Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,085 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Yes lol. Sorry your patch doesn't last as long as it needs to. The gnocchi recipe was great. Yes, that nap did recharge me.

QUESTION: What would be different in your life if you were able to answer "I'm doing great!"? How would you be doing things different than you currently are to feel that way?
    I feel pretty miserable most days, mostly physically. I guess I'd be eating well 80-90% of the time, exercising on a regular basis, and doing my physical therapy exercises every day. I would be pain-free and at my goal weight.

HI all. Doing okay here. I went to bed at 7 last night, that's not that much earlier than I usually do, but I was just dragging. I woke up tired, I hope this is not an indication of how I'll be today.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, drank 72 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    SW: 215.0
    PW: 194.4
    CW: 200.0
    :s
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    @Veta2018 – Congratulations! Carson is adorable!
    @TeresaW2024 – I know it’s upsetting to lose a family at the church, but can you imagine how the girl must feel? We had a prominent family in my church years ago (the wife was the daughter of our District Superintendent) and her step son (age 17) kept getting too close to my daughter and to another girl at the church. The girls were 15 at the time. Both girls would tell him to back off, but then he started trying to touch them. I said something to his father and you know what his response was? “Boys will be boys.” The hell they will. My son was 16 at the time and he NEVER tried doing anything like that and was ready to fight the boy, too. Nobody messes with his sisters. The family stopped coming to the church. And God blessed us with some new families that stepped right into those missing spots. It will work out.
    @Katmary71 – I am so relieved to know you are not letting that practitioner move in. She’d never leave and you would be so miserable. I can just imaging all the time and money spent in court trying to evict her. P.S. sorry about being so late with weigh in. I contemplated quitting.
    @19shmoo69 – Thank you for the rainbow picture. I needed that reminder. Good job on finishing your fixit jobs. It’s so easy to quit, but you kept at it and now you have a fancy toenail to prove it! I agree with your answer to the weekly question. If I were debt free, I’d feel so much less stress. Right now, half of my monthly paychecks go just to credit card debt. It’s my own fault, but man it would be great if someone could just give me $25,000.
    @Cornanda – I’m so sorry. I hope you feel better soon.
    @trooworld – Daisy is such a cute princess and she’s OUR team prom queen! I saved the recipe link for the gnocchi…but not making any promises LOLs. You’ve got some beautiful scenery for all the lovely walking paths you have!
    @FushiaKat – Season salt is the best! I grew up on it!

Hey, all. Sorry for my radio silence. I have made horrible food choices lately and the scale shows it. I was thinking about just saying, “Screw it” and quitting. But there’s a small part of me that must believe in myself and that I can lose the weight (again) because here I am. I have got to get it through my thick skull that I can NOT eat like Hunter can. She’s 24 and pregnant. I’m 50 and perimenopausal. HUGE difference. I wish I enjoyed cooking. But I don’t. I am great at buying the fresh veggies, but terrible at taking the time to actually prepare them. So that leads me to the question of the week:

QUESTION: What would be different in your life if you were able to answer "I'm doing great!"? How would you be doing things different than you currently are to feel that way?
    In addition to agreeing with @19shmoo69 being debt free, I also have to add that I would be down to my goal weight of 150, which would help decrease the pain in my ankles, knees and back. That, in turn, would also allow me to get some exercise in my life. I also mentally feel better when my weight is down and I can get those exercise endorphins flowing. So much revolves around the weight. Get that excess weight off and I could physically do so much more. Catch-22 for sure.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,720 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat I'm sorry to hear that about your wellness exam. That's interesting about the biotin, I hope your kidney function improves without it.

@19shmoo69 I understand your answer, it would definitely make life easier.

@megnolia82 I love your answers to the question, thanks for fleshing it out like that!

@micaroo4 Great answers, I feel like you on all of those especially the pain!

@trooworld Thanks! Oh no hope you made it through the day okay, hate starting the day feeling unrested.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad you didn't quit we'd miss you! That is a tough one to get the weight off so you actually ARE feeling well enough to exercise. I have more energy when I'm working out but starting so you GET more energy takes dragging through some awful workouts!

Hi team! My roommate's making us dinner, smells really good! Work was okay today, it's been a slow week as a couple of the practitioners are having challenges. Not much else going on, my Dad's working on my trellis Sunday so I offered to have a Memorial BBQ here, my folks, aunts, neighbor, and roommate will be here so I'm getting the house clean and trying to plan it out. I need to answer my own question, have a great night and Thursday!

Question answer:
    1. Less pain
    2. Some garden or farm time involved
    3. Mentally challenging (slow days at work stink I like being busy)
    4. More money so I'm not worried about it all the time
    5. Night ends with reading in bed by myself but can spend time with others during the day
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Here to do an update. I feel so bad to be MIA so much. Not keeping up here, shows in my WI. Support helps so much.

Unfortunately, I have been so busy (family), sick, tired and overwhelmed. I’ve had days where I want to give up on my plan, feeling discouraged. But, I keep logging meals, try to get my steps in and WI. My scale has been so up and down. Nothing to blame except lack of prep, commitment and a good mindset. With excuses made, reality is also there. I have to find my stride again.
    I’ll be back to my favorite place in a couple weeks. Im hoping it will help with goals, I tend to walk a lot there (a lot of hills) and diet is better there.

I read back a couple pages to catch up but have a lot more to go. So happy everyone is sharing.

Recent Question

I felt what Megnolia said, I tend to say, surviving too (like her mom). I have always felt thats a huge accomplishment.

I feel that doing great would be, a healthy family, content with my life, have moved, and consistent with my goals. This would hopefully mean I would be spending my time doing things that have more of a happy outcome.

Right now I am drowning in house work 😂😳

Have a beautiful day everyone!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Awww, thank you! She is pretty darned cute. No worries if you don't make the gnocchi but it is good! We do have some nice places to walk. You have been doing really well, this is just a blip on the radar, really hang in there. Would it help you to buy pre-cut up veggies? That way, you just have to throw them in the pan? That's what I do from Sam's Club: I grab a big bag of broccoli or green beans and plop them on a sheet pan and shove them in the oven.

@Katmary71 I did okay yesterday, no sleeping! LOL That's nice of your roommate. How's that going? How fun to have a BBQ at your place.

@reshii_devi I absolutely love this NSV! Congratulations!

@AmbersWay Good to hear from you. I hope the transition to your happy place will help.

Hi all. I did really well yesterday. I did go to the cafe at work and get breakfast but I am allowing myself once a week to do that. I drank a lot of water yesterday, and it felt good. I've had a dry throat for so long and I don't know why, maybe not drinking enough water.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, no snacking, drank 104 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I’m using a room spray made by Scentsy, and I don’t know what it has in it. Hopefully, it is nothing bad! I hope the practitioner didn’t take the books on purpose too. I was also happy that Joe had a great birthday. It really doesn’t take much these days to make him happy. :)

@trooworld We do have dog parks, but Maggie would hate it. We have taken her for walks in a park, and she loved it, but it took forever since she had to smell every square inch. :D

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thanks for your words of wisdom. It will all work out at the church. It’s the immediate issues that need handling all of a sudden that kind of sucks. You can’t quit!! This is a hard time in your life right now. Maybe stop trying to lose weight and just try not to gain. Make the best choices you can. I believe in you! <3

@reshii_devi What a great NSV with the shorts!! Nothing feels better, in my opinion, than when we know we are looking good. Keep it up! :)

@AmbersWay We have all been overwhelmed at times and want to throw in the towel. I’ve been there many, many times in my own life. But we can’t give up! Yes, find your stride, and if that means just doing one little thing right in your day, then celebrate that small win. Life will always try to beat us down. Don’t let it! You got this, and we are here to support you. :)

Hello everyone! Ugh, yesterday was crazy. When trying to balance the church bank statement, I discovered that we had been hacked. Several attacks added up to over $2000. I spent over an hour at the bank getting them all submitted to the fraud department. The worst is that the woman helping me thinks they might insist I close that account and open a new one. Seriously, my worst nightmare is changing accounts! :# Then I came home and spent over two hours on the phone with several people trying to get our church cell phone switched from AT&T over to Spectrum. I finally got it all done, and the great news is that they are giving us a free year of service, and then our bill will only be $29 a month. We have been paying over $80 a month. So yay, but I sure earned my paycheck today. :D I’m home today, and since my wrist is completely healed, praise God, I’m going to start back to weightlifting. I will start slow, and I’m keeping the rebounder for my cardio. My weight is so slow-moving that I need to shake it up. It probably would help if I cleaned up my diet, too. :D Y’all have a great day!

QUESTION: What would be different in your life if you could answer, "I'm doing great!"
    At this time, it would really depend on how my day is going for me to give an answer. Of course, it is always better when Joe is doing well. :) But also, this weight gain of mine consumes so much of my thinking. If I could see steady weight loss and my clothes fitting again, then in the weight department, I could answer, “I’m doing great!.”
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH-IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @AyaTheTyga @Artemis_2024 @Divya385 @askewcr @tfelts147
    Reminder to weigh in tomorrow: @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld @ninyagwa
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    edited May 23
    Options
    @Katmary71 – I miss having strong legs and arms. I need to stop pouting about not being able to do exercises involving my legs and get focused on my arms. Sounds like a nice get together for Memorial Day. I hope the weather cooperates.
    @reshii_devi – Awesome NSV! Woot Woot!
    @AmbersWay – Here’s to finding our strides again! Where’s your favorite place?
    @trooworld – Oh my…what a blip it has been…like a sinking submarine. Funny you should mention pre-cut veggies…I typically buy all my salad fixings and then have to prep my big container. But when I stopped at the store yesterday, I bought the pre-bagged salad and pre-shredded cabbage. Bought whole radishes, tho, because the pre-cut ones were twice the price and half the amount. I do buy frozen veggies so all I have to do is steam them. I need to start making those. I’m so glad to read that you’re drinking more water. Sounds like your throat is happy, too!
    @TeresaW2024 – I’m sure it does suck with everyone scrambling to cover everything at the church. Lots of hugs and prayers of wisdom for everyone involved. Nice job getting the church accounts straightened out and such an awesome phone deal! I would definitely be happy to just maintain right now. Oh – that Wow spray you told me about…tastes like I’ve shoved a handful of mints in my mouth and all I can taste is cool tingling LOLs. So far, so good.

Well, Hunter is having contractions (not regular yet), dilated to 2 and lost her plug. The doctor gave us a time frame of 1 to 10 days (way too big of a window if you ask me). I’m thinking when Little Lady Brayden is ready to make her entrance it will be quick since she’s baby #2. It’s so fun guessing what she’s going to look like – will she have brown eyes or steel grey? Will her hair be brown, black, blonde or bald? Will she look like her brother? All we know right now is that she’s measuring about 7 pounds and is a shortie LOL. Hunter is not quite 5’ 2”, so not too much hope for Brayden hahahaha.

In the meantime, I’m using the Wow drops a LOT to keep my eating under control. Yesterday was the first day in almost 2 weeks that I was under calories. Thank you for all the support, guys! Here’s to day 2!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question!!!!!

Ice cream on a cold winter day, or hot chocolate on a hot summer day?

Ice cream especially if it's snow ice cream made by my wife.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in Day: Thursday
    PW. 252
    CW 252
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @reshii_devi Those are great burns and steps! Nice I'm happy you were rocking those shorts congrats! It's fun picturing you I love that for you!

@AmbersWay Where would you move would you be permanently in Turkey?

@trooworld You've been doing great with the one meal a week at the cafe, I like that you're choosing scrambles vs totally splurging, seems like the bit of permission goes a long way toward not feeling rebellious and eating bad. Could it be allergies? Mine are worse right now, better than usual for this time of year but still worse than the previous weeks.

@TeresaW2024 Oh no I hope you won't have to change accounts, that's awful! Wow huge difference in the phone bill, that's great news. I'm so happy you're able to go back to weight lifting, enjoy it!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! How long will you be unable to do leg exercises? Will you be going to PT? Wow I can't believe it's already time for the baby to come! Prayers to her and all of you!

@19shmoo69 Hot and hot for the question mainly because if I get cold in winter my nerves contract and I'm freezing for a few hours until my body can warm up. Sucks enough not even ice cream is worth it.

Hi team! My feed on here has gone bonkers with upset people as MFP is getting rid of the newsfeed on here in June. I'm really sad about that I have this whole group of friends from the last 5 years and am sad they're taking away one of the best things about this site. Honestly my feed and this group are the main reason I'm here, I like other logging apps more than this one for my food and exercise. My nephew's concert was tonight, he did really well. I have most the house clean so I'm a bit more relaxed. My roommate is working tomorrow but he's barely working at his new job and is late on rent, it's pretty frustrating. I've given him ideas of things to do and he IS trying but he had the nerve to ask me if he could borrow some money until tomorrow when he owes me $250 and I'm feeding him. In other words it's not an emergency as it's not for food or shelter. I lost a lot of respect for him with that and am wishing I listened to friends. Have a great Friday team, go be awesome
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: I'm definitely all for ice cream on a cold winter's day. I love the extra cold when I'm all bundled up under covers.

This week has been busy with my kids end of year activities.
    On Tuesday I saw my GI about my esophageal spasms, nausea and abdomen pain. He thought it could be diet related/ I'm not having enough BMs and my digestive system is slow. So I'm going to be work on diet changes and increasing walking plus taking MiraLAX along with the meds I already take. I see him again in a month.
    Been doing good with my diet last four days and no intense pain or spasms (Yay).
    My PT has been going well and very slowing I'm getting stronger and starting to use my back muscles correctly instead of making my shoulders do all the work.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 177.4
    CW: 177

Ice cream. The answer is always ice cream

My hip is feeling better. Will start adding back some exercise now.

Lisa
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Username: tfelts147
    Weighin: Thursday
    PW: 232.2
    CW: 235.2

Not so good this week.... I'll get it back under control!!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay i feel you on the drowning in housework and the sometimes (barely) surviving :( I’m actually switching to 80% work starting in September and a friend asked « ooh! What are you going to be taking on with your day off » and I’m like « laundry ». I’m literally taking a 20% pay cut so I can wash the clothes and maybe cook my family a decent meal once a week.

Sigh :( I only hope there is a point in life where we get past survival mode and end up with a moment to breathe. Hang in there, you’re doing amazing!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I started using a fasting app. I turn it on after dinner then when the evening urge to eat comes along I look at it and decide I don’t want to blow my 3 hour streak. It’s only been a few days but it seems to have helped. I’ll take every good day I can get.

Thank goodness it was a short week this week because I don’t have another work day in me. After today of course. Time to get at it! Have a good one today, everyone!
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 246.4
    CW: 247.8

+1.4 lbs
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Yeah dog parks can be overwhelming for pups, I think. Violet has to smell every thing too lol. Oh no! That sucks that someone would hack the church. What a frustrating day you had! I'm so glad your wrist is better and I know you are, too.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ugh I know what you mean, really I do. I'm glad you got some precut veggies, I hope it helps. Yes, I've been doing awesome with water! Ask me tomorrow how I do today: I usually suck when I work from home and the weekends. :( You guys must be excited for baby Brayden's upcoming arrival. LOL I think being short is cute. I am 5'5" so in between. How tall are you? What are the Wow drops? I must have missed that. Good job!

Ice breaker question: Ice cream on a cold winter day, or hot chocolate on a hot summer day?
    Ice cream for sure! I think it's even a thing around here that people go for ice cream on a cold day (not that it gets that cold lol).

@Katmary71 Well, I never really splurged at the cafe, just made a less healthy choice. But yes, doing better with that! Maybe it is allergies but it's been going on a long time. At first, I thought it was dry mouth and to some extent, I think I do have dry mouth (I got some Biotin mouthwash for that). I saw that the feed is going away. I don't really use it but I can understand why people would be upset. I don't know why they are doing that. Yay for a good concert! OH gosh, about the roommate. I'm sorry.

Hi all. Frustrated I had another gain. I'm 2 oz away from my highest weight. Not the metrics I want. I was under in cals half the week, the other half, I was over each day by about 200-300 cals. I'm glad I'm tracking honestly now, I have been for about a month. Tonight, I'll get some exercise in: we are going to the nighttime zoo. It should be fun.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, no snacking outside of what I planned, drank 64 oz of water.

This discussion has been closed.