Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Oh no the speeches sound awful! You looked absolutely stunning I love all of it you look beautiful and stylish! Hm I got some pretty columbine flowers, those are probably my favorite from the swap. I bet getting back home after that drive and laying on the couch felt amazing! I’m glad you got some good dancing in too.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I’m glad your throat is feeling a little better, hope the rest of you follows suit soon. Happy 93 days of no soda, wtg! You definitely have to hit 100 in a week so don’t stop now! A bowl of oatmeal sounds amazing yum.

@micaroo4 Love that I just get loud blue jays, enjoy the cardinal message.

@TeresaW2024 Funny my neighbor asked why I hadn’t said anything to the woman who took all the plants. She’s very outspoken and of course when I think of things later I wish I’d said something. Oh no thank goodness Joe wasn’t hurt! I’m so glad today is going better for him, that must’ve scared the heck out of you. I’m curious to check out the rebounder video will you please post it?

@ninyagwa Hugs to you, I wish you’d charted too. I think your being aware of weird feelings says a lot and as long as you know the difference between being at a point where there’s caution vs needing help is important. If you can deal with it through journaling or talking about it with others or possibly with a counselor it can help you grow and get stronger. Losing slower is helping you adjust to the changes if I’m reading correctly, right?

@19shmoo69 I think this is a good point about support and you’ve always been great about posting your weigh ins. That’s one area all of us can understand in this group so we aren’t alone. Teresa was so nice to me one time when I’d gained and felt like I’d let everyone down if she hadn’t been so awesome I would’ve quit the group that night.
    @AustinRuadhain LOL it’s like Darren posted support for you to come with your gain right?! This group is one of the many ways I realized I wasn’t alone with a lot of what I go through. Trail riding sounds awesome, I’m glad you were able to go how fun! Great planning for today, I’m starting to plan like that for each day too.

Hi team! I got a bunch done earlier and just finished homework, hoping for some garden time right after dinner then I need to do some planning for the charity event I’m leader for tonight as it’s coming up fast. Are any of you thinking on Spring goals? Maybe we need a spring challenge soon? Have an awesome night and great Tuesday.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I can't get my file to attach, boy that part of using the groups here is a pain!

GROUP QUESTION

WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU LOVE NOW THAT YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE IMAGINED YOU'D LIKE IN THE FUTURE?

My Answer
    Anything routine, I used to be very spontaneous and hated structure and doing the same thing every day. With being injured I have to plan how to use my energy each day and how to spend the couple hours I'm able to do things so for that and to get things accomplished it's a necessity. Plus planning if I need mobility equipment etc. It's comforting now and keeps me on track.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU LOVE NOW THAT YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE IMAGINED YOU'D LIKE IN THE FUTURE?

Certain types of exercise, i.e. running and some strength training.

But also some foods like collard greens, kale and some other bitter greens. Also there are meats that when I was younger I would gag on a thought of having to eat them. But now I'll try just about anything. I once found a package of "miscellaneous meat". It was tasty and would've never gave it a second chance back in the day.
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- You look Great! I love your sequence pants.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - You are doing awesome with 93 no soda days! Go for 100!
    @TeresaW2024 - Oh...I've been working on him. He says he burns enough calories working. So, I'm trying to get him to lift weights with me. I probably drive him crazy pacing our little house and I tell him all the calories he's eating too. Wow...that must of been difficult getting Joe to the bedroom by yourself.
    @AustinRuadhain - I haven't been on a horse in years. I'm sure that was fun.
    @AustinRuadhain and @micaroo4 - The cardinal is the state bird here in Indiana. My husband and I seen one the other day. He said, "You know it's spring when you start seeing cardinals.🐦"

GROUP QUESTION

I'll have to admit that I'm really starting to enjoy exercising. I used to hate cardio. I've built up my agility and stamina. I've also learn how to breath during my workouts. Inhale on contraction and exhale during exertion. I'm also mindful of my posture and enjoy moving to a strong beat. I kind of look forward to my exercise and sometimes, I stretch them out a little longer.
    💪 Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 A spring challenge would be fun. Something about spring cleaning and getting outdoors? Hmm! :)
    And would a Tiny Habits thing be fun at some point? I have been doing that. Maybe after the spring thing?

Salads! Today, I had a big bowl of greens with a few strawberries, a chopped kiwi, 1/2 c garbanzo beans, and a dash of balsamic vinegar, and felt on top if the world. I am learning to love big bowls of greens.

• AustinRuadhain
    edited March 26
    Options
    Monday:
    🟢 Tiny Habit: Kitchen pushup I did 3!
    🟢 Floors: I hit my 5!
    🟢 Eat a salad!
    🟢 Eat steamed greens
    🟡 45 minutes exercise - I got in some movement, but won't do the 45 min. Instead, I prepped for tomorrow and am going to get some sleep. If all goes well, I will get in a longer session tomorrow.
    🟢 Track all my food and check out at day's end Done. Yay!

Tuesday Plan
    Tiny Habit: Kitchen pushup
    Floors: 5
    Eat a salad!
    Eat steamed greens
    Outdoor walk (with husband? even a black walk would be a win on Tuesday)
    Track all my food and check out at day's end
    Think about a new Tiny Habit to focus on
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Wi Monday
    PW 209
    CW 208.4
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    Meditating
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

I can say that I do not hate exercise anymore!

@trooworld - you are GORGEOUS in your pictures!

@19shmoo69 - can you please expound on where you "found" a package of miscellaneous meat?! In the back of your freezer? At a store? On a street corner? I'm concerned because your family eats street candy......

@TeresaW2024 - I really hope that Joe and your wrist feel better and you enjoy the visit from the fam.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss! Yeah girl. And yes, 3 freaking hours of speeches~ it was too much really. Thank you! Yes, kids lol. Oh darn, I'm sorry you are still sick. I hope you feel better today. I can't wait to see the Easter cards! TOOT TOOT I will toot for you!!! <3 93 days is awesome, keep counting!!!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! LOL yes, that free wine was ever pouring: the server kept coming around and topping it off lol. I don't even want to say how many glasses I THINK I had. :D Yeah, my dogs love being in the car. How about little Maggie? Oh gosh, I'm sorry about Joe passing out. I'm glad he didn't just fall over and hit his head on something.

@19shmoo69 That makes total sense and I'm glad you said it. I hate posting gains but I always do because you have to take the bad with the good and like you said, it encourages others to post their true weight.

@AustinRuadhain That's great you met the weight limit and were able to enjoy the riding. That sounds like a cool place to ride!

@Katmary71 That was the terrible part lol. Thank you! I think you should post pics of the columbine flowers when they grow, I have never seen them. :) Yes, the couch felt super good lol. I needed the rest.

@Veta2018 Thank you! That's great you are enjoying exercising, that's the way to make it a habit!

@AmbersWay Congrats on the loss!

@Cornanda That's great that you don't hate to exercise. Thank you!

DISCUSSION QUESTION: WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU LOVE NOW THAT YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE IMAGINED YOU'D LIKE IN THE FUTURE? Working in a corporate/office type of setting. I was a punk rocker in my late teens early 20s. I was against conformity in any form. I didn't want "the man" to tell me what to do lol. But I love my job, I love the stability of working full time and I'm glad I matured! :D

Hi all. I have to drop off my painting today at the gallery so I will get to leave work a bit early, which is nice. I designed some new business cards and they will be ready for the opening. They have pics of some of my art on them. Other than that, I tracked yesterday. I didn't track all weekend, which is bad but hey it happened.

No Zero Days: Tracked for the first time in days.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thanks for the support! I’m just so used to losing and gaining, and losing fast, but my body is 40 now so it’s all hitting a little different. I am also trying to avoid the scale on non-weigh days so I don’t fixate on the numbers this week. As far as spring goals, maybe getting my kids more active with me would be a good one.

@trooworld I too have the weekend tracking forgetsies…

Feeling better about life today, I am less focused on my negative feelings about my body image today than I was yesterday.

Reading on a kindle, I know that sounds silly, but I was, and still am a lover of books, but now that I use an e-reader I can read anywhere, and it’s really opened up my reading time!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Lol. You've got a great memory with the street candy. The miscellaneous meat was actually at a grocery store I shop at from time to time. I go there mostly when they have meat on sale. My wife stocks up that way. When I go I look at all the meat racks and freezers because there could be something cheap that's not advertised. Low and behold there was the miscellaneous meat for $1 a pound. I'm not too sure what it was. But a bit if garlic, onion and steak seasoning cooked it in a pan and BAM I was the only one in my house to eat it. It was delicious.
  • Oldmfp
    Oldmfp Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 26
    Options

Dancing. I was not confident to dance when I was younger and I didnt know how but now I enjoy dancing like no one is watching and enjoying myself for fun sakes. I am getting a dance mat game soon and I am planning on taking dance lessons as a hobby.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 13 of 52

PW: 138.0
    CW: 137.8

Hi everybody. I'm still doing good with my weight. I miss butter, more so lately. I've been doing yard work I went out Saturday morning and raked up a big wagon full, after I went inside it started raining, I still have more leaves to rake up. I ordered some Fruit Tree spikes and it's the perfect time to put them in the ground, I was hoping to do that today but the week killer I used last time did not kill the weeds, so I need to spray again because the backyard is full of weeds. It's easter on my game and I am enjoying all of the Easter activities. I love Peeps. I can't find any sugar free Peeps this year. Marshmallow candy is my favorite. I did a bad thing yesterday I took a bath and forgot I had my hearing aids in, and I dunked my head under water. I took them out right away and dried them off, they seem to be fine. I have to order a new charging station because my Cats love my hearing aids, the current charger is open, they get on my desk and run off with them. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow, it's charging case that closes. Bad Kitties.

I love my Kindle; I have always loved books but it's so much easier with an e-reader. I can just pick it up and read a couple of pages and it does not take up much room on my desk. I have loaded it with so many books, that there is always something interesting to read. I've tried to talk my husband into getting a Kindle, but he likes his books.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just playing catch-up here. I am just going to work with today's posts and go forward.
    @trooworld would you put up a picture of your new business cards, they sound lovely! I like that attitude for your tracking, I am trying to copy you! Last week I tracked some days and some days I did not. LOVE your pictures!!

@ninyagwa I remember before 40 years old, I could drop weight like nobody's business I also put it on like nobody's business🤣. I'm glad you're feeling better, you are doing great!

@19shmoo69 there is nothing like mystery meat with a bit of seasoning!🤣

@Fushiakat have you cut out butter totally from your diet? I'm glad you're hearing aid is OK after taking a bath! My mom came with me when I was visiting the breeder where I got Vannie. We were sitting on their couch, holding puppies, when one puppy ran up licked my mother all over her face and ear, grabbed her hearing aid and took off with it! We never did find that hearing aid🤣

Well last week was here insanity! My brother's pup was about twice the size of Ty, his energy was so over-the-top and had a very different play style than my dogs (he like to jump on her head and pin her down like a wrestler). Poor Ty was so intimidated, Vannie was so protective she was having anxiety attacks! I sent Vannie to stay with my son and daughter-in-law while they were here and I raised the couch up just high enough so that Ty could fit underneath but my brother's dog could not🤣. We kept leashes on the dogs at all times so if Rocco was getting too much, we could quickly grab him. My brother was supposed to leave on Thursday but they had car trouble so they didn't end up leaving until late Friday. Just enough time for me to get the house cleaned up And ready for my sons birthday dinner on Sunday. My house is busy with the two dogs, but now after having two puppies, it seems relatively calm. I got over to the gym and did some weight training, first time I have been to the gym in a couple of weeks. I haven't done spin in about three weeks, I am not feeling bad about that though, I am getting my cardio in when I walk the dogs! Walking with Ty and Vannie is a great cardio workout, Ty always wants to go 90 miles an hour. I should be back on board this week, no company or dinner parties planned. My plan is to go to hot stretch yoga tomorrow. My grandkids are out of school this week so I am going to pick them up right after my yoga class on Friday morning, we will go to a movie on Friday afternoon and I will have a popcorn lunch :-). Hope everybody has a great Tuesday, the dogs and I just went on a very very brisk 45 minute walk, we are all ready for a nap😊
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH IN NEEDED FOR: @laurelfit57 @Jactop

@19shmoo69 I like your answer I’d be scared of “miscellaneous meat”!

@oldmfp @Littlebabekitty I’m going to report your name change to have it changed on the spreadsheet, is Oldmfp your permanent one now? It’s hard to eat healthy when sick, hope you’re feeling better. Love that you’re feeling more confident and can dance freely now. Interestingly anxiety when working out is pretty common, I went through that when I stopped an anti-anxiety med I took for nerve pain for 20 years and it was one of the things that caused panic attacks I had to work through.

@Veta2018 I love hearing how many of us really enjoy exercise now!

@AustinRuadhain Doing awesome on those goals! The prepping will save you time tomorrow, I think that was a good trade-off. You’re doing awesome,
    @trooworld You’d love the flowers they look like something a fairy should be running around with. Too funny I love your question answer. I think of how rebellious I used to be and now I’m running around in bunny ears like a dork, lol. How exciting about your painting!

@ninyagwa I understand that weighing every day can be hard. What kinds of activities to they like? We (SIL and I) used to do dance parties with my nephews, it was real fun. They’re great to hike with too. I didn’t imagine liking a Kindle either but boy for huge books it’s a lot easier to hold!

@FushiaKat I’m going to post something I saved on my phone, my Mom is a Peep’s lover too and you’ll get a kick out of it. When you cut the cake each slice had 2-3 peeps which looked real cute.

@laurelfit57 Sounds like you’re getting in a lot of great family time. Your brother’s pup added in with yours sounds chaotic! Glad you’re getting back to the gym.
    Hi team! Did my last homework assignment, now I have the final and it’s done. I went to the greenhouse and thinned the seedlings then went to get yogurt and stopped for a treatment at the holistic place. The homework took up most of my day but got the yard watered.

Challenge- there’s currently a challenge covering about 8 basic areas for the whole group with cleaning, self-care, nutrition, etc. I’m thinking on an Spring challenge, want to focus on a few areas like exercise, nutrition, and one other?
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @FushkiaKat Isn't this a great idea?! If I wasn't making a carrot cake I'd make this (Mom went on a cruise too so I'd rather do it when she's there to enjoy it).

w6b99fwc2o54.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Tuesday Plan
    🟢 Tiny Habit: Kitchen pushup
    🟢 Floors: 5
    🟡 Eat a salad & steamed greens - compromised on a vegetable smoothie, as it was quick
    🟢 Outdoor walk (with husband? even a black walk would be a win on Tuesday)
    🟢 Track all my food and check out at day's end
    🟢 Think about a new Tiny Habit to focus on - I picked chair squats, one when I enter my office
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 i posted my weigh in on Sunday, should I be tagging you in these? I see you are putting out reminders now.
    3d0x4azorp9o.png
This discussion has been closed.