addiction, problem is though you can't cut yourself of from food, to recover - everyone needs to eat. It's a different ballgame.

• Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal , @tinkerbellang83 I can see the addiction/compulsion correlation. I was with WW many many years ago and I remember them saying to find your trigger foods, which we all have. Something that once you have a taste you can't stop eating or craving. Now these days we all know that certain foods trigger urges and cravings (sugars are huge for this, as is sodium). It's science. And we also know that the second that you tell yourself NO and restrict, your desire for that item is so strong. That can lead to binge eating. So, we have learned that in order to avoid the urges and the cravings we need to accept things and sometimes give in to the desire. It's so double sided. Don't eat your trigger foods, but don't deny your cravings so that you avoid over indulging. Is it any wonder that it has taken some of us years (hell decades over here) to figure out what works for us and finally have some success.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Sandie2102 wrote: »
    @chris_in_cal , @tinkerbellang83 I can see the addiction/compulsion correlation. I was with WW many many years ago and I remember them saying to find your trigger foods, which we all have. Something that once you have a taste you can't stop eating or craving. Now these days we all know that certain foods trigger urges and cravings (sugars are huge for this, as is sodium). It's science. And we also know that the second that you tell yourself NO and restrict, your desire for that item is so strong. That can lead to binge eating. So, we have learned that in order to avoid the urges and the cravings we need to accept things and sometimes give in to the desire. It's so double sided. Don't eat your trigger foods, but don't deny your cravings so that you avoid over indulging. Is it any wonder that it has taken some of us years (hell decades over here) to figure out what works for us and finally have some success.

I don't really have trigger foods per se, just food in general. I could binge on healthier foods like broccoli or chocolate. It's the act of eating that I have used like a comfort blanket in times of stress as I think about nothing else at the time. For me it's more about finding healthier ways of dealing with stress like meditation, art therapy, journalling, etc. Hoping the medication will help me on this as it's quelled the food 'noise'.
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    LW: 197.6
    TW: 193.4

Getting it back together but it's been a tough week
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sandie2102 wrote: »

WW made me so anal! Had to quit. Was justifying madness
  • chris_in_cal
    edited March 16
    Options
    WW made me so anal! Had to quit. Was justifying madness

Funny,

I never went to WW, but I had friends who had, and some who spoke highly of it. The part that resonated with me was going to their building and jumping up on the scale infront of everyone once a week. That's why I found @tinkerbellang83 and this group all those years ago.

I felt the act of having a supportive place to post, be transparent, could demystify and deshame and de-everything the issue and let me quiet the noise and get at more meaningful issues. It really has for me, even if my scale numbers are what they are, the freedom to discuss it here with ya'll is liberating, and is very helpful for me. I can keep it at front of mind, without tearing myself up or beating myself down, and I remain optimistic. That hasn't always been the case.

I am 1 trillion miles (or kilometers) away from judging any of you for what you are or aren't able to do with your health and well-being and weekly numbers. I'm trying not to judge myself too harshly and keep making small improvements.
  • Mari33a
    Options
    LW: 197.6
    TW: 193.4

Getting it back together but it's been a tough week

Well done!!
This discussion has been closed.