Weigh Ins - Week commencing Mon 8th April

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
edited April 15 in Social Groups
Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Feel free to drop into the General Chat thread for chat weight loss and general stuff.

And for newbs you can find the monthly progress reports here showing month to month weight variance and your progress from start weight to goal (where info has been given in your posts).

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    GW: 144.7 lbs
    Weigh In Info - Apr 3, 2024
    Last: 240.7 lbs
    TW: 239.1 lbs
    Variance: 1.6 lbs

Feels good, I've been in the 240s for a long long time, and breaking out seemed like very nice first step and then I tried it. It took a long time. I've been wavering around the 240 mark for a week or so. Now I've been below for four days now, so I'm calling it official.

I weened myself off the obesity drug Qsymia. I spoke with the doctor and got the okay. There were too many side effects, and not enough action around weight and appetite.
  • bootilicious
    bootilicious Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    LW: 163.2 lbs
    TW: 163.4 lbs
    Difference: ⬆️ 0.2 lb
    Have a nice week everyone 🚶🏽‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Oops, my weigh in was today. April 8th.
  • Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Starting WT: 227.8
    LW: 173.
    TW 173.
    Seriously I am beyond over this plateau. I think I really need to shake things up somehow!!!
    Got any great ideas peeps? I'm back to getting some hiking in, and it's time to work out in the gardens, so you would think that the scale would appreciate that. I am determined to hit my goal of losing 80lbs (thats only 25 away, for cripes sake!). 80 lbs was what I set my mind to, my doctor agreed it was a reasonable and achievable number but come on...that was set Dec 2022!!!! I'd like to hit my goal by the end of this year!!!!
  • shawnstevennelson1988
    shawnstevennelson1988 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LW-252.8
    TW-249.9
    SW-280
    GW-180

Now I'm in the 240's!!! Almost time to buy new clothes but everything's so expensive! Luckily my dad will be giving me a bunch of clothes at the end of the month!
  • chris_in_cal
    edited April 11
    Options
    TW-249.9
    Very nice!!!

It is a problem getting new clothes...but it is a good problem, IMHO.

I think about every 20lbs loss, I'll need to be looking at getting different clothes.

I cheated last time and kept a bag of clothes marked "225 lbs" so, when I get there it'll be like Christmas Morning. I'll break out a bunch of old favorites I haven't worn in a few years.

Now that I'm writing this, that will be my next short-term goal: get to 225 lbs, and open up the bag of clothes stuffed in the back of my closet.

:)
  • chris_in_cal
    edited April 11
    Options
    Sandie2102 wrote: »
    TW 173.
    Seriously I am beyond over this plateau. I think I really need to shake things up somehow!!!
    Got any great ideas peeps? I'm back to getting some hiking in, and it's time to work out in the gardens, so you would think that the scale would appreciate that. I am determined to hit my goal of losing 80lbs (thats only 25 away, for cripes sake!). 80 lbs was what I set my mind to, my doctor agreed it was a reasonable and achievable number but come on...that was set Dec 2022!!!! I'd like to hit my goal by the end of this year!!!!

@Sandie2102 What comes to mind? Where are you going in try to mix it up?

Eight months to lose 25lbs seems okay. 2.8 lbs/month (1.28 kg/month) (.2 stone/month)

I am standing here for you to drop 0.6 lbs this week and coming in next week at approximately 172.4, and approximately 170 at the end of the month.

I know you can do that, what's the process you are going to use?

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    SW: 183lbs Jan '23
    GW: 140 lbs
    LW: 147.5
    TW: 150.3lbs
    Gain/Loss: +2.8lbs

Oops I messed up again 🙈. I seem to be stuck at this 150lbs

Well done @chris_in_cal for getting below 240!
  • thomasjohnlynch
    thomasjohnlynch Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Date Monday, April 1, 2024

GoalWeight: 174 lbs

LastWeek: 198.5 lbs

ThisWeek: 197.7 lbs

Variance: - 0.7 lb ( LOSS!! :smiley: )

Right direction!! ?
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    GW: 144.7 lbs
    Last: 240.7 lbs
    TW: 239.1 lbs
    Variance: 1.6 lbs

Feels good, I've been in the 240s for a long long time, and breaking out seemed like very nice first step and then I tried it. It took a long time. I've been wavering around the 240 mark for a week or so. Now I've been below for four days now, so I'm calling it official.

I weened myself off the obesity drug Qsymia. I spoke with the doctor and got the okay. There were too many side effects, and not enough action around weight and appetite.

Whoohoo congratulations
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    LW: 187.6
    TW: 186.6

Slow but moving
  • Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    TW 173.

@Sandie2102 What comes to mind? Where are you going in try to mix it up?

Eight months to lose 25lbs seems okay. 2.8 lbs/month (1.28 kg/month) (.2 stone/month)

I am standing here for you to drop 0.6 lbs this week and coming in next week at approximately 172.4, and approximately 170 at the end of the month.

I know you can do that, what's the process you are going to use?

I am reassessing my eating plan. I think that I have become to complacent lastly. I am re-adjusting my meals, going to make a much more detailed grocery list and grab stuff on Sunday (do some meal prepping as well). If the weather holds, I'm committing to getting in a hike each weekend (again, weather and baseball schedule dependent). I've also planned out snacks for tmr's Jay's game and I have zero shame in taking in some healthier options. Does this mean that I will skip a ballpark hotdog, no, but I always skip the bun anyway so that's better. I just truly need to apply myself, and move more...I think that is the part of the process that I am missing! Thanks for the encouragement...every bit helps!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    SW: 125kg (275.5lbs)
    Short Term GW: 115kg (253.5lbs)
    Long Term GW: 100kg (220.5lbs)
    Ultimate GW: 90kg (198.5lbs)

Weigh In Info
    LW: 118.4kg (261.0lbs)
    TW: 117.6kg (259.3lbs)
    Variance to last week: -0.8kg (-1.7lbs)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    TW 173.

@Sandie2102
    Weight loss is super slow when you get to the lower numbers of your goal, you don't have the same flexibility on the calories as you do when you have a huge deficit.

I mentioned to you in a previous week about diet breaks, but not sure if you saw it as you didn't respond.

Long term dieting can put a stress on your body in terms of hormones, so it's important to break it up with periods of maintenance to regulate them.

That's particularly helpful for the mental aspect of loss too, you are going to have to be a lot more accurate as you get closer to goal, as you have less of a deficit to play with, so a week or two of maintenance can help reset your mindset and come back at it fresh.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - That is really great advice & very true
  • chris_in_cal
    edited April 13
    Options
    That's particularly helpful for the mental aspect of loss too, you are going to have to be a lot more accurate as you get closer to goal, as you have less of a deficit to play with, so a week or two of maintenance can help reset your mindset and come back at it fresh.
    Thanks Ang. I joined an "Obesity Clinic" at my healthcare provider this year. It's how I got the meds. The clinic has me talk to Mental Health, and next week I'll talk with a Dietitian.

The Mental Health provider and I were talking about my Yo-Yos. I get all worked up and get on a mission, and lose excess weight. Then I stop, mission is over, and I gain a lot back. He wanted me to practice taking breaks.

I get excited over my MFP login streak...I'm over 400 days today. I like to get on a streak where I click "diary complete" every day, etc. I've thought of those as good things. This new idea, or new challenge, is for me to intentionally mix in breaks, and practice getting right back on it after having a break.

I'm officially announcing that today, at a 422 day streak of logging into MFP every day, I am not going to log in tomorrow (Sunday 4/13,) and when I log in on Monday, I'll be at day 1 again. I'm going to embrace taking a break, as part of my current effort to get to a healthy weight.
This discussion has been closed.