Accountable April!

Options
124»

Replies

• Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Hope that the doc has some insight, Nanc. Too bad about the dinner. I think it is especially hard when family doesn't seem to get it. And really, if they don't get it, can't they at least just shut up about it?!

How exciting to go to Finland with your new size medium clothes! I hope you and Brooks have a great trip, Donna. That is a place I'd like to visit.

How's the data verification fun going, Mihani? I hope you guys have a smooth transition.

My pants are not quite done. I took a pause on sewing to get some much needed spring cleaning done around the house. I have most of the kitchen, living room, and my bedroom done. Then I started in on my hobby room and I am partway done. Now that it is in progress though, even if I take a break I can't work on my sewing. I'm hoping that by the end of the day today, I'll have it reasonably organized and ready for use tomorrow. Also, I was sewing the pants with white thread, because I didn't have any blue that was close to the right color. I don't like the way it shows up though, so I am going to have to rip back and redo the most visible parts like the hem and side slits and the top stitching on the pockets.

After the pants, I have a dress next in the queue. It isn't one that I want to wear at this size, it is form fitted, but it is the next lesson in the course I am taking and I want to learn how the techniques even if I am not excited about the end piece right now. Who knows, maybe once I drop enough weight, I can take it apart and resize it so it gets some use!

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Hi all... it has been a crazy busy few days. Migration of data was completed by Thursday and I was working 15 hour days Thursday and Friday getting things reviewed. Still at it, but it gets faster with each file because I'm learning the software as I go, setting up custom fields and protocols, etc. A couple times I have changed my mind on something I set up, but I am not worried about it for the existing matters. I just want to have it firmly in place what I want for the new files going forward and this is a great way to learn and understand what I want the software to do. I love it so far. Finally, software I'm happy with. Hope it doesn't disappoint me over the long haul. I'm fickle that way. LOL

Nanc, I have had like 3 stomach viruses in the past couple months. There's definitely stuff going around. Hope you are feeling better.

Bisky, that would be so sad to leave the pups behind. That's a big reason that I never really went on vacations anywhere, and now that my last dog is gone, I don't have the travel bug at all. Just got used to staying home.

Glad you are enjoying your new hobby, Carla. Are you planning to do more spinning this summer?

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Magic are you better?

Carla- how is the organization- spring cleaning?

Mihani - glad you are happy with your new software and I hope once everything is loaded it makes your life easier.

Arrived in Helsinki from Dallas- San Antonio. After dinner on Finnish Air we took Tylenol, flexeril and melatonin and slept 6 hours on 9 hour flight. Woke up somewhat refreshed. Easily to the bus from airport to downtown Helsinki where our Hotel is. This is one of the cleanest, friendly, and walkable city that we have visited. Tons of fresh food restaurants and stores with gluten free and vegan options. Could live on green smoothies/juices as they are everywhere. Lots of little coffee places too. Everyone so far who we have talked to speak English. High today was low 60’s. Tomorrow Hop on Hop off bus, Marimekko and Moomin stores.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,788 Member
    edited April 30
    Options
    oh goodness, bisk, you are such a world traveler. So amazing that you guys go everywhere. please do keep up up to date on your travels. do you have one of those world maps with pins in all the places you've been. anyway, continued safe travels to you two.

better...not 100% but much better. I do think it was the prepped walmart cabbage slaw...the one that you add your own dressing to make cole slaw. OR it could be a stomach virus, like you said, M!

I have been very much down in the dumps lately regarding my job. not too many details but I am unhappy, and that is not good at any age, but especially at 75. I did sign up for uber eats delivery driver...I will give it a go after Houston 5/15 - 5/20.

Also, there is a website or app called flex jobs, I think it's called. Anyway, when I am in Houston, I will have my niece look at it with me. It gives you vetted work from home job...the site has a fee which makes it a bit more lucrative as far as finding something that would work.

Growing up Matzo Brei was a favorite in our home during Passover. I caved and bought matzo and Just Egg. Made it yesterday...soooooooooooo good. I think I will be having it daily for breakfast for awhile. I might try adding spinach to it for today's breakfast.

coffee
    matzo brei
    yogurt and berries
    OR rice and kimchi
    bean burrito
    ninja creamini

Have a good last day of the month, y'all.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,788 Member
    edited April 30
    Options
    Carla, the dinner was a work dinner. It is the constant "kidding" from my coworkers that has finally gotten under my skin. Some of the so called jokes about me being vegan are actually cruel.

My family, I think, finally gets it. Every once in a while, my sister will say, don't you miss such and such. That's not big deal...I understand her thinking. I do, however, wonder why she thinks I need special food. We eat regular food...we just don't ever ANIMALS...why is THAT so hard to understand. I mention that, because we can pretty much go anywhere and find something on the menu. It's not like we are Kosher. Sheesh!

I just had my five year vegan anniversary. My heart is 100% into it now. In the beginning, it was just to find a way to eliminate or reduce the inflammation in my knees. Then you learn so much in the process of being Vegan...and there is no turning back.

• Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Ah, sorry for misunderstanding, Magic. Family and co-workers, eh?! If it isn't one, it's the other :) The work from home option sounds interesting. Hopefully it is a good fit for you. I'm sure Lulu would love that, too. Do you get medical insurance through your current job?

Donna, Helsinki sounds wonderful. Low 60s seems pretty good to me if you are moving around a lot, but then I do like things on the cooler side.

How is the new software working out, Mihani?

Not the best photo, the color is off etc., but here are my almost finished pants. I still need to hem them and I am having trouble waiting because I want to wear them. They are really comfy and made out of cotton gauze. Once my cousin comes by for coffee next week and tries them on (making her a pair soon), I can get them hemmed.

The front of the pants were going to be upside-down but I changed things up a little so that I could eke out right-side up front pieces. I don't have enough left for a matching tank now, but I could easily do a shirt with blue butterfly sleeves and a pocket in the matching fabric and go with a solid main background color.

zg2eexwffa8l.jpg

I'm not sure what our meal is going to be tonight. I just know that it is going to be yummy. I love this Plantage meal service! We have not cooked since mid december. And we still get to eat plant based.

For breakfast I had a pumpkin muffin with my coffee and I have my parents coming over in a bit for coffee so I will probably have a second one. If I need a snack before dinner, I have some baby carrots and hummus on hand.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 984 Member
    edited April 30
    Options
    Carla -Oh those pants are fantastic! I love the color and butterfly print.
    Mihani - Co workers can be insensitive and not caring. People are triggered by other people’s diets. They eat crap and want everyone else to eat crap. My middle sister and I had a tiff last week. She has gone totally keto, high protein and high fat and it is her new religion. She won’t stop talking about it.i have asked her several times not to bring it up as it triggers my PTSD about how we grew up. According to her fruits are all bad due to sugar. But she is baking all these”keto” scones, cookies etc with all these sugar and flour substitutes. I don’t think they are as healthy as an apple.

Mihani - How is work this week? Thinking of you.

We walked 8 miles today. 20,000 steps. Not all at once. Stopped twice for coffee (Brooks) and tea (me). Beautiful sunny day. Again such healthy food. We went to a wok place and I had stir fry veggies and rice noodles with gluten free sauce. One more day in Helsinki then will take a train up north to a nature lodge by a lake.

syrbjmql3gn1.jpeg
    ns7mqf21zr4i.jpeg
    qxduk4qpxfpw.jpeg
    ocxdfian0vhp.jpeg
    rbltluetl5bt.jpeg
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Sounds like this is going to be a wonderful trip, bisky! Can't wait for stories and pics.

Nanc, glad you are feeling better. That's the first thing I thought too... yay for Lulu if you could work from home. I can't remember how long I've been vegan... over 12 years I'm sure. Not sure how long I was vegetarian before that.

Carla, love those pants! They do look very comfy. Yay for food made by someone else, right?

I got home a little early because I had a 3:30 appointment outside of the office and didn't go back. I am going to do some more work at home. I'm maybe halfway through the file review and if I could get another big chunk out of the way tonight that would be great. My goal is to be finished by the end of the day tomorrow and then get to all the things piling up while I work on this project.