Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    PW. 142
    CW 143.4

I blame it on the weekend ice cream.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question

What are your favorite songs from your teenage years that you still rock out to when nobody else is listening?

Back in the day my go to music was Twisted Sister, The Price (song).
    The unique thing is I listen to music everyday. I listened to Stryper back then and I still listen to them. Thesing then was Calling in You and now it is No More Hell to Pay.
    But nowadays I dig to find Christian bands I have never heard of.
  • Divya365
    Divya365 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Toona Melts sounds delicious. I love asparagus too. I usually make Asparagus soup with lemon and parmesan. https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/asparagus-soup-with-lemon-and-parmesan.html. Your neighborhood sounds so beautiful. 6ft sturgeon is pretty scary
    ( had to google it.)

@Artemis_2024 Welcome to the group! Wow your neighborhood is so beautiful

@FushiaKat Congrats on your weight loss this week. Reading about your cats made me laugh. Congrats on tracking your food every day, that's an awesome commitment.

@Katmary71 Thank you. Ahh, it's sad, but I'm sure they must be happy to have a cool aunt nearby. I grew up in a similar situation with no one of my age. Most of the kids in my neighborhood were way younger than me. ( I became their gang leader, lol ;) ) Glad you were able to help that person. I like growing my plants in grow bags too. What size grow bags did you order?

@gemwolf110 I'm so sorry you are going through such a rough week. Lots of hugs. I'm glad to hear Kiara is doing better.

@trooworld Thanks for sharing the pasta recipe with Asparagus. It looks so delicious will give it a try. Glad to hear that chiropractor-recommended exercises are working out for you. Hope it heels soon. Thanks for sharing the pic of seals sunbathing. When we visited California a few years back our host took us to the beach to see the seals. It was so much fun. Kids were making seal noises the whole way back. Live to 100 is inspiring. I can learn a thing or two from it.

@Veta2018 Your neighborhood sounds fun. Glad you are enjoying it.

@laurelfit57 Moss art workshop sounds interesting. What did you guys make?

@megnolia82 An hour's drive from Niagara Falls !! That's awesome.

@TeresaW2024 Happy Birthday to your sister. Cheering for you to reduce 4% weight of your weight. You can do it !!

@askewcr Glad to hear that your sugar numbers are getting better. Water aerobics sounds fun. Hope you can do it next week.

Hi All. I'm in red this week all thanks to the ice cream I had over the weekend. I have a hard time saying no to ice creams and popcorn. I joined a 30-day no-sugar challenge with my friend. Hopefully, I can make it to the end. Yesterday was a good day, Walked 11k steps, ate within the calorie limit, and forced myself to drink some water.

• Artemis_2024
    Artemis_2024 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I was down a couple of pounds today and decided to celebrate by munching through the afternoon. I know all about permission structures but I still fall victim to them somehow. The psychology of weight loss is so weird!
    I have to run, but good luck, everyone, especially with the weekend looming. . .
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    @Artemis_2024 – Yes, some of those specialty cheezes can really cause some cravings! Hmmm…I never thought to switch up my salt & pepper for some Everything Bagel seasoning. I’ll give it a try! What a gorgeous area where you live! Now THAT is some serious hiking!
    @Katmary71 – Asparagus in pasta does sound good. I plan on giving @trooworld’s recipe a try.
    @gemwolf110 – Hugs. I’m so sorry.
    @trooworld – I’m totally going to make your recipe…if my scatterbrain can get all the ingredients! I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought everything I needed…except the peas! URG! Those seals are adorable. I saw them at Pier 39 (I think that’s what it was called) when I was in Sacramento for a vacation…about 26 years ago! Man, time flies!
    @19shmoo69 – I’m sorry about the email. I hope and pray everything works out for the best.
    @askewcr – I hope that cough gets under control!
    @Divya365 – Your asparagus soup recipe is definitely one that I’m going to try! Thank you! And yes, 6 ft sturgeon ARE scary…but thankfully they don’t get too close to shore :) Maybe we should feed them all the excess ice cream so we aren’t tempted!

Another crazy busy day. I have discovered the best stamping time for me now is between midnight and 1am. Makes for a very sleepy Jennifer, tho. Every day right now is just lather, rinse, repeat. Thanks for all the asparagus ideas, everyone! Later, gaters!

What are your favorite songs from your teenage years that you still rock out to when nobody else is listening?

I still have quite an assortment of CDs in my car. I never know what I’m going to be in the mood for and my range is kinda funny…my all time fave band would be The Cure, with songs by Tears for Fears and Queen close behind. Sometimes I want to hear some old Eminem, but sometimes I want to hear 2 Pac. Sometimes I want some good old Petra (first band concert I ever attended), but sometimes Faith No More. And I will listen to all of them with my kids in the car and they will sing along and rock out with me. Nothing funnier than all of us shouting “No Sleep Till Brookly!” Cuz who doesn’t love The Beastie Boys, am I right?
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 177.2
    CW: 178.3

+1.1
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    @askewcr hope you keep feeling better! I would love to do aquafit! Hopefully next year our schedule will leave me a free evening to get out and do it. Good for you!

@tfelts147 way to go!

@19shmoo69 ooh I missed the Thursday question. I still love my teenage bands! Greenday, Weezer, Our Lady Peace, Spice Girls… I’ll lose my mind when Macarena or Tubthumping or Mambo #5 or Walking on the Sun, Blur song 2 come on… oh gosh yeah I love the 90s lol!

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 247.0
    CW: 247.8

+0.8 lbs
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Yeah you might not want to follow everything but maybe you can take something from it. Pizza and beers sounds like a fun way to celebrate your sister's birthday. Good luck wiht the DietBet!

@tfelts147 Way to go, Tim!

ICEBREAKER QUESTION: What are your favorite songs from your teenage years that you still rock out to when nobody else is listening? Hmmm...I will rock out to Prince until the day I die and I am not afraid of anyone seeing me! LOL When I was 16, I was driving in the snow at night and my car slipped on the road and I went into the ditch. Prince's Controversy was playing and I remember thinking I would be embarrassed if anyone found me like that. I don't think I was embarrassed to be playing Prince, it was more the volume I had it at and just being in the ditch lol.

@Divya365 You are welcome! Thank you. I love visiting with the seals. They are so beautiful. Good luck with the no-sugar challenge! You got this!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I hope you like it! Thanks. Time does fly! Midnight and 1am? You are a night owl for sure! LOL I love the Cure and listen to a lot of hip hop. And yes, who doesn't love The Beastie Boys!!!

@Cornanda I had one of those weeks too, I feel the same way. Hugs.

Hi all. I felt like I did a lot of things right this week and I still gained 0.8 lbs. :( It just reinforces why I am trying to qualify for surgery. It's so frustrating. Anyway, I have an art opening tonight which I have to be at. I'll try not to let this gain ruin my day.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, had 80 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 131 Member
    edited May 3
    Options
    "@Cornanda, I love your song choices! I had a Kool and the Gang album and love "Celebration". My dad sang "Chantilly Lace" all the time. :) I'm with you on losing and gaining the same pound. I'm hoping to turn it around this month. We will see! 🫤

@trooworld, you and I are forever Prince fans! 💜 I'm sorry to hear about your weight gain. I know how frustrating it can be, and I hope you get the surgery you want so badly. I also hope you sell lots of art! :)

Good morning! I'm a little hungover, but not too bad. My sister and I discovered this new beer called Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. It's light and lemony and so good! We also had cheesecake that her work friends gave her and chocolate cherry cupcakes that her daughter made. So, I'm going to have to watch what I eat today. We have a church potluck this Sunday with a Mexican theme, so it's one of those weeks where I'm praying I can at least not gain weight. Have a good day! :)

As a true child of the '80s, it's hard to narrow down just a few. Anything and everything by Prince owns my heart, especially "Purple Rain." Another all-time favorite song is "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" by The Clash. And of course, "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" by the great Cyndi Lauper."
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 269
    CW: 269
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options

Well, I don't care who's watching or listening, and I was rockin' out since the 60s so I've got a BIG songlist and bands that spans the decades and genres.
    -Mica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,629 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW
    : @ninyagwa
    Reminder for tomorrow weigh-in to the following: @865jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @tammymccrady6278
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,629 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 Sounds like a wonderful place to live!

@trooworld I think I've seen that on YouTube, good information. One of my feed friends goes through the recipes and makes them, I look forward to hearing about what you make. My co-worker really liked the farm, he went back today without me.

@TeresaW2024 The whole TC thing fell through, it was moved to a cafe then that practitioner flaked and the owner stuck around instead of going to her niece's funeral so no one's happy with her now. Have fun with your sister for her birthday! It's my boss's birthday and we're going out tonight too. I hope you win that diet bet! I'm with you about most people being decent and wanting to take care of loved ones.

@askewcr Are you off the steroids now? If so your BS will keep going down until it's back to normal.

@19shmoo69 I have a billion songs I could name but loved hair metal, thrash, rap, pop, freestyle, some punk, funk, and R&B. Old Metallica, Suicidal Tendencies, and Prince would be specific bands.

@Divya365 With grow bags I have 5 gallon, 10 gallon, and 15 gallon. I'm not too thrilled with the 10 gallon ones I just got as they're wider instead of deeper. I've switched around to using the 5 gallons for peppers and herbs and bigger for everything else. What all do you have in grow bags? I think 15 gallons isn't needed for tomatoes, I read somewhere to go bigger but 10 is big enough. I hope you do great with the no sugar challenge!

@Artemis_2024 I hope today is a better day for you!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Let us know which asparagus recipes you try and like!

@Cornanda I was just dancing to Kool and the Gang the other day, woohoo!

@trooworld That's very frustrating about the gain, I'm sure it's not actual fat and it will be better next week so stay strong and enjoy yourself tonight.

@TeresaW2024 Yum all that dessert sounds amazing!

Hi team! I had a board meeting last night, store and stopping by the farm this morning, then went to a ribbon cutting ceremony at a business that helps the charity a lot. I made it BACK to the farm for seedlings to bring to the garden club tomorrow morning and to borrow tools for Big Day of Service. I was invited to go out to dinner with the work gang for the boss's birthday so that's up next. I'd been planning to relax tonight as tomorrow's the garden club then Big Day of Service was moved to the afternoon. My nephew's birthday will take up most of Sunday don't even have time to do the board minutes. I stopped for a card and balloons for the boss, next up is watering and getting everything for tomorrow lined up to go in the car in the morning. The restaurant tonight is sushi, I was bedridden when it became more popular and don't really know what to get but will figure it out. Have a great Saturday!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I ended the week mostly strong. I’m under calories for the day which I know is a win but it doesn’t feel good enough. I have to trust the process. Last week I dropped 6 pounds so quickly. This week I’ve eaten as well or better and even upped the activity and the scale isn’t really budging.

Weekends are definitely a challenge for me to maintain good eating habits so I’ll have to take it one hour at a time!

Heading to sleep early tonight so hopefully a great sleep will help set the tone for a great weekend!

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 188.3
    CW 187.8
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat