Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,227 Member
    Options
    The March Week 3 Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Mar 17th. I hope you'll join me for the Top O' The Mornin' Challenge! Wear green and join me in the chat thread! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10911683/march-week-3-group-challenge-top-o-the-mornin-challenge#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    @Ambersway I used to live in a house with a huge backyard that was absolutely fantastic! I now live in a condo so walking is my only option. I sure don't miss the yardwork though lol
    I am so glad that your pups are helping to keep your spirits up, sounds like you are feeling really tough!

@trooworld is it plantar fasciitis that you have? I had that years ago, that is no joke! I hope you find something to give you some relief, I felt like mine went on forever.
    I hope those heel inserts help you! You have the best social life🥰

@ninyagwa this headache just seemed to be part of that stomach bug. I am feeling much better now :-).

Any recent pictures of Gus? I haven't seen one for a while. Puppies get into everything, I hope Gus' tummy has settled down. Sounds like you are having fun with your strength training with your husband, that's excellent!

@katmary71 I cannot imagine trying to keep up with a white Pomeranian yikes! Sounds like you have had some really amazing relationships with cats, I really do feel like we get the right pet at the right time for us♥️. Glad you had a good workout yesterday!

@TeresaW2024 please let me know how you are doing with that wall Pilates, I have seen it coming up different places and it has definitely intrigued me!

@txcritter69 I think you said that Diesel was a Covid pup? I got Vannie just 5 months before Covid, so she ended up being a Covid pup. They definitely have their own challenges. Because I live by myself, Vannie was very seldom ever exposed to men. After Covid, she would bark insanely at any man. I ended up asking lots of random men to please give my dog treats, so she could get over her fear of men🤣🤣🤣

@Veta2018 I love Benny's story!

@micaroo4 I am so sorry to hear about your friend.

It has been a very busy few days, with the beautiful weather we are getting lots of dog walking in. Trying to do puppy training with Ty, she has so much energy and focus is all over the place, she has the attention span of a nat. 🤣. We are learning to sit at corners before crossing the street and today tried really really hard not to socialize with everybody on the sidewalk, instead sit quietly as they go by. That is a tough one!
    So funny, I couldn't figure out what was going on with my steps with my Fitbit. It seems like since I got the puppy I have fewer and fewer steps, it's because I'm holding the leash in my left hand so it is not swinging naturally by my side. I put my Fitbit on my ankle the last couple of days and it is definitely more in line with what I was thinking. I have stayed on track the last few days and been able to track all my food! Night before last I slept almost 7 hours, I don't remember doing that in my adult life! Last night I slept just over six hours, life is good 🎉
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 189.2
    CW 189.3

Wow. With all the Burger King and pizza and apple pie I’m really surprised! The next week will still be hard as Joe was a very prominent man in Canada and the family have asked for my help in his funeral activities but with this weigh in I believe I can stay the coarse. And with all of you. For anyone who lives in Canada you may actually have heard of him or at least the company he created. Burnbrae Farms. He created and owned and successful made burnbrae Farm the biggest egg producer in Canada. His name was Joe Hudson. To have worked with him these past 7 years have been both an honor as well as humbling. You would never know by being with his family that they owned and run a multimillion dollar business and have won more awards in the agriculture world than you can imagine. Very down home people.

Sorry for your loss
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thank you! They helped for about 1 1/2 hours and then I had to leave the zoo. :( I hope you have fun in Sac Town.

@vrafter @865jessica Congrats on the losses!

@Cornanda I swear like a sailor lol. But I try to keep it at a minimum around people that I don't know lol. Thank you! Gus is so darned cute. He looks tired out but happy.

@19shmoo69 I'm sorry you had a rough night on Friday. Are you asking for free help for a floor routine? Or was that a typo and you meant a free workout routine? If you are working for a general workout routine, I used to use an app called "JEFIT" that I loved. You can create your own routine or pick one from theirs. You can checkout their website: https://www.jefit.com/routines/ P.S. I didn't notice a font change.

@laurelfit57 Yes that's what I have. It DOES feel like it lasts forever. I've had it for like 5 months now and I know some people have it up to a year or so. :( Aww, thanks! Time, you are doing great! That's interesting about your steps. I'm glad you are sleeping better, fingers crossed that it keeps up like that.

Hi all. I lasted 2 hours at the zoo before I couldn't walk anymore. My foot hurt the rest of the day, even after a Naproxen. The play was so-so. It was supposed to be a comedy but we didn't find it funny in the least and some of the characters were really annoying. Meh. Today, I am video chatting with a friend from out of state, I have a Spanish lesson, have to run to Sam's Club and then I am relaxing. I'll probably take a nap at some point as I only slept for 4 hours last night. Have a good day!

No Zero Days: Walked at the zoo.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Username: Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    SW (Starting weight): 180 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 137 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 138 lbs.

I'm feeling so bloated and have bad cramps today. Sitting here with a heating pad for now.

My heart goes out to all of you that are mourning losses this week.
    @micaroo4 - That sounds like a rough day. <Hugs> Sorry to hear about your friend. She's really going to need you to help her stay strong.
    @trooworld - Mmm...Chicken shawarma that sounds good. I'll have to try it. Last week, I grilled barbecue chicken. Thursday, I grilled salmon for myself and a steak for my husband. That is great that the inserts might be helping. What's the play you're going to see? I hope you enjoy your night out.
    @Katmary71 - I hope you enjoy your time with your family. I treasure every opportunity I get.
    @19shmoo69 - I'm sorry you had such a rough week. I hope you can clear your mind and relax. I do Planks, Leg Raises, Glute Bridges, Crunches, and Superman, all are floor exercises and I watch random workout videos on YouTube.
    @laurelfit57- Great walks, great tracking, and great sleep. You're doing Great!
    @Cornanda - Gus is adorable! I hate to admit it, but I have a potty mouth, when I get excited or angry.

💪 Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I am so very sorry that your daughter-in-law lost the baby and what terrible timing. I will be praying for your family! <3

@tammymccrady6278 I’m so sorry for your loss. Be gentle with yourself and when you feel emotionally stronger, you can get back to your plan. <3

@micaroo4 Girl, you are going through it! ((hugs)) I am so sorry for your friend's diagnosis. Hopefully, her doctor will be able to provide a treatment that will take care of the lymphoma. 80% cure rate should give you both a lot of hope. Ugh, to car and plumbing costs. That all sucks! :'(

Good morning! I just saw the time and have to cut this short so I can get to church on time. :D Not much going on other than Dr. Google has now diagnosed my wrist tendonitis as DeQuervain’s Synovitis Tenosynovitis. It means that my thumb is much more the problem than my wrist. I ordered a couple of new braces that will hopefully help give me some relief. My wrist pain is through the night. So annoying! :s
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    PW: 147.2
    CW: 146.4

• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:222.2
    CW: 222.8

It seems I need to get back to being serious. Fallen off track again ☹️🤦🏻‍♀️
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It has been raining here since yesterday. I started spring cleaning my kitchen. It is probably the biggest cleaning job in the house so I'm going to get it out of the way first. As I am cleaning i have been fine tuning my decluttering getting rid of the stuff I had marked as maybe I will use it (and I have not used it) since the last declutter of the kitchen. I did manage to finish sanding my breakfast table and now just waiting on better weather so I can start staining it.
    My journey took a detour this week. I hope I am able to focus and get back on track. For some reason I have been so hungry this past week. We stated adding a small brunch to our days and I am not sure if that is the cause or if it is something else.
    Had lunch yesterday at McAlister's with my childhood friends which went way longer than expected. I brought home dinner from there. It was nice catching up with them. We get together every so often to chit chat. This one lasted 6 1/2 hrs. Maybe we need to meet up more often.😂

This has been a rough week for many here in the group. I have had each and everyone of y'all in my thoughts and prayers.

@Katmary71 Friday afternoon I drove down and watered my plants and it started raining yesterday morning and has not stopped yet. Yeah the basket will not be straight for now, It will get the best of me at some point. I hope you had a great time in Sacramento.

@Veta2018 I love your story about Benny. When we got Sansa, I was looking for a dog to fill my empty space after losing my other 2 dogs Chevy and Harley. I went about a yr with no dog. I went to the animal shelter and found a little white dog at I thought would be a good fit for me but it turn out the dog would not walk on a leash it would lay down and rollover on it back and I would have to pick it up and carry it. She end up going to the nice little lady that had lost her dog and this worked well for her. Then I decided that maybe small dogs are not for me and found someone getting rid of a Doberman(Gunner) just over a yr old. So I took him and when I picked him up the lady gave me a training collar and said they had him wear it when his was around their baby. I did not think much of it. John and I both worked the same shift and most of the time he got home before me and he let Gunner out. This day I got home first and I put Gunner on a leash and took him out and he saw a squirrel and took off after it and drug me a crossed the ground while I was hang on for dear life. I don't know way I did not let go. But after that it just got worse with him. After about 3 weeks of crazy I thought about the collar and put it on him and he was totally a different dog. but by this time I had already decided he was not for me. We took him to a second chance shelter to see if they could help us with finding him a home when a lady there was coming out from the office after an interview for a job heard our story and ended up taking him (she had 3 other Dobermans at home). One of the other ladies working there asked me what kind of dog was I looking to get and I told her I really needed a walking partner. She told me she had a Boxer/Pit at her house that looked to be a mill dog. Sansa had wandered up to her property. Sha had had Sansa and 3 months. We went out to her house and it was an instant bond with her. She was my sidekick all the way to the end. It is true that dogs pick their owners.

@Cornanda Yes, I too can pinch someone with my toes.🤣 Gus is so stinking cute, In want to pet him.

@19shmoo69 I pray that all your tests come back with good reports. It is scary time when you are just having to wait for results. Stay positive and strong. Youtube has a lot of floor routine workouts.

@trooworld I'm sorry the inserts did not work for you. I hope that you will figure out some way to get relief.

I need to get to doing something around the house.

Today, I Choose To BE HAPPY!"
    GO OUT AND BE AMAZING!

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday: March 17
    SW 175
    PW 171.2
    CW 171.6
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Started back at physical therapy on my left shoulder and neck. Working on building strength around my shoulder joint and dealing with nerve pain. It's going slow but I can see some progress being made.

Friday we had a birthday party for my son who is turning 13. We invited lots of his friends and his cousins to bowl and have pizza and cake. The kids had a great time and my son was super happy.

Yesterday I took all three of my boys to the Zoo by myself. Not an easy feat since my youngest is a runner. But even though it was tiring we all had fun.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,329 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    rvkogy4llcox.png
    3ki29mhehaes.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    dfmqe5570qcw.png

By Pounds
    ubbe10e2m0yr.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    aek9js0facbi.png

By Pounds
    gs4ih7fql1uo.png
    90t7du6b17vc.png

Team Winners
    vefpfzheirqr.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    dbzwjvycfv73.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    A quick drop in. This is the down side of not being able to type. I didn't mean floor. At the moment I cannot remember what it should have said. SMH
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 272
    C. W. 268
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,736 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN INFO
    STILL NEEDED FOR TODAY
    : @megnolia82 @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012
    TOMORROW REMINDER: @AustinRuadhain @Jactop

@AustinRuadhain How nice enjoy the time with your son and his girlfriend.

@19shmoo69 Thank you for the decaf recommendation! Hugs Darren, glad today (or yesterday) was better. It’s scary waiting to get results on health.

@laurelfit57 I agree about having the right pet in our lives at the right time. LOL on holding the leash making your steps go down! Smart thinking I ended up putting my old one on my ankle too. That’s some great sleep!

@Cornanda Thanks! I swear Gus just gets cuter and cuter! I really miss having dogs around, I’ll get to be around a little one tonight who just lost her brother.

@trooworld Shoot I’m sorry, I’m glad you got to be at the zoo for awhile but it’s super frustrating to have to cut things short because of health issues. Busy day hope you get the nap and relaxing in at the end. Have fun with the friend!

@Veta2018 Hope you’re feeling better when you read this.

@TeresaW2024 Very interesting on it being your thumb, are you on your phone a lot? When I used to spend more time online the way I was holding my phone was causing issues in my hand, wrist, and forearm. Hope you had a good time at church!

@txcritter69 Your time with your friends sounds wonderful those long friendships are priceless. Thanks I had fun in Sacramento. Sansa sounds perfect for you I loved reading about how she came into your life.

@865jessica Aw I’m glad your son had a great birthday! Glad to hear you’re seeing progress already with PT. When I used to not work out at all PT was HORRIBLE for 2 weeks. I bet the zoo was fun, I’m glad you went.

@Veta2018 @laurelfit57 @vegan4lyfe2012 Great job being our team winners this week! Wow and we’re doing good with staying in the green too!

Hi team! I had fun yesterday at the church lectures, I actually got to meet the Australian guest speaker which was basically me being super nervous and rambling, I got a pic with her too and it’s one of those times you think you looked nice and you look huge. She’s probably 5 feet and 90lbs so yeah. The speaker after her was interesting as well. I just got back from the garden center and brought home some lavender varieties for the front yard. I’m going to dig the holes and hopefully get them in before I go to my friend’s house for corned beef and cabbage. Have a great night and Monday!
  • Oldmfp
    Oldmfp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    littlebabekitty
    PW: 192.6
    CW: 191.8

Small lost but happy to not have gained. Will do better this week. 💪
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Going to try to get back into the groove of posting daily.

Daily Post ~ Sunday

Track ~ Yes
    Calories ~ MFP Yes
    Exercise ~ Zumba

Goals/Day/Comments:

Tracked ✅ Exercise ✅ goals track everyday and to post daily.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Megnolia82. Sunday weigh in March 17th

Happy St Patrick’s day!

PW: 211
    CW: 214.6

I don’t really know what happened except I’ve been on antibiotics for a couple days. My eating and activity has been reasonable this week so I’m sure I’ll bounce back down once this infection is cleared up.
This discussion has been closed.