Weigh Ins - Week commencing Mon 25th March

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
edited April 1 in Social Groups
Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Feel free to drop into the General Chat thread for chat weight loss and general stuff.

And for newbs you can find the monthly progress reports here showing month to month weight variance and your progress from start weight to goal (where info has been given in your posts).

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I'll go first again. Two weeks in a row, this time it isn't a heavy lift. I logged a lot this last week so I was able to have some scale success.

GW: 144.7 lbs
    Weigh In Info - Mar 14, 2024
    Last: 244.5 lbs
    TW: 240.4 lbs
    Variance: - 4.1 lbs

As I wrote elsewhere I was prescribed an older obesity drug Qysemia (phentermine/topiramate) not the good one that seems to be working well for many people.

This Qsymia is a stimulant with these listed side effects:
    • Numbness or tingling in the hands, arms, feet, or face (paraesthesia)
    • dizziness
    • changes in the way foods taste or loss of taste (dysgeusia)
    • trouble sleeping (insomnia)
    • constipation
    • dry mouth.

Fortunately I haven't had dizziness, but I have all of the other side effect. None of them debilitating, so I am soldiering on. One effect I have not noticed is any effect on my weight or appetite. I am getting the "cons" without the "pros"

I have my second meeting with this doctor in May and if I'm taking this medication and daily logging my food and slowly losing weight, I'm sure she'll be pleased. (as will I) but I am just not really wanting to credit the medication just yet for any of the lose. It seems crystal clear, cause and effect, it is me being careful in logging what I eat. Who knows.
  • Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Starting WT: 227.8
    Last WK: 172.2
    This WK: 171.2
    Total Variance: 56.6
    Difference this week: Down 1lb

If it takes a week at a time to lose it and keep it gone, then bring it on (or off).
  • Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'll go first again. Two weeks in a row, this time it isn't a heavy lift. I logged a lot this last week so I was able to have some scale success.

GW: 144.7 lbs
    Weigh In Info - Mar 14, 2024
    Last: 244.5 lbs
    TW: 240.4 lbs
    Variance: - 4.1 lbs

As I wrote elsewhere I was prescribed an older obesity drug Qysemia (phentermine/topiramate) not the good one that seems to be working well for many people.

This Qsymia is a stimulant with these listed side effects:
    • Numbness or tingling in the hands, arms, feet, or face (paraesthesia)
    • dizziness
    • changes in the way foods taste or loss of taste (dysgeusia)
    • trouble sleeping (insomnia)
    • constipation
    • dry mouth.

Fortunately I haven't had dizziness, but I have all of the other side effect. None of them debilitating, so I am soldiering on. One effect I have not noticed is any effect on my weight or appetite. I am getting the "cons" without the "pros"

I have my second meeting with this doctor in May and if I'm taking this medication and daily logging my food and slowly losing weight, I'm sure she'll be pleased. (as will I) but I am just not really wanting to credit the medication just yet for any of the lose. It seems crystal clear, cause and effect, it is me being careful in logging what I eat. Who knows.

I'm with you about not really willing to give the meds full credit. I look back on how I used to eat as compared to currently, and it is miles apart. Now, I really think long and hard about eating what I consider less than great choices (like A&W yesterday). The meds help, but almost 60 lbs in 15mths is NOT a miracle drug doing that...that pace is slow and steady making wiser food choices and changing a full lifestyle!
  • bootilicious
    bootilicious Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    LW: 165.8 lbs
    TW: 167.4 lbs
    Difference: ⬆️1.6 lbs
    First increase in months. Burning more calories training for a marathon and just hungrier, so eating more calories.
  • bootilicious
    bootilicious Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal you seem to lose weight when you track your foods. Tracking may seem annoying but it gets easier and is associated with good results. Keep tracking 👍nice loss.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    SW: 183lbs Jan '23
    GW: 140 lbs
    LW: 152.9 Ibs
    TW: 150.7lbs
    Gain/Loss: -2.4lbs

I'm down 2.4lbs which is a relief but really I have just been treading water for the past 2 months up 2 down 2.... My calorie intake was much better last week so I'll try and keep that up or improve. Looking back on last year I'm still eating 100 - 150 more calories per day. Last week I averaged 2016cals per day before exercise and 1714cals per day after exercise. I need to get this back to 1900 and 1600 per day. Its difficult to balance the hunger if you exercise a lot.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Sandie2102 wrote: »
    making wiser food choices
    Sandie, that applies to all of us. No matter how much I argue with the smarmy "Calories In Calories Out" people, because I know each and every one of us are going through our own stuff. We do get a chance every morning, and every time we lift a fork or tear open a wrapper to make a wiser choice.

For me adding in forgiveness and acceptance (gratitude) for all that got me here, and also waking up and being aware and mindful about the forkful and wrapper in front of me.

I'm slow. But I knew that this weekly check in, with @tinkerbellang83 and other good folks would eventually help snap me out of my lethargy and get into the wiser food choices game.
  • thomasjohnlynch
    thomasjohnlynch Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Date Monday, March 25, 2024

GoalWeight: 174 lbs

LastWeek: 200.6 lbs

ThisWeek: 198.9 lbs

Variance: - 1.7 lb ( LOSS!! :smiley: )

Changing up a few things. Trying to get OUT of the house and home office and AWAY from the fridge in the afternoon. Swimming, biking, walking, weights, maybe just watching YouTube shorts in the jacuzzi out back?????
  • shawnstevennelson1988
    shawnstevennelson1988 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LW 256.4
    TW 256.3
    SW 280
    GW 180

My weight hasn't changed but my waist is getting smaller. Had to buy a new belt. Was happy to do so. Hopefully I have the problem of having to buy new pants soon. Started a new job this week. It has alot of physical activity so I changed my goals from lightly active to active so it added roughly 300 more calories to my daily calorie goal. I've actually been struggling to eat enough each day during the transition to my new job. I will focus this weekend on meeting calorie goals.
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    LW 194
    TW 190.4
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    LW 194
    TW 190.4
    Very solid week. You back on track?

This discussion has been closed.