Living The Lifestyle Thursday 4/3/24

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 5,948 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Overthinking the day for foods/dishes? Or Just let the day flow as it may doing what you know are the right dishes/foods to eat and those you should avoid.

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I try to minimize my thinking. Much of my intake is routine and habitual. The more I make everything habit, the easier it is to stick with it.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I food prep on Sundays. But, I don't food prep meals. I food prep meal components, which I can put together during the week for a complete meal. So, that's where my thinking comes into play. I eat pretty much the same thing for breakfast each day - no thinking. And, lunch is usually leftovers or a frozen entree - no thinking.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Most of my thinking was done years ago. When I started WW I spent a lot of time figuring out what worked. A couple of times I went to supermarkets in the evening midweek with my point calculator crunching numbers. 1 time I ran into a couple of women doing the same.

About all I think about is which of my 4 regular picks am I having for lunch at the diner.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    I try to minimize my thinking. Much of my intake is routine and habitual. The more I make everything habit, the easier it is to stick with it.

I’ll take Steve for the win. The more I stick to routine, the better I do. Even eating out, I tend to go to the same places where I know what options have what impact on the scale.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,938 Member
    Options
    crewahl wrote: »

I’ll take Steve for the win. The more I stick to routine, the better I do. Even eating out, I tend to go to the same places where I know what options have what impact on the scale.

About the same here. My breakfast is the same 5-7 times a week, as is lunch. Dinner is more flexible, with a number of meals to swap in and out, so that the only "thinking" is which veggies we'll have with the loosely set protein.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Real Estate Principle: Location, Location, Location. Eating Principle: Habit, Habit, Habit
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking too much as of late. Thinking about how good chic fil a minus are. Or a sausage egg biscuit. Or add-ons with lunch or dinner that I shouldn't be eating. Need to quit thinking and be consistent.