Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,164 Member
    Options
    Steppers:

FYI, I'll be doing a virtual 5k this next weekend, likely on Saturday unless something in my schedule changes, so if anyone would like to join me, just let me know your planned start time and report in afterward, sharing your time for the 3.1 miles. Would love the company @izzyred9400 @Pupowl @frankwbrown @DaffyGirl88, if any of you are interested! Anyone is welcome to join me...just copying in a few who have done so in the past and who seem to love walking...

@jessicakrall8 Count me in! What do I need to do? Also pulling in @Krysless2 :)

"just let me know your planned start time and report in afterward, sharing your time for the 3.1 miles" I'm hoping to get up and start early 7am ET.

Looking forward to it!
    Jessica
  • gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    🙂 Hey there!

I'll be doing some grocery shopping today. I want to get some coconut water. Anyone else drink coconut water?

🥥 🌴 🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥

I love coconut water because it is a healthier option for hydration vs Gatorade.

Aids in hydration
    While comparable to sports drinks, which can be loaded with added sugars and flavorings, coconut water is low in calories and carbs. Those electrolytes of potassium, sodium and magnesium play a major role in coconut water’s appeal. “Because of the electrolytes some studies indicate that it can help with hydration specifically related to exercise,” says Smith.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/the-health-benefits-of-coconut-water

Hi, great post didn't realise benefits and that it is used for hydration, I am trying coconut water mixed with banana in the morning which is to help me reduce my blood pressure and getting pottasium up that way. Got the idea from Dr Joe on YouTube. Hopefully I like it as I have 2 litres in the fridge.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    @Cyncia85 -- I drink coconut water for electrolytes sometimes. Back when I was going to the gym the healthfood store was next door and I would buy a bottle for after a workout. I haven't had any in awhile, I might have to pick some up again :D I've been on a green drink powder with L-Threonine Magnesium added, has made me sleep like a baby lately!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,647 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Sunday steps
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    eke9o99q0hoy.jpg
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited May 6
    Options
    Steppers:

FYI, I'll be doing a virtual 5k this next weekend, likely on Saturday unless something in my schedule changes, so if anyone would like to join me, just let me know your planned start time and report in afterward, sharing your time for the 3.1 miles. Would love the company @izzyred9400 @Pupowl @frankwbrown @DaffyGirl88, if any of you are interested! Anyone is welcome to join me...just copying in a few who have done so in the past and who seem to love walking...

I’m reeeeady! Put me in coach! I’ll start whenever y’all start. I always need a push and my slip on sneakers are always ready to GO!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day
    PW:129
    CW:127

Steps:
    May 4= 5186
    May 5= 3619
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @JenHul Missing your steps for the 3rd.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,341 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Steppers:

I’m reeeeady! Put me in coach! I’ll start whenever y’all start. I always need a push and my slip on sneakers are always ready to GO!
    I had planned to do the 5k run this past weekend, but just wasn't up to it. But I'll definitely join you all for the 5k walk this Saturday!

That sentence above always reminds me of this song - it's on one of my exercise song lists:
    Put me in coach,
    I'm ready to play today..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq3hEMUeBGQ
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of breathing issues because of allergies. I had to get out today on my bike, I've missed cycling the trails! and I'm going to be traveling so biked up to the Veteran cemetery to talk to Dad and get his blessing. I think his ghost was too busy watching two workers attempt to power wash a fence by facing each other and then blasting one another with water -- lol. Dad would have loved that, he would have laughed himself out of chair.

The pollen this year is unreal and I'll be wheezing today later but sometimes you just take it on the chin. I have a HEPA filter system in my bedroom and will be inside the rest of the day. I have Nasonex, an inhaler and benedryl. Here are some photos of the pollen!
    u5hj1q4wqnw3.png
    075yvp7ztyvc.png
    9gzcs10t958c.png

I don't know if you can see the pollen floating or not but it's a lot...I guess it doesn't have to be too much though if a person is really allergic.

• DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 I agree, the pollen this year is horrible! I can see it in the air sometimes, sort of a haze. But after a rain when the puddles are just yellow glop it's really noticeable!! Horrible for people with asthma and/or allergies, and I have both. :(
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.
    Fred DeVito - Author-Fitness Expert

• Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 and @gharvey2753
    Thanks for sharing about your coconut water ways :smile: and the magnesium!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    My steps
    5/4 14,005
    5/5 17,784
    @Itadakimasu7 Wow that's alot of pollen ! My sons have asthma & allergies so I know how you feel.How nice to have a chat with your Dad & share some memories of him.I lost my Dad aged 20 I still miss him.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,164 Member
    Options
    In my rush this morning, didn't have time to make lunch, so had a nice breakfast and ordered lunch from a different place than my usual Chinese and it was GROSS! My stomach has been a mess all day every since...UGH!

Hope y'all had a nice day...came home and my late arriving meds finally got here...so took a dose and then will have to take my dose tomorrow a little later until I get back to my usual 7 am doses again. Crazy...I'm not good off-schedule...

OK, gotta go walk now...have a good Tuesday!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a nice walk in the morning, though my head hurt quite a bit. I finally got some good pictures of a long-tailed tit. I don't see them very often and when I do, they are too far away, up very high and incredibily hyper and fast. This time I came across a pair and they were hopping around the bushes pretty close to me. So that was really cool. It was quite a good day for birds and I saw a lot. I got groceries when I got back, had a shower, did some weeding and cleaning. Tinus wanted to walk outside of the garden. We went to a bit with long grass and he ended up with 4 ticks on him. I saw two crawling on his face when he was napping, then found another on his tail, and then a 4th one on his face. Very yucky! Tinus gets preventative treatment every 12 weeks, so ticks don't usually bite him. It is very hard for them too because of all of his hair, but I am still glad I saw them all before they got stuck somewhere. I was very tired so the rest of the day was pretty quiet. Happy Tuesday everyone <3
    0t984afz8smu.jpg
    um3wpou7bkeh.jpg
    3b09ruo7gd7z.jpg
    i8zxs0leb4aa.jpg
    jgsjitgqx5oy.jpg
    g7bfs4okvj3c.jpg
    mbtljwsegahj.jpg
    inexycwx7yzm.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    Generosity is such a beautiful thing. And while we're good at being generous with others, many of us are not good at practicing generosity toward ourselves. So give yourself a small gift today-it could be the gift of silence or the gift of doing nothing. It could be the gift of time in nature. Or the joy of being absorbed in a game or a story. Or the pleasure of eating a cookie. Practicing generosity toward yourself is time well spent.

es0a8r3u4n6v.jpg
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Good morning and happy rainy Tuesday everyone.

Steps for Monday
This discussion has been closed.