News feed is going away

Options
Trishcolli
Trishcolli Posts: 145 Member
This seems to be more private than other one but I shall leave it up to what is easier for everyone

Replies

• eturtlet
    eturtlet Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I found this on. I'm haven't found the chit chat one.
  • Gabizcc
    Gabizcc Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I’m here!! 🌸🏡✨
  • Gabizcc
    Gabizcc Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The information I got from support was very confusing. They said newsfeed is going away on mobile app and options will be under More - bottom right of the app. I suppose we will have to wait and see what happens but at least we have a group here to keep our MFP fam together
  • kcstar73
    kcstar73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Gabi - on the mobile app if you go to More > Community (instead of Newsfeed, which will soon be gone) > tap your avatar at the top right of the MyFitnessPal *Community* page > tap the bell, then new posts should appear for any Groups we belong to. Yes--more steps, not easier! Wish there would be a way to reply specifically to the person we want to read our post (as I'm trying with you) but I'm not seeing that as being possible.
  • kcstar73
    Options
    I'm here, too. Hope to see everyone landing here soon!
  • kcstar73
    edited May 30
    Options
    Also, I think we might be able to share the link to this page on some of our friends' profile pages who might need help finding us and/or to be invited.
  • fatsue56
    fatsue56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cindy & Trish!
    I would hate to lose you all.
  • pauline050
    pauline050 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thanks Trish and Cindy.
  • pforde2017
    pforde2017 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, too. I remember Trish setting it up when CC closed down.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is going to be so confusing, multiple groups, multiple threads, no one place to go to read them all. But at least we do have a place where we can at least say "hi"! If we don't migrate to a better app, that is. 😉
  • kcstar73
    Options
    @poisonesse - I plan to follow and comment most often on this page--this one Trish has indicated might be more private than the one started under the Chit-Chat section. In time, maybe more posts will appear here, and others will gradually follow. It's more involved than before but getting used to it might not take too long.
  • momopeach32
    momopeach32 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    @Trishcolli - thanks for setting this up. Guess I'm going to have to start using this on the desktop version. It does NOT work well on mobile, I gave up!
  • momopeach32
    Options
    kcstar73 wrote: »
    Gabi - on the mobile app if you go to More > Community (instead of Newsfeed, which will soon be gone) > tap your avatar at the top right of the MyFitnessPal *Community* page > tap the bell, then new posts should appear for any Groups we belong to. Yes--more steps, not easier! Wish there would be a way to reply specifically to the person we want to read our post (as I'm trying with you) but I'm not seeing that as being possible.

@Gabizcc @kcstar73

There is a way!! You can use the "@" symbol and type the person's name to tag them in a comment which should (in theory) send a notification to that user. You have to make sure to type the full username in correctly, including punctuation, numbers, or any underscores (_) so it works. MFP is using an older message board style that relies on the user having a little bit more savvy than modern social media does.

ALSO I highly recommend doing this on the desktop platform rather than mobile. It's so hard to use it in mobile or the app because it was originally designed to be used on a desktop computer. Hope this helps!
  • momopeach32
    Options
    Yep, I remember when @Trish set this up when we first moved over. Not quite sure how to see any posts besides the most recent one. I guess there will be a bit of a learning curve, but at least we can still keep in touch in some way!

@potts_amanda - Don't forget to tag the entire username!! If you only use acronyms it'll tag some random account and won't let folks know you're talking to them :smile:
  • kcstar73
    Options
    @momopeach32 I only figured out earlier today about the @. And now I'll have to break my habit of not tagging someone's full username too! Yes, my laptop works best for me vs mobile. Thanks!
  • momopeach32
    Options
    @kcstar73 Oh I'm so glad you figured it out - it's one of those quirky things we take for granted on other social sites! This platform really is a throwback to early 2000s discussion boards and such, I'm surprised they're pushing all of use to use this instead of the more modern newsfeed feature. Ah well, guess we're stuck with it.

@ everyone else - do we know anyone missing from the group that should be here? I've been sharing the link to people so it's easier to join:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118372-calorie-count-people
  • eturtlet
    eturtlet Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    @BrightEyedAgain Did your other two friends make it over? We may need to ask @Trishcolli to add them.