Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    xrx4myihqcmf.jpg

If you were a teacher... What subject would you teach?
    I think I would teach English...my mom was a teacher ... I was a student of hers in High School

humanities at a community college
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    April 21st: 5,272
    April 22nd: 5,302
    April 23rd: 4,543
    April 24th; 4,160

I was right, the scales were not my friend. I am up 4.2 pounds. It shows you that not logging, paying attention to my food, not drinking enough water and drinking pop can do in less than a week. So I need to go back to the basics. Aiming to get my steps today but I am playing catch up on housework and laundry.

I actually was a teacher at the college level. I taught electronics. I did this for about 5 years total. I would like to teach kindergarten if I was to teach kids.

Scary how those pounds can come back so quick isn't it! Let's hope you have a good week and they disappear just as quick!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Just sent you a message - I'll be back for May; I can do it! My starting weight is 152.8; weigh in day will be Wednesdays. Many thanks! 😁

Great to see you back here!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Pw 183
    Cw 185

Ohhh didn't quiet get rid of all that carb water from my birthday weekend as I've eaten too many salty anchovies! Very happy to have dropped 10lbs since Monday morning!! 🤣🤣

Let's hope that extra 5lb disappears this week and i get back to my beginning of April weight pronto!

• jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Apr 26, 2024)
    PW: 241.2
    CW: 239.9

The weather was cold this week and dampened my inspiration to get out and walk in the mornings (it's raining now) so I'm looking forward to St. Louis finally getting into Spring mode. So while I remained mostly stationary this week, at least the healthy eating made up for it.
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 398.2
    CW - 397

Ohhhh that's a low loss for you! Have you been celebrating reaching the 300s 🥳🥳🥳
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    6glzmj7jo6mz.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    gyko5azbaiax.jpg

What is everyone's favorite type of tv shows to watch?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    gyko5azbaiax.jpg

What is everyone's favorite type of tv shows to watch?

For me I love 48 hours, dateline, Cold Justices...I should have been a detective in my younger years instead of an ER nurse :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    edited April 26
    Options
    Steps:
    April 21st: 5,272
    April 22nd: 5,302
    April 23rd: 4,543
    April 24th; 4,160
    April 25th: 5,383

I can’t believe I missed my steps by 117. When I checked my watch I was fairly far off. I couldn’t fall asleep last night so I guess wandering around the apartment helped get me closer. The weather changes are giving me a headache literally and figuratively. I am taking some Advil and laying back down. It’s coffee group today but I will pass until next week.

PW 147.4
    CW 151.8 😩

I need to shape up this week so I get back in the 140’s for next week. The pop cravings are so real.

@itladyee
    I volunteered in both my granddaughters JK classes. I swear some of the kids thought I was 5 also. Wish I was able to do the same for my two granddaughters in Scotland. Your grandson is precious. I know that head in the sand feeling.

@FindingSamMon
    Good luck with your surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

@NachDeezy
    Did I miss you breaking into the 300’s? Awesome! 👏🎉👏🎉👏🎉

@Slimmersixties
    You made great strides in gettIng rid of the carb weight. Salt kills me also. I ate some pretzels last night and I am sure there was more salt than it said on the bag.

@jimboden3
    The fork wins everytime.

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,967 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 398.2
    CW - 397

Whoa!!! I missed your next century jump last week!!!

Awesome sauce!! Keep on crushing it my friend!!!🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,967 Member
    Options
    Motto:
    🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!
    Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳
    H2O - Make it Flow 💦💦💦

Recap: Glad I moved my weight in day to Saturday. A little up today due to sodium but still lower than last week. So.... tomorrow will be a good number.

Goals for April - Water ~ get to 80

- THOUGHTS:

rmtx4oadjdgq.png

The weekend usually trips me up, so Monday weigh-ins are a no-no for me! Talk about a morale killer.
    But...here are 8 things you can do to win the weekend:
    1. Stick with your regular bedtime.
    2. Work out in the AM (assures you "get it in).
    3. Enjoy/savor your morning coffee/tea or whatever suits you.
    4. Do some meal planning & prep for the next week.
    5. Don't skip meals and eat them at the table (not in front of the TV) with no devices.
    6. Get outside, go for a leisurely walk.
    7. Watch your alcohol intake.
    8. Stay hydrated.

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate
    4/21 8,262
    4/22 8,532
    4/23 10,371
    4/24 7,985 ST = 15
    4/25 10,760 ST = 15
    4/26
    4/27

TV Shows ~ I am a game show addict. I follow Grey's Anatomy, Station 19. I loved This is Us before it completed its run.

@lindamtuck2018 ~ that's the beauty of being with the kids. You don't have to "adult", you can be silly. One of the first things I do whenever I see my grandson is make a silly face. It always brings a smile to his face.

Weigh in Day: Saturday/b]
    Starting - 223.6 (12/29/2023)
    Ending January - 215.8 (7.8)
    Ending February - 216.4 (+0.6/7.2)
    Ending March - 218.4 (+2.0/5.2)
    April
    4/5 219.2
    4/12 219.6
    4/20 218.6 * Changed w/i day to Saturday
    4/27
    Total Gain 0.0 Total loss 0.0

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I am gonna bough out for a while. I just have too much much going on. I have told you all about what it takes out me to care for my MIL but what I haven’t let on to is that I have been awaiting results of bladder biopsies taken almost two weeks ago. I had an appointment yesterday and was given the unfortunate news that I have bladder cancer. We are now discussing the difficult decisions regarding my MIL and the need that I have to take care of myself. I will be cheering you all on from the sidelines until I feel that I can return!!

I am so sorry to hear about the bad news you got. I will keep you in my thoughts...I will excuse you so that you can still come in and chat with us🤗
  • MommieJeannie
    MommieJeannie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Hi, I'm a newbie....

Am I able to change my weigh in day? I would like to do Saturdays instead, so I can weigh in tomorrow.

Also, will there be a May chat room? or will this new challenge stay in this room?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited April 26
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Hi, I'm a newbie....

Am I able to change my weigh in day? I would like to do Saturdays instead, so I can weigh in tomorrow.

Also, will there be a May chat room? or will this new challenge stay in this room?

Yes you are able to change your weigh-in day ... and yes there will be a May chat room
    I will get that changed for you as soon as possible :)
    Welcome to our group ...I hope you like it as much as I have
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am about to start adding people to the May step challenge ... If anyone wants to be removed, added etc please let me know ... If you want to be added to the step challenge please give me a step pledge that you plan to hit daily ..Thank you :)
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,216 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am about to start adding people to the May step challenge ... If anyone wants to be removed, added etc please let me know ... If you want to be added to the step challenge please give me a step pledge that you plan to hit daily ..Thank you :)

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I'll be in next month. My step goal is 120K a week, so let's say 17K a day; may be over some days and under others; but that a good number.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @rainyrae I am SO sorry to hear this. 😢 Biggest hugs to you!
This discussion has been closed.