Living The Lifestyle Thursday 4/11/24

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 5,948 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: What do you feel might be your primary or priority challenge ahead of you as far as weight loss or stabilization of your weight might be.

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Right now, I’ve got a couple of dining events stacked up right before the end of the month and they’re right before my official weigh-in for May. I’d like to be able to get rid of the five or so vacation pounds from the last two weeks of travel, make reasonable if not good choices over those events, and weight in for May in the Green Zone.

It’s not the end of the world if that doesn’t happen that way, but that’s the challenge I’m facing b my mind.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Mindfulness. Being more aware of what I snack upon, and why.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Passover is coming. That means I will be out of my routine across many days. There will be two seders (each with lots of maztoh, a requirement of 4 glasses of wine, and of course, really good food!), many meals with friends, and lots of foods that tend to have a lot more caloric density than I would routinely eat. I will try to be mindful, but it's going to be hard to keep the reins tight!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Passover is coming. That means I will be out of my routine across many days. There will be two seders (each with lots of maztoh, a requirement of 4 glasses of wine, and of course, really good food!), many meals with friends, and lots of foods that tend to have a lot more caloric density than I would routinely eat. I will try to be mindful, but it's going to be hard to keep the reins tight!

A week from Monday, if I’m recalling?
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    The next few weeks actually look good in terms of no travel or out-of-town guests. My challenge is always staying organized and making myself/my health a priority. There's definitely a correlation between the number of meals I cook at home and pounds lost. And I say that as someone who is usually able to make good choices and limit alcohol when dining out or doing takeout.

So, making time to meal prep/plan is my priority.