What does everybody think of making discussion categories?

Options
DVDBEASTMODE
DVDBEASTMODE Posts: 149 Member
We can make several categories to keep this organized chaos. Like Fitness, goals, fun, workout posts, etc etc and then we will have a misc discussion than can be anything and everything. I want everyone to interact but if we have too many misc discussions it will get lost and not be useful hard to find and or fun. Thoughts?

Replies

• MindfulMisfitt
    MindfulMisfitt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great idea. It's definitely going to be a challenge keeping this organized. I'm trying to think about categories that will get used most. People like to share "burned 6456 calories doing ....." we could keep that going. Workout photos. Food photos. And so on....
  • ReConStructWithSolidFoundation
    Options
    Sounds good to me 👍🏾
  • DVDBEASTMODE
    Options
    I think that's a great idea. It's definitely going to be a challenge keeping this organized. I'm trying to think about categories that will get used most. People like to share "burned 6456 calories doing ....." we could keep that going. Workout photos. Food photos. And so on....
    I was thinking the same thing. The accountability photos you do are great and then we could do burned calories and food photos love love love it ❤️
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Good idea!
  • JamieS74
    JamieS74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great idea! You could have monthly discussions for exercise posts, basic discussions or what ever else comes to mind. Maybe a monthly challenge, recipe ideas?
  • mlujan8
    mlujan8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea. Someone mentioned recipes, and I think that would be super helpful. We could link to ones we like or just share the info in the post itself. The accountability category would be helpful, too.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I agree! I am hopeful that MFP rethinks this and puts the newsfeed back. This will suffice for now, I suupose.
  • KimSpin40
    KimSpin40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like this idea! It's the start of something new, so I say we see how it goes and adjust as needed. It's a good start to 👀 what works. 😃
  • DVDBEASTMODE
    Options
    KimSpin40 wrote: »
    I like this idea! It's the start of something new, so I say we see how it goes and adjust as needed. It's a good start to 👀 what works. 😃

I have made a calories burned one logged in for blank days straight one and an accountability photo one. We are thinking food pics and recipes as well
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Nice idea to get us organized. Thanks for doing this!
  • DVDBEASTMODE
    Options
    I have started some discussions. Need more ideas come on fit family... LETS DO THE DAMN THING !!
  • 1AncientSage
    1AncientSage Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Excellant idea
  • britneyd109
    britneyd109 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea!
  • mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    We didn’t have categories on the newsfeed and it worked just fine. I’m thinking that if we make too many categories, it will get confusing and take longer to post. We often cover 1-3 topics in a single post, so now will we have to divide it up into 1-3 different topic groups???
  • DVDBEASTMODE
    Options
    mlboyer100 wrote: »
    We didn’t have categories on the newsfeed and it worked just fine. I’m thinking that if we make too many categories, it will get confusing and take longer to post. We often cover 1-3 topics in a single post, so now will we have to divide it up into 1-3 different topic groups???

Agreed just that this does not roll like the newsfeed. Otherwise we would just have one discussion and everybody could post whatever they want on it. Which is something we can totally do as well.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    if we roll with categories, should we have an "casual chat" or "off topic" category? there's something i would have posted on my newsfeed that is neither fitness nor diet related in any way...

since each discussion has its own thread, i don't know that categories are necessary, but on the other hand, they could have a function.