Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - check out HASfit on Youtube
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 Congrats on achieving 2nd place by percentage! And shout out to @laurelfit57 and @vegan4lyfe2012 for getting onto the leaderboard! Way to go!

@Veta2018 I hope the cramps go away soon. I don't get them anymore but when I did, they were awful. Here's the recipe for the shawarma. We didn't end up making it last night but we may make it tonight: https://www.skinnytaste.com/shawarma-spiced-grilled-chicken-with-garlic-yogurt/ BBQ chicken is so yummy on the grill. Yum, salmon is my favorite fish. We went to see a play called "Chicken and Biscuits". We didn't like it though. Thanks.

@TeresaW2024 I hope that the new braces will help. That does sound annoying!

@txcritter69 Oh I need to do that! I'm glad you had time with your friend. Wow, 6 1/2 hours is a long time! Thank you, I'm sure I'll figure out something.

@865jessica I'm glad you are seeing progress. That sounds like a fun birthday party. Yay for going to the zoo!

@19shmoo69 @littlebabekitty Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 Well, they did work for a bit so that's good. Yeah, it is frustrating. I did get my nap! Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the lectures. Lavender will probably smell wonderful! I hope you had fun with your friend.

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday. I got in my nap, talked with my friend, ran errands, and since it was nice weather, we went for a beer. We also read on the porch. I saw a hawk above the canyon and some other birds. It was relaxing.

No Zero Days: Didn't snack.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited March 18
    Options
    Monday Weigh-in
    AustinRuadhain
    SW 223.1
    PW: 211.4
    CW: 209.7

A big hurray to having done damage control this week. We ate out twice, and I was definitely making the best of things, rather than eating optimally.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Today is my Mom's 🥳Birthday🎊! I miss her so much💔

I have been having such a hard time this last week. I tried adding a brunch type meal to my daily routine but I really don't think it is working for me. It just triggered my brain to want to eat more. I have better success when only eating one meal a day (I am not doing any fasting, I drink coffee in the morning 2 cups with one tsp of sugar and 1/4 cup of 2% milk). Once i start eating I trigger my brain to keep eating until I go to bed. Which I have not been going to at 10 pm. So today I am going to start going to bed at 10pm and read until I am ready to fall asleep. I am going to to what @micaroo4 suggests and treat this journey as my job.

Today, I Choose to Be Happy!"
    GO OUT AND BE AMAZING!
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @865jessica, I hope your physical therapy goes well and that your shoulder and neck will feel much better. Healing is slow progress, and I know how frustrating that can be. :/

@Katmary71 Yes, I have diagnosed the main culprit of my thumb/wrist issue as my phone. I’m not on it often during the day, but the moment Joe and I sit down to watch TV at night, I might be on it for three hours playing my game. I bought a lap pillow tablet holder that I used last night and that helped me not sit with my phone in my hand. Also, I have always used a Popsocket, and about three months ago, I bought a Loopy case, which has me holding the phone in a different position. That, too, could be the culprit. I'm glad you had fun at the church lectures. What were the topics?

@trooworld Your relaxing day sounds lovely! :)

@txcritter69 I’m sorry you are missing your mom. I just went through that will my daughter’s birthday and then the anniversary of her death. It never gets easier, does it? <3 I have much the same type of brain in that food triggers me to want to eat more. It is a job to lose weight and keep it off, isn't it? :|

Hi Team! Our lovely spring went back to winter today. Such is life! I went grocery shopping at Walmart and found a really cute top for Easter Sunday. I slept great last night with my new thumb/wrist brace. Being new, it felt weird that that bothered me some, but I didn’t have any pain throughout the night, and that was awesome! I plan to wear it as much as possible. I also found some physical therapy exercises I can do for the tendons to heal and get back to weight lifting hopefully. I so miss it! :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    Weigh in needed now: @AmbersWay @Jactop
    Tomorrow Reminder to: @FushiaKat
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 Just a guess but my digestion is always a mess with antibiotics (I always double the yogurt or drink kombucha to help my gut) which can cause bloating. I think you’ll bounce back too.
    @19shmoo69 I’m confused on what kind of exercises you wanted if it wasn’t floor? I like HASfit too.

@trooworld Your day yesterday sounds like the perfect day I’m glad you were able to relax and be outside.

@AustinRuadhain Wow you did awesome for eating out a couple times!

@txcritter69 Hugs to you, Happy Birthday to your Mom in Heaven. It IS great advice to see it as a job!

@TeresaW2024 Oh good those holders look pretty cool my Mom just got one for her Kindle. The church speakers were Barbera O’Neill who is an alternative medicine (kind of folk remedy stuff) who is from Australia but is banned from speaking there because of her views (such as pharmaceuticals being evil). She spoke of meeting the basic needs and rewiring the brain and how we can rewire the brain until the day we die. She’s a HUGE fan of castor oil, The second speaker talked of how humans were born free but are imprisoning themselves through choices and how we’ve strayed from God’s path. He was a good speaker, I went for the former and took a ton of notes which basically sound like home remedies. There were about 500 people there. That’s great on no pain through the night! I hope those PT exercises help.

@vegan4lyfe2012 That’s great the course is helping you with food too. You’ve been doing awesome! LOL holding the babies are the best way to forget about food! Happy birthday to Sydney!

Hi friends! I had PT and got the good therapist who challenges me so it was fun. I had the pain clinic after and the doctor wants me to see a podiatrist about my feet and is thinking I’ve benefit from PT for the feet. I just came in from the yard and am heading back out to start some seeds, the weather is so pretty I got a bunch of weeding done. The party last night was fun I’ve never had Irish soda bread before and that’s SO good! I almost hit stores trying to find some today but with my weight back up I resisted. I probably had a maintenance day just in alcohol and food last night. There was about 8 of us, I feel very blessed to have friends to spend holidays with now. Have a great Tuesday!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited March 19
    Options
    Daily Post ~ Monday

Track ~ Yes
    Calories ~ just over. I don’t calculate my exercise into the calories.
    Exercise ~ Aqua class 60 minutes
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    WI Monday
    PW 209
    CW 209

No budging. Up and down all week but here I am today.
  • trooworld
    edited March 19
    Options
    6syktdvv7gmc.png
    DISCUSSION QUESTION: When am I the happiest version of me?
  • trooworld
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Way to go! Congrats on the loss and doing damage control!

@txcritter69 Big hugs about your Mom. <3

@TeresaW2024 It was! :D I'm glad the brace is helping. Good idea to do physical therapy exercises.

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's great that you were able to cut out restaurants. Congrats on losing this week! Have fun with Oliver, that sounds like your idea of heaven!

@Katmary71 It was wonderful, thanks. That sounds like good advice to see the podiatrist and PT. I'm glad you have good weather. That's great you had a good time at the party.

DISCUSSION QUESTION: When am I the happiest version of me? For me, it's when I am doing something involving art: either creating it, viewing it, or talking about it. Art fills holes in my heart and makes me feel alive. It makes me not think about food. I don't have imposter syndrome with art (and I do at my job).

Hi all. I am still tired from staying up Saturday night, I just can't stay up late and not pay for it like I used to be able to do. Was it you, @Katmary71 who told me about Skinnytaste's chicken shawarma recipe? We made it in the air fryer last night and it was really good. On another note, I am going to a fundraising dinner dance/ball on Saturday night. I tried on my outfit last night and I'm glad I did. I looked horrible in it and need to change part of it. I ordered some tops from Macy's to try with the pants (I have sequin bell-bottom pants for the event) that will hopefully help me feel less self-conscious.

No Zero Days: Pretracked my food, drank more water than the day before.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    6syktdvv7gmc.png

The happiest version of me is a beautiful sunny summer day, with no wind, by myself, out riding my bike on the back roads near home, with no cars (or very few and far between). That's when I feel carefree, fit, and on top of the world.
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have been kind of messageboard silent with the weekend full of things to do with my family. I quite a bit of corned beef on Sunday, but only one drink, and I was definitely feeling the effects of the salt with a bit of bloating the next day. Went to the gym yesterday, even though I was extremely lackluster where motivation came into play, it's a good thing I had a trainer making me do the things.
    I had my blood drawn yesterday morning to check my thyroid levels, and they appear to be in good shape so hopefully when I see the endocrinologist today they don't try to change the level of my medication. I'm still tired and out of it, but that could be just because I'm a mom who does a lot of things in a day.
    My goal is to try and check in here at least once a day to remind myself of my personal goals.
    Have a great week everyone!
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

@Katmary71 I would have loved to be there to hear those speakers. I’m not surprised by Australia. One doctor I follow in the Keto world, Dr. Gary Fettke, had to go on trial for daring to say that he had proof that a low-carb diet is the only non-drug-mediated way that people with diabetes can truly control insulin and stabilize their blood sugar levels. You can bet big pharma wasn’t down with that, and they tried to destroy the man. I’m glad you had a great time with your friends. I’ve had Irish soda bread and it is tasty! :)

@trooworld I’m the same about paying the price if I stay up too late. Add any drinking to the mix, and I’m fairly useless the next day. It’s not like our younger days when we could party all night and get up and go to work the next morning, right? :D You will look wonderful when you find the right top for those sequin bell bottoms. We will need a picture! :)

Good morning! I decided to get on early so I wouldn’t forget later. I can’t believe Joe’s family will be here at the end of the month. I haven’t deep-cleaned anything, and I probably won’t. They aren’t going to notice that my baseboards are a little dirty as long as my floors are clean. I started this tough 3000-piece puzzle that isn’t even close to being done, and I want it off my table before they get here, so I plan to spend extra time working on it. On top of doing all the work, I still need to do the following: Today, I’m going to attempt to cut Joe’s hair, but I don’t know if my wrist will be able to do it. I might have to take him someplace if I just can’t do it. I also need to go into the office, but I might have to push that off until Thursday. Time sure flies these days!
    2024 Word: Strive

I’m the happiest version of me when I’m not acting like a stressed-out lunatic. When I relax and turn it all over to God and breathe. :)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Super quick check in this morning. My brother arrived Sunday night, with my 10 year old nephew and a 5 month old puppy, they will be staying until Thursday. I had my extended family over for supper last night. Can I just say it was a very chaotic day yesterday. There was no tracking done, I should have grabbed something to eat before I went out to get groceries, I ended up getting drive thru. I will attempt to track today and stay on track
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    🌞🌻Happy first day of Spring!🌷☀️

@txcritter69 - Beautiful story. I'm glad you and Sansa found each other. Next time you have the impulse to keep eating try drinking water. Sometimes were just dehydrated. Or you could try going for a low calorie food like carrots. Mmmm....carrots are good.
    @865jessica - I'm glad your son enjoyed his birthday. They sure grow up fast.
    @Katmary71 - I plant lavender in my garden. I love the smell and it also helps repel mosquitos.
    @littlebabekitty - Continuing to lose...that's great!
    @gemwolf110 - You're doing wonderful on your check-ins. I don't eat back the calories I burned either so I was a few calories over today too.
    @trooworld - Thank you. I looked up the recipe after seeing your post but now I saved it with my other recipes....hehehe.
    @AustinRuadhain - Yeah! Great loss!
    @TeresaW2024 - I know...This weather is so unpredictable. It's cold again here too.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - You're doing great!

Yesterday, My husband and I sat down to eat and he said his jaw hurt. Then, all of a sudden, the side of his face, in front of his ear, swelled up. I took him to urgent care and they said it is a salivary gland infection. So, he's on antibiotics and every time he eats it swells up a little.

I am the happiest version of me when I have my family and loved was around me. They make my life feel complete. We spend hours talking and catching up on whats going on in their lives.
    This is a picture of me with my two boys.
    3zzxfm4auz57.jpg

💪 Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    DISCUSSION QUESTION: When am I the happiest version of me? When I am outdoors, I love being in nature. Getting out on a wooded hiking trail listening to the birds and breathing the fresh clean air is so refreshing to the mind and soul.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    It is when I am in a position where I am not thinking. The first time I went to Panama City Beach and heard the waves it literally blocked all the fuss in my brain. I sat there as long as possible each day.
This discussion has been closed.