Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,109 Member
zimchnwqsgq1.png
Here is your Team chat room for May 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and open
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86 and soon to be @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The May challenge runs for five weeks, from April 28 - June 1.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get May underway!

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited April 27
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters! I hope you are all doing well.
    I am one of the captains of the team together with Jessica. We take care of all the data such as your weigh ins and the steps. If you have any questions, let us know! I joined this team in August 2021 and I have found it a very valuable tool on my weight loss journey.
    There are a lot of things being offered here; there is the step challenge, the habit tracker, the weekly challenges, your personal weigh in and of course the Shape Shifter group chat itself. The more you engage with the group, the more you will get out of it.
    Don't hesistate to reach out when you are having a hard time, chances are you aren't the only one and everyone here is kind and supportive. I often see people feel bad about posting a gain, please don't! We are all aware that weight loss isn't linear. Sometimes the scale just does what it wants, even when you do everything right. So post it, shrug it off and keep going. As long as you put in the work, the results will come, promise. Remember that one day of overeating does not erase any progress! <3
    I wish everyone a great May with lots of victories, big and small!
    1krol1woxozw.png
  • Pupowl
    Options
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,108 Member
    Options
    hw101wpactcz.jpg
    FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or Pupowl) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if no explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple! Please be aware though, you're making a commitment to post your steps every 2-3 days, which helps the Captains keep the stats caught up. If you're not willing to do this, please do not sign up. (THANKS!!)

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited April 27
    Options
    Hi Shape Shifters; I'm an empty nester, married 33 years; both me and my husband work remote from home; my son and daughter-in-law moved 4 houses down the street from us and are expecting their first baby - a girl; my youngest son loves in Atlanta,
    GA with his fiancee - they are getting married in September destination wedding in CO - to be married on a mountain
    My husband is Type 1 diabetic from his Stage 1 pancreatic cancer as they removed 2/3 of his pancreas 2 years ago in April. He is currently in remission from pancreatic cancer but has residual effects from chemo - neuropathy in both feet plus other nerve damage issues from herniated disk 11yrs ago
    I'm also dealing with my older parents who need more care my mom needs 24/7 care so all the $ they received from selling their home last year will be eaten up & spent for their care at a new facility- so basically will have nothing left - it's very depressing and unbelievable
    Thx for reading
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The May Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Apr 28th. Please join us for Challenge Bingo and challenge yourself in many different ways this week (nutrition, fitness, self-care, water intake, etc.) Hope to see you in the chat thread!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10914437/may-week-1-group-challenge-challenge-bingo#latest

Jessica
  • Pupowl
    edited April 28
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters. Time for another intro!
    My name is Laura, I am 36 and I live with my cat Tinus in a small village in the Netherlands. I got really lucky with the house I rent and I live very close to a national park with a second one 30 minutes biking away. I enjoy walking, taking photographs of nature (birds are my favorite), reading fantasy books, drinking obscene amounts of tea, singing, video games and jigsaw puzzles. I am a pretty visual person and I like sharing pictures in the group.
    I struggle with some health problems that make weight loss and life in general a little challenging, but I try my best! April was not a very good month and I ended up ending it a little heavier than I started it. The good news is that most of that weight is gone again and I plan to make May awesome. I have enjoyed using a paper journal, but starting May 1st I will be switching to a paper habit tracker. I like having one month in one spot and it is a lot less work to check things off. I will share a picture under the spoiler if you are curious.
    I have decided I will be seriously attempting to eat plant based foods only. My food already was like that for 90% of the time. Cheese is like heroin to me and I don't like eating it because of ethical reasons. I am sure it will also feel a lot better mentally when I am actually living in alignment with my values and beliefs. My main goals for May will be to make it out of the 190's and if it all goes well, maybe plan my horse riding adventure!
    Good luck with this month everyone <3
    Oct 2020 ~ 247 lbs -- Highest weight, started seriously to work on losing weight
    Aug 2021 ~ 214.0 -- Joined this group!
    Jan 2022 ~ 195.3 -- Lowest weight I got to, it didn't last long and I started gaining here. I started (and quit again) a medication a while before which really messed me up. I can't blame 9 months of over eating on it, but it for sure caused a lot of problems.
    Oct 2022 ~ 244.7 -- Came back to the group from support having to start basically all over again.
    Mar 2023 ~ 212.9 -- Not sure why it went wrong here (Birthday stuff maybe), but started gaining again and I couldn't get it together
    Sep 2023 ~ 238 -- Came back to the group from support again. The gain was less this time, but still not pretty.
    Today ~~ 193.5

0gfi4p49favy.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    I was still feeling a little blah yesterday, but good enough to go for a walk. I didn't go too long though because I had no energy and there wasn't a lot to see. I was just happy to get my nature fix again!
    I spent a while working on a new google sheet for all my money stuff. I would really like to save more and knowledge is power when it comes to that. It's not like I was struggling, but seeing exactly what I spent my money on is very helpful. I think outside of my fixed bills, Tinus is probably the most expensive, but there is nothing I can do about that. I have set a free spending budget for myself though which will hopefully help.
    I did my gym rings in the afternoon and later in the day finished clearing out all the dead mustard from last year. The patch is all empty now and almost ready for new seeds which will hopefully give me actual flowers this time. I just need to rake it and loosen the soil a bit. I think I will do that tomorrow and then seed on Tuesday since I have workpeople over all day and I can't leave the house anyway. Happy Sunday everyone <3
    oichmpgxpxq3.jpg
    cmpricy6j7s3.jpg
    i9wlsliysq4j.jpg
    kvfkcx4dp4c6.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    One of the wonderful things about going on vacation is the delight that comes with exploring a new place. With so much newness to experience, the mind becomes bright, awake and alive as it takes in all the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes. But you don't need to be on vacation to approach the day like this. You can tap into your vacation mind at any time. Try taking a 20 minute walk around the neighborhood and take in the surroundings like a tourist, looking for remarkable things you haven't paid attention to before-big or small-and meeting them with freshness and interest.

i34rzr9fyavg.jpg
  • jugar
    Options
    Sorry for all the typos, repetition, and misplaced punctuation above 😬. My posts would be shorter if I took more time to craft them. 😂 I often demonstrate how the pursuit of “perfect” can be the enemy of “good.”

I find that Shape Shifter team members are always so supportive as I strive for just “good enough” during these busy times. 🙃 I appreciate your patience and support! 🙏🏼

nerd response here... You can always hit the 3 dots . . . at the top of your post and choose "edit" to fix things up!
  • jugar
    Options
    We have a returning F2F member coming your way! Please welcome @gharvey2753 to your wonderful team. Have a great month!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,242 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 4/26: 22,293
    Sat 4/27: 10,039
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    pz9cu762s77m.jpg

Welcome back @gharvey2753 !! Take a few minutes and re-introduce yourself to the team, as I'm sure things have changed since you were last here. Tell us a little about your goals for May and beyond. In case any rules or processes have changed by to the first of this chat thread and read our FAQ file and if you have any questions, just ask. Good luck to you in May! Can't wait to begin celebrating milestones with you!

Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    mu70cmd98ko2.png
    w3iseu7bg1wq.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    s3udaxemd1r9.png

By Pounds
    mqft1z86l5y7.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    ftqtwtu7v8pc.png

By Pounds
    casyas31ae3x.png
    wc2rtcmzwb3a.png

Team Winners
    nuchln3hu3x9.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    9nztb8zh51ag.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    pjeiqnop5ccn.png
    acx9v9sv0fi4.png
    nyhohr3nvlv8.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    2yw2yfj3bjmj.png

By Pounds
    unfjbnujt03j.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    wue2rjekvhp9.png

By Pounds
    ruyfzor78of0.png

Team Winners
    w1kkj3d9buwr.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    irs9zxmye0n9.png

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    My steps
    4/26 15,338
    4/27 4,686
    @jessicakrall8 not a typo I wasn't well yesterday so mostly sat or slept 😒
    Luckily I felt fine this morning.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Steps
    4/26 5,421
    4/27 8,333

Please add me to step challenge
    Steps: 5,000
    Favorite place to walk: around my neighborhood

I've quit my retail job as I got an offer to do insurance billing for my massage therapist business working from home setting my own hours and more $ so steps will be done around the home and neighborhood
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited April 29
    Options
    Congratulations to the Shape Shifter leaders for this week! It’s nice to see the team finishing in second place, too! 🏆

I had a good day today. The weather was nice so I did some work while sitting on the porch, listening to the sounds of all the birds and watching them enjoy the birdbath. My husband and I planted some seedlings we bought from the local high school garden club, and we cleaned out some old things from the shed. Now there’s a bit more space to move around. We trashed some things and plan to recycle and donate other items. Tomorrow, he’s going to the recycle center and I’m heading to the donation center. So, it will be good to get those tasks done.

It felt good to make some progress on the next phase of my website, and I completed homework for a business development class sponsored by our state’s small business development center. My nephew’s lacrosse team is playing in the semi-final game on Thursday so we’re hoping they advance to the championship game. My husband and I are planning to attend. He plays for Providence College in Rhode Island but the game against Georgetown University will be held at Villanova in Philadelphia, which is about a three hour drive from here. We’ll stay overnight and return on Friday. I still need to make a hotel reservation for that trip, as well as a place to stay this summer when we are traveling to attend a friend’s wedding.

Our soccer team played well tonight, and the game was close, but they scored a goal in the last second of the game to beat us 2-1. They’re player scored right as the referee was blowing the whistle! 😓 We consider it a win if nobody gets hurt so we don’t worry much about a loss. 🤬😉 Oh well — Tomorrow is another busy day so I better get some sleep. Let’s have a great week! 🤸🤸‍♀️
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo How exciting about your job! Sounds great to have more agency and money. I hope it goes well.