Options
    My steps
    4/18 21,779
    4/19 15,007
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    As you deepen your mindfulness practice, the question of who and what it is that is aware of all this experience starts to become more and more prominent. If we are aware of our thoughts, then can we actually be our thoughts? Who knows? Spend 5 minutes sitting with this question and pay attention to what comes up your mind.

prg309rkdd4v.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    edited April 20
    Options
    Friday ~ April 19
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Yesterday was a crappy day. It rained all day so no walk, I did the bare minumum with my movement and just got my stepgoal done, I was really upset because I had a bird fly into the window again in the morning. It was a female hawfich which made it extra awful. They are very shy birds and getting them in the garden in the first place is special. When I heard her fly into the window, I checked right away. I can usually tell by the sound if it's bad or not. She looked bad. Head tilted to the side, couldn't sit up, just fell over with her wings out. I rushed outside with a small box, picked her up and let her sit in the box for over 45 minutes. That is always the worst part of it, the waiting, being patient enough and giving it time, and then checking in and seeing if she recovered or died. Thankfully, this time we had a happy ending and she was very alert and healthy looking and more than ready to fly out of the box. I also saw her in the garden again later to eat with her mate, chriping away and being fed by him. I am pretty sure it was the same bird because I only have 1 female hawfinch visiting the garden. So even though it turned out alright in the end, it kind of set the tone for my day and I was just in a bad mood. I also ate too much which is partly to blame on the nasty weather. I needed groceries but did not want to go outside and bike in that nonsense. It should be easy to make today a better day at least. Happy Saturday everyone <3
    Here she is flying out
    https://youtube.com/shorts/VAfJnaR4so8?si=Rf56t-M4Wzrx0_1L
    This is a male hawfinch
    pppcx2ixv3xb.jpg
    And the sparrowhawk was sitting on my neighbours shed, so I got some pictures through the kitchen window.
    l6lpwbihfh5c.jpg
    ubyblcjqtw41.jpg
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,527 Member
    Options
    Friday 4/19 steps
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @alleykat69 that sucks and is terrible frustrating. I hope you get there next week.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone!

Here is my Saturday morning weigh in

weight: 186.8 lbs

I've been eating healthily all week, and didn't order any take out. Last night my kids and nieces were having pizza for dinner, and I had some two slices.
    Ate lots of fresh produce all week, and had light dinners. I could stand to increase my protein intake though.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all:

Sorry for my radio silence yesterday, but I got home a little late...just couldn't seem to get out of the office and then had a couple of stops to make...didn't even get lunch yesterday! By the time I got home, I was not feeling well, but I'm doing the partner challenge in the group challenge this week and didn't want to let my partner down, so I walked and did my strength exercises and then went straight to bed...didn't even log on. This morning, I had to get up early and work on a garmin badge to walk 3 miles...hit my daily step goal by 915am! Thank goodness I felt back to normal this morning, so it was just a stressful, crazy week and I was exhausted.

Thank you @pupowl for holding down the fort, so to speak! Also, sorry to hear about the little bird, but it was nice that he recovered and I liked seeing him fly away...also your photography...BREATHTAKING!!! Especially with how you capture the frost on the trees, leaves and the frosty air that looks smoky in the scenes...very pretty...you REALLY should sell some of your photos online...just amazing what a great eye you have...and wow, wish I could walk with you...you are blessed to live in such a lovely wooded area, in which to walk...my favorite of all of the pictures this time, was the one with the two ducks/geese on the water...so serene and peaceful...thank you SO MUCH for posting when you do...

Speaking of gaming...I know you're playing games that are REALLY active games...me I'm so addicted to playing Monopoly Go! It's hilarious...but I've found some lovely friends on Facebook in trading the stickers...just having a blast...if anyone plays MoGo, let me know! I'll add you to my friend's list! Enjoy your Saturday everyone!!

Jessica
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @Tomsgal1985 -- Catch anything? :D:+1:

@izzyred9400 -- I'm an artist and I really want to go to Greece now, I am obsessed with the colors! Here we have green and green, lol
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 228
    CW 228.2
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    Next week's Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Apr 21st. Please join us for the Dance Party Challenge and get ready to throw down to your favorite songs all week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10914022/april-week-4-group-challenge-dance-party-challenge#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited April 21
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl — I’m in Boston for a number of family events and didn’t have a chance ti weigh in because I can’t get my mother’s scale to work. I’m sorry for the late notice. I thought I’d have access to a scale while visiting.

I’m returning home on Monday so I’ll be sure to report next week. My apologies for the inconvenience!
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @alleykat69 that sucks and is terrible frustrating. I hope you get there next week.

yes it does suck. fingers crossed it happens soon.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    So one of my coworkers was telling me that she was starting 75 hard on Monday, and that she wished she knew someone that would do it with her, so I volunteered. I will alter it a bit, so instead of 2 45min workouts a day, I will do one workout at a minimum of an hour a day, and I don't care if one is outside, lol. But I won't drink alcohol (I rarely drink anyways) I'll stick to 1500 calories, and I'll workout at least an hour a day, everyday for 75 days.

Never heard of that but can see why it's called Hard. 🙂 Good luck and keep us posted.

I've done it before when I was fit a few years ago, but never finished it. I stopped when my step dad passed and I had to help my mom who spiralled for a while, it was to hard to keep up with. It is hard but it's supposed to help you stick to healthy habits.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    edited April 21
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 4/19: 10,547
    Sat 4/20: 15,600

This discussion has been closed.