Living The Lifestyle - Monday 5/13/24

Options
crewahl
crewahl Posts: 4,000 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Company

How often do you have guests stay with you? What does that do to your weight management efforts?

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,357 Member
    Options
    I live by myself, and the times that I do socialize (staying there, or they come and stay here) all bets are off, and I do everything while in 'socializing mode.'
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,310 Member
    Options
    I don't socialize beyond family very often. However, when I do - both with family and friends or for business - I try to be intelligent about it. Sometimes it does get away from me; but I usually am pretty good with it.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    We occasionally have folks stay by us. In the Jewish community, we sometimes have friends of friends stay over who need a place near the synagogue, so we accommodate. In those cases, we only sometimes provide meals, and so those occasions don't really change our food plans.

Thanksgiving is one time where some of our family will stay by us, but I manage to keep the few days in-check, although I've always viewed the Thanksgiving meal as a free-for-all.

Other than that, we often have guests for Shabbat dinner or lunch, or we go to friends' houses for those meals. I have been better about eating in a more careful manner in the past few years. If I'm not careful, it would be easy to go overboard from the extravagant and plentiful food.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Several weeks per year. It leads to a lot of eating out. Which isn’t really so bad as eating out here in FL generally means eating fish. And the restaurants have all figured out that grilled fish goes well on a Caesar salad. Can I get the dressing on the side please?
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,145 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Several weeks per year. It leads to a lot of eating out. Which isn’t really so bad as eating out here in FL generally means eating fish. And the restaurants have all figured out that grilled fish goes well on a Caesar salad. Can I get the dressing on the side please?

My fave at the 99 restaurant was on the old menu as the "Atkins" meal: Steak tips on salad. Can still get it, bu, usually, they won't swap the salad for the french fries, so I pay extra for the salad.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    No guests staying with us since the pandemic interrupted our lives. We eat out only occasionally.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,031 Member
    Options
    Not any guest stay with us. I only have one younger brother alive and he's in another state. We don't socialize at our house hardly at all beefcake DW works from home and so do I. By the end of the day we're both whooped.