Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I just asked Kat to move me to Team Support. I think it's best if I don't weigh in for a while since I just keep gaining and gaining. I will still be around here every day per usual. I just won't weigh in. Thanks.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, no snacking outside of what I planned, drank 64 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,236 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question!!!!!

Ice cream on a cold winter day, or hot chocolate on a hot summer day?

Either one is fine with me!
  • micaroo4
    Options
    So we are losing the news feed. I came to MFP when SparkPeople shut down. I checked out a lot of sites, and chose MFP for the Community. I liked the "My Blog" feature and they got rid of that. I like the "Newsfeed" and they're getting rid of that. I don't like it when they take features away and don't add anything new to replace it. 😒

I suppose there are better sites for logging food, but I've got used MFP. It's absolutely terrible for logging exercise. I mostly use my Garmin to log walking, cycling, and elliptical workouts. I log my strength training workouts in a book.

I'll stay on MFP for the Community, since that's why I chose it in the first place.

-Mica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,711 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I think we need to make our own perfect site! I used Cronometer for awhile and liked the logging there more but since I'll still be here for this group I'll probably stay with MFP.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited May 24
    Options
    @Katmary71 – My surgeon told me it’s going to take up to a year from the surgery for it to behave. Right now, he said it’s my scar tissue that’s hurting. The only way for me to break it up is to do PT exercises that he gave me. I don’t have to go to therapy, but I have to do stretching exercises twice a day. I’m not supposed to step backwards unless I’m wearing the brace. So that prevents me from doing the kinds of strengthening I want to do. That really sucks about the roommate. I was hoping he’d work out for you as a good handyman. I hope you didn’t loan him any more money.
    @865jessica – Maybe up your fiber intake? Would be tastier than Miralax. Sorry you’re dealing with all this. Good job on the PT!
    @megnolia82 – Good job on the fasting! I feel ya about being done with work this week. And I even took this past Tuesday as a vacation day. Looking forward to the long weekend.
    @trooworld – The precut veggies are helping a little (see my update). How are you doing on your water so far today? I am 5’4”. Not too tall, not too short. But sucks when I buy pants because they are always too long and if I try getting petite length, then I’m feeling like Michael Jackson with my socks showing LOL. Hugs on your frustration with the weight. Thank you for not leaving our group. I would be devastated! The Wow drops are highly concentrated peppermint drops that @TeresaW2024 told me about a few days ago. Here’s the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085YG6C4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I thought the email from MFP was that they were moving the newsfeed to a different area on the app so you have to click a few things to get to it? Now I need to go back and re-read it.

Last night I was doing pretty good. Figured I'd end my evening with a delicious salad. Then around 11pm I see Hunter’s bag of candy. Like a LOT of candy. And I pilfered some. Ugh. When will I have the ability to just turn a blind eye?

Ice cream on a cold winter day, or hot chocolate on a hot summer day?
    Hot chocolate is strictly for winter months, just like warm cider is for the fall. But ice cream? Now that is perfect any day of the year!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited May 24
    Options
    So here's the email I got:

Over the coming weeks, the Newsfeed feature in the MyFitnessPal app navigation bar will be going away.

But don't worry! You'll still have easy access to the things you loved about the Newsfeed over in the More menu.

Doesn't that mean we will still have the newsfeed, but have to just go through the "more" menu to get to it? It just won't be through the navigation bar on the app. Doesn't say anything about the website...
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    It has been a busy week! My grandkids were off school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so I was very busy with them. Then yesterday I spent the day with my mom, shopping for new clothes and shoes, in which we were very successful:). Today just playing catch up. I have not been good at tracking:/
    Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 269
    CW: 269
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH-IN INFO
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW
    : @ninyagwa @Divya364 @Artemis_2024 @AyaTheTyga
    Tomorrow reminder for the following: @865jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @tammymccrady6278
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Cornanda Great news on your hip feeling better!

@tfelts147 You got this!

@megnolia82 That sounds like a good app I'm glad it's motivating you!

@trooworld Nighttime zoo sounds awesome have a great time! Hugs I think team support is a good plan for you for now, you got this.

@micaroo4 I'm glad you'll be sticking around, I will be too.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ouch that sounds awesome and it's not like you have time to do exercises with babies everywhere. I hope you're able to break up the scar tissue. LOL I'm the same height and have a short lower body so petite fits me but same issue with socks. Wow drops look interesting! Funny thanks to @trooworld and @TeresaW2024 I'm loving Swedish dishcloths, haven't taken the long-handled scrubber plunge yet but tempted and now Wow drops!

@laurelfit57 You sound quite busy I bet the grandkid time was a blast!

According to what people are posting on my feed (there's links to the forums where everyone's leaving comments) going to MORE will give you the chance to interact with one person at a time. There's the option of going to forum groups like ours which many are doing. I'll still be here, a lot of friends are starting groups to stay in touch but I really liked seeing everything in one place on my feed.

My clinic situation is up-in-the-air, owner is moving to Wyoming and options were put on the table today. I was asked to stick around so I will for now while we figure things out. I got an expensive micro current accessory I've been wanting for quite awhile which is making me excited to use it. Got in some good garden time too. My roommate actually gave me some money so at least that's a step in the right direction, we'll see how it goes. Have a great Saturday!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    First off, losing the feed has me distraught! 😩 It’s the quickest way to check on friends. Not everyone is in the group. If they MFP doesn’t have a better replacement for removing this, they’re doing a disservice to the app.

@19shmoo69 your question 🙋🏻‍♀️

I would and partake in both 😂

I will turn the air conditioning low, turn on the fireplace (without heat) and have hot chocolate in the middle of summer. I love cold weather!

I will eat icecream in the middle of winter because…why not 😁

@Katmary71 I shouldn’t say permanently in Istanbul, the home, community, understanding how to navigate life is there, but something I realized after hubby’s accident, at any moment, we may want to be closer to our families and will find our way to another path. But definitely want to settle and make it the main base. My mom is starting to slow down, that may lead me back to the midwest. Only to pack her up and leave the flat farm lands. I need mountains, hills, and green.

Sorry about the roommate issues. My mom went through that helping a family member and it was hard. I hope it gets cleared up.

@TeresaW2024 So sorry about the fraud charges at your church. Who does something so horrible! Glad you’re on track to straightening it all out.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I’m catching up and came across contractions. How exciting! Another grandbaby is so sweet. My favorite place at the moment is Istanbul.

@megnolia82 I’ll pray for us both. The older I get the more frustrated I am about how much housework there is. Laundry is a beast. I told my friends that when I pass, my headstone should say, “She died, unhappily folding laundry” 😂

@trooworld I wanted to ask how kik is going? I wanted to join. If you see a weird name, it’s me. It’s whatever I used when I was gaming with my son. 😁 My weight has been up too and I noticed even though logging and being within calories mostly, the days my foods are from restaurants or high in salt I am up easily. That may play a part for you too.

I hope I caught up some. So much going on in here. 🥰

Well the weekend has started and its been quiet from the kids, everyone is studying. Im just doing a turtles pace of spring cleaning.

Kids are doing well. My youngest who desires to follow her brother into Medicine has had a good year with her goals. She completed level 2 of Harvards future doctors program for students around the world. She had her first patient the other day. A classmate was dizzy and about to pass out. She got alcohol out for her to inhale and a packet of honey for low sugar. It happened another time this year and this time she was ready. Im so proud of her.

The elder two are doing great. Studying non stop. Their exams finish in a week+. I can’t wait!

That’s about it here. Sorry if I missed anyone. I’ll try to keep up better.

• micaroo4
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 128.0
    CW: 128.7

My center weight is 130; my maintenance range is 127-133. I'm within my range and trying to gain back to my center weight. Slowly getting back to 130; slow is good. It gets tricky in the summer because I'm so much more active.

-Mica
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 186.3
    CW 186

I am really surprised at this little loss cuz I have not been behaving at all this week. I have been munching all the time. Not tracking my food and just plain ole reverting back to old habits. With work being new and very different than what I had been doing. Private care vs long term care I have had a huge adjustment and with it some stress over it. I am settling in well I think but I have put so much energy into doing it that I have lost my groove in my weight journey. I haven’t even been on here except to weigh in.
    I think this coming week I need to try to get a balance back into my life. I have come so far in this past year and I don’t want to go back. Only forward. Just need to dig my heels back in. Maybe go back into my goals and switch things up. I don’t know. I do know I have reached my one weight goal of 190 and surpassed it. Maybe that’s a reason unconsciously I have been slipping. My step goal needs to change too cuz I had it at 6000 and with this new job I’m doing over 15000 a day. My water is good and I only now drink one Diet Coke a day as well. Not sure if I can let go completely on that one lol. Love the pop hahaha. With all the steps I’m doing now I have no energy to do actual exercise though and I should be doing some I think.
    On a positive note all my flower beds are now done! I do love my gardens. Well I had better get to it. I’m 7 to 3 all weekend so I have to go get ready. Hope you all have a good long weekend in the US and here in Canada enjoy the sun!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 215.3
    Today’s Weight: 214.5
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

@vegan4lyfe2012 I can’t wait to see sweet Brayden’s picture! I’m glad that the WOW drops are helping. I need to order some more for myself and get back into the habit when I’m puzzling and wanting to snack. That snacking is what gets us, huh? :)

@Katmary71 Oh, I’m sorry you are losing the feed. Maybe if there is enough of an outcry they will keep it. I never got into the feed because I just use my direct link to this group and never see it. Ugh, on your roommate issue! That is so frustrating. Lay down the law and don’t let him get away with taking advantage of you. What is wrong with people?

@865jessica, I’m sorry you are having health issues. To help with your gut, maybe try adding more fiber and some fermented foods that are rich in prebiotics. And drink lots of water!

@Cornanda I am glad your hip is doing better. <3

@megnolia82 I just dusted off my fasting app last night to help me too! There is something about not blowing the time we have put in to not eating. Good luck! :)

@trooworld, I feel your frustration with the scale! I spent a good part of yesterday really thinking about what I’m doing and not doing to lose this weight. More about that below. ;) A nighttime zoo trip sounds super fun!

Good morning! So yesterday, I did a lot of thinking about what I’m doing with my diet and how can I lose this weight again and keep it off! Looking in my closet at all the clothes I used to wear and now nothing fits is so depressing. I really have no excuses other than my own lack of commitment to doing what it takes. But it is also important to know myself and what I will and won’t do. I won’t count calories because I HATE doing that. I can’t stick to Keto because carbs are super yummy and not something I want to cut out of my life. So, what did work for me? Fasting worked. When I fasted 19 to 20 hours a day and kept my eating to most low carb and in a calorie deficit, I dropped weight. So, my fasting app is on and I’m getting back to it! I will keep my diet mostly low carb and high protein, but if I want ice cream or a bun with my burger, then I will have it! Fingers crossed and determination set. Let’s do this!! :)

Thursday Ice Breaker Question!!!!! Ice cream on a cold winter day, or hot chocolate on a hot summer day?
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I did better than usual for a Friday: 32 oz. Usually, I get about 12 oz of water. Thanks for asking. LOL you are just one inch shorter than me. Thank you. I just felt so guilty for dragging the team down, I don't want to do that anymore. Interesting, I'll have to look to see if they have other flavors (I have bad memories of peppermint schnapps and can't have anything peppermint since my teenage years lol). Just looked and I can't find any other flavor. Bummer! It's really hard to resist things when it's in the house. Don't beat yourself up. I think that you are right about the newsfeed, I think they are just moving it. Not that I use it lol...I am too busy, unfortunately.

@laurelfit57 Thanks for checking in with us. Sounds like you've been busy indeed! I'm glad the shopping trip was successful.

@Katmary71 We didn't end up going to the zoo lol. My husband felt lazy. Yeah those Swedish dishcloths are awesome, they last so much longer than sponges! They don't get smelly. That's too bad about the clinic. That's good you got an accessory, I hope you got a discount. Good that your roommate gave you some money. Have a great day!

@AmbersWay Ooh thanks for the heads up. I haven't been checking it, as I haven't had the time. But I think a few other people are on it. That's a good insight about eating out. I don't really eat out too much, maybe once a week at the most. I'm not sure what is going on with me: it could be hormones as I am post-menopausal now. I can't seem to do anything right. :( I don't know if you remember, but I am in the process of qualifying for weight loss surgery. I am hoping that gives me a fresh start with a better chance at being healthy. Wow, your daughter is amazing! I'm sure all your kids are, though.

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss, even if it is unexpected! Do you like the new job? It's different, but do you like it?

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I wanted to state that my move to support is only temporary (I hope). I just felt really guilty for continuing to gain and hold the team back. I am still tracking and trying to lose weight. I will still weigh myself once a week. I just won't report it. I am still trying to qualify for weight loss surgery. I expect insurance to pay for it, it's just going through the hoops. I know it's not right for everyone, but I feel like it will give me the best chance at achieving a healthy weight and healthy life. Today, we are going to a musical and then for dinner with my sister-in-law. It should be fun.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, drank 32 oz of water which is more water than normal on Fridays.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 210
    CW: 209
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day- Saturday
    PW-256.8
    CW-256.2
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    The May Week 5 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, May 26th. Please join us for some work in Overcoming Obstacles. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10916227/may-week-5-group-challenge-overcoming-obstacles/p1?new=1

Look forward to the discussion and seeing each of you in our chat thread this week.
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.