Article: Best and Worst Cheddar Cheeses From a Health Perspective

Options

Replies

• Brian_19
    Brian_19 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited May 23
    Options
    If you don't see me here for a bit it's because I'm out trying to find Kerrygold aged cheddar. I'm laughing my a** off because it's self-described as "the Holy Grail of Cheddar Cheese!"

How did I not know this was a thing?

13lvy8hpx73b.jpg

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,121 Member
    Options
    Ayup! Cabot makes good cheese.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,298 Member
    Options
    I never really considered Velveeta to be cheese.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,996 Member
    Options
    As bad as it is velveeta is a comfort food that takes me back to happy childhood memories!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I like good cheese; in fact, I’m driving an hour to my old home town to buy cheese at the local (Hudson MA) cheese shop. I’m a big fan of Ford Farm Aged Mature English Coastal Cheddar, as well as of most Gouda’s aged two years or more.

And if you’re in Burlington VT area, Cabot had a “factory store” where you can sample.

But I have to add that good (full fat) cheese is an occasional snack, and I’m still making that choice based on flavor and texture.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,298 Member
    Options
    cakeman21k wrote: »
    As bad as it is velveeta is a comfort food that takes me back to happy childhood memories!

I totally get that. My wife and I were discussing this very thing after she read the article. It also tastes good. But, I try to avoid it.

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,121 Member
    Options
    Luckily, for me, my dad hated the processed cheeses, so we always had good cheese.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    misterhub wrote: »
    I never really considered Velveeta to be cheese.

Velveeta is a failed science experiment.