Options
    My steps

6/3 9,380
    6/4 7,505
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,705 Member
    Options
    Steps for Tuesday

Surprised I had that many, I spent most of the day at the E-vet with my dog. Going back to the regular vet today for a follow-up and then driving to Baltimore to meet my niece for dinner (2 hrs each way). Then tomorrow driving to our house in VA (6 hrs) so won't have very many steps the next few days either. Just when you think your life will be "normal" for a few days here comes that curve ball. :D
  • AstralCrazy
    AstralCrazy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was super hectic, I don't think I sat down to relax until 10pm. The good news is that I squeezed in a workout at some point, got a "just-a-taste" size of toasted coconut ice cream (yummm) with my partner, and I picked out some pretty cute new glasses at the eye doctor's office!
    It's beautiful out today, and I'll be out at an event this evening for people who like to journal. Keeping busy is a great way for me to stay under my maintenance calories; as a previous binge eater, that's worth soooo much.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    Making an effort to pay attention to people we don't ordinarily notice in our daily lives can help us avoid getting caught up in our own personal dramas. Next time you come across someone you don't know-whether it's during a morning commute, on a trip, or even in your workplace-take a moment to really notice how they are. Resist the urge to create a story about them. Instead, just take a small moment to connect with them through eye contact, a smile, or a hello. See them as they are: as real human beings rather than as anonymous extras passing through a movie about your life.

h2nfcxxda9xp.jpg
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 166.8
    CW: 165.9
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Steps
    6/3 6,192
    6/4 5,175
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!
    588w6grven9q.jpg
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

I have heard from quite a few people who are not happy with the changes that My Fitness Pal is doing. Is this because Google bought them out? or are they taking some stuff away like news feeds to bring in something better? I guess we wait and see. I hope we don't lose too many Pals along the way.

Steps: June 3= 12,656
    June 4= 10,727
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,985 Member
    edited June 5
    Options
    Step Goal:10,000
    Tue 06/04: 9869

June; Wk1 (so far):
    Log / Und-C&Cs / 1Hr-Exe
    ❌✔️✔️🔘🔘🔘🔘
    (Yes Days: 2 / 3 Days)
    • Net Calories ( 4412 / 10500 )
      🔴🟢🟢🔘🔘🔘🔘

= Daily Avg: 1470 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs ( 279 / 350 )
      🔴🟢🟢🔘🔘🔘🔘

= Daily Avg: 93 (Goal: 50)
    • Steps ( 26371 / 70000)
      🔴🟢🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘

= Daily Avg: 8790 (Goal: 10000
    Wednesday ✔️in: 166.8
    ~ Coming back down from the Boca-bloat. Last round I wrote in my diary that I was nervous I wouldn’t come back here but I definitely did. **small win for me** @DaffyGirl88 (Sue) and I used to be a part of a similar challenge and I do feel like this one is a bit more structured and so I feel more inclined to pay attention and it helped me come back after I fell of the wagon.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    @pupowl I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for sharing. If you ever need anything please reach out. You’ve done such a great job with your depression this year, don’t beat yourself up.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @pupowl -- Maybe balance it to where I've lost a pound or something? I knew it would skew that crazy, sorry. My Japan weight loss trend has stopped and is trying to reverse now ;-P If you put me down for a modest loss, I'm not going to be upset, it's not fair to skew it. Assign me anything, I'm cool :+1:
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @CasandraW Thank you! I am okay with there being ups and down, that's life. I will get back to where I was soon enough. :smile:
    @Itadakimasu7 Thanks for understanding. I gave you a two pound loss. Hope you can stop the reverse!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    b23w1s92b9hc.jpg
  • AstralCrazy
    AstralCrazy Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 6
    Options
    Today is a sleepy, rainy day. Doesn't look like I'll get to be outside much, so maybe I'll try some indoor yoga later. I feel like taking it easy, the last few days I've been out of the house all day (I am proud of that, I am a serious introvert most days lol).
    The journaling circle I went to last night was very fun. Light rain and a big, fluffy dog showed up. We spent way more time talking than writing; connecting can be just as nice as reflecting. :)
    Now, I'm going to drink some coffee and hope I don't snooze at my desk later...
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh-In
    User: kcpond

PW: 237.5
    CW: 237.2
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Hi there. I need to skip this Friday’s weigh in please. Heading to NY for the weekend and won’t have a scale. Thanks!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,705 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Steps
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited June 6
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters and welcome to all our new team members! I’m Patrice — a soon-to-be 58 year old woman living in Alexandria, Virginia in the USA.

After 30 years working in the education and health fields, I started my own consulting company recently. It’s been a good learning experience to start-up my (very small) business. It’s been challenging but gives me more flexibility to help care for aging relatives in Boston where I grew up. Even though my husband and I moved away from Boston after college, we return there so regularly that our family and friends still ask me when I’m coming ‘home’ again — referring to our next visit or retirement. I miss them - and the ocean! - but the winter season lasts too long for me. So, it would be ideal to have a small place where we can stay during the summer months.

We are not-quite empty nesters with two sons who live near their university campuses most of the year. They are visiting now so we took advantage of the opportunity for a family vacation before our older son returns to Boston for summer work. I enjoy traveling and it’s so nice to spend time with our sons! For fun, I usually row on the nearby rivers and I play soccer on a co-Ed Masters (aka - old people) team. I haven’t been as consistent with either hobby this season because of my travel schedule and other obligations ☹️ so I’m eager to find more balance!

I started MFP in 2020 and I was motivated to stay as healthy as possible during the pandemic. I started with an overweight Body Mass Index (BMI) at 168 pounds and now I’m way the high end of the ‘normal’ range. My goal is to weigh 125 pounds. I’m 5’4 tall so that will put me in the middle of the BMI range and then I hope to maintain my weight at 125-130 while working to add muscle.

I met my goal weight in September 2021 but slowly gained weight as I focused on other areas I wanted to improve beyond nutrition and exercise, such as my new business and de-cluttering/ downsizing my belongings. So, I’m trying to get back to my ‘goal zone’ targets again. Feeling accountable to the other group members helps keep me challenged and on track. I appreciate the insights, support, and encouragement of our team!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    6/3-12,639
    6/4-13,006
    6/5-1q,057
This discussion has been closed.