Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,908 Member
    edited April 2
    Options
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I'm Lis, 60 (for 3 more weeks!). From the uk but have lived in Spain for 22 years.
    Started my journey here in August 2021 at 276lb. Met my goal of 176lb before Xmas then promptly gained 20lb. 😳😳
    What's different is every other time in my life i would have given up and gained the entire 100lb back! Not this time 😁😁
    I'm back down to 182lb and determined to lose that last 6lb and maybe a bit more.
    Come on Downsizers, let's have a great month!
  • rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @Jounee_hdl, @Mayzi61 and @Trillium54
    Welcome!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I completely spaced weigh in on Saturday. It was my uncle's funeral that day and just wasn’t what was on my mind. Anyway, not sure what to do.
    Do I skip or do you want today’s? I’m ok with either.
    PW:193.1
    CW: 192.0

My name is Renee and I am a now retired but still licensed nurse of 33 years. I can’t seem to give up that license just in case 😂. I am married with three grown boys two of whom are married, 3 grandchildren, and 1 more on the way and due in July. I can’t wait! It’s been almaist 8 years since the birth of our last grandson.

My goals for April after looking back over the first three months of the year are
    #1 commit to a no sugar month again-it’s creeping back in 😞
    #2 Commit to three days of intentional exercise-it’s become non existent. I really don’t know what my problem is lately?! I’m losing focus!
    #3 try to find some time daily to just relax

My favorite holiday is New Year’s Day. All of the stress, activity, and fun chaos of Christmas is behind me and I have a feeling of a fresh new start. It’s a day spent relaxing in front of the fire and watching football. My version of heaven😅
  • rainyrae
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Monday's Question of the day ...What is everyone's favorite color? Mine is purple
  • rainyrae
    Options
    Mine’s blue!
  • Trillium54
    Trillium54 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mine's purple, too!

64stg81bqrq8.jpeg
  • ChickieBoom22
    ChickieBoom22 Posts: 80 Member
    edited April 1
    Options
    Hi, Team! I'm Caryn. I'm 44 and live in NYC. I just got a new kitty, he's a tuxedo and he's absolutely adorable. I'm also in an acapella chorus that performs and competes. This is probably my sixth serious attempt at losing weight. I lost about 60 pounds when I first moved back to NY in 2019 but I gained it all back stress eating during the pandemic. I'm taking my time right now and trying really hard to form new healthy sustainable habits. I'm not putting too much pressure on myself and hoping to remain consistent.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW 210.1
    CW 207.6

Favorite color: GREEN. I love green! I love how fresh and vibrant it is. I probably love a bright kelly green the best but I love all greens and now that Spring is finally here, there's green EVERYWHERE!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited April 1
    Options
    Hi, Team! I'm Caryn. I'm 44 and live in NYC. I just got a new kitty, he's a tuxedo and he's absolutely adorable. I'm also in an acapella chorus that performs and competes. This is probably my sixth serious attempt at losing weight. I lost about 60 pounds when I first moved back to NY in 2019 but I gained it all back stress eating during the pandemic. I'm taking my time right now and trying really hard to form new healthy sustainable habits. I'm not putting too much pressure on myself and hoping to remain consistent.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW 210.1
    CW 207.6

Favorite color: GREEN. I love green! I love how fresh and vibrant it is. I probably love a bright kelly green the best but I love all greens and now that Spring is finally here, there's green EVERYWHERE!

Welcome to our amazing team ...Congrats on your new kitty...Great loss ...Congrats :)
  • ejnxyz
    ejnxyz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    To all the new Downsizers - welcome! @Jounee_hdl, @Mayzi61 and @Trillium54

My 3/31 wgt was 136.2

Goal weight is still gonna be 134 for April.

I'm mostly vegan, struggle with salt related weight swings, and have a long term goal of losing 3-4 pounds to eliminate VAT fat to avoid the metabolic triad of related diseases. I'm currently on crutches which is NOT HELPING at the moment, lol

I have fostered a lot of cats for the local no kill shelter. 25 and counting. I will start swapping out my photo with foster photos as I go along. So I guess my favorite color is calico! I'll switch my photo to a tuxedo! His name was Micky, and he was the cutest ever ;D
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

aactuallyaash

3/24 - 4739
    3/30-1909

Thanks! Happy April!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    ev8ihglqzlp1.jpg

Tuesday Weigh-In

@aactuallyaash
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    Mine’s blue!

Mine too, beautiful cobalt blue. I like it so much i just painted the outside of my house that colour!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    On my way to get my MRI. The appointment is for midnight in a city 1.5 hours away. Hoping to go for a swim tomorrow depending on how tired I feel.

April Goals
    Exercise 4 to 5 times a week
    Walk daily with a step goal of 5000
    Lose 2 to 4 pounds

Steps 6023

Hope it goes well. I really miss swimming :( We came to a campsite with a good local pool so i could swim. Been here a month and i haven't been once! Don't feel too bad about it as I've been hitting by 10k steps a day on a very regular basis. Promising myself I'll swim properly every day when the local pool opens in July!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Why does my weight always drop loads the day after I weigh in? Is it just me?
  • myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Why does my weight always drop loads the day after I weigh in? Is it just me?

It happens to me often too... 😄
  • myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello new members 👋 Welcome 🤗
  • rainyrae
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    Mine’s blue!

Mine too, beautiful cobalt blue. I like it so much i just painted the outside of my house that colour!

Oooh I bet it’s beautiful! And yes, my weight drops the day after weigh in too! This morning it was a while pound. However, mine always seems to go up and down until it lands on what it does on Saturday. Not to be too graphic but I think it has to do with BM’s 😂
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    eifp8pll2ro0.jpg

Would the following people please weigh-in

@28Haveitall2020
    @Journee_hdl
    @prodigal6766
    @Hotspur11
This discussion has been closed.