Giving this group a try.

Options
alligatorob
alligatorob Posts: 783 Member
I am a binge eater and have been all my life, and I am old, 71 so lots of binges over the years.

I have long done battle with it, some wins, but more losses... My weight peaked at 360 a few years ago. I was able to lose over 200 pounds, got all the way down to 143. Almost 2 years without bingeing and a strict 1,200 calorie a day diet. That ended with bingeing beginning about 2 years ago. I have regained weight, up to 191 this morning. Now I am going to make an earnest attempt to control it.

Problem is I know I can resist bingeing for periods of time, sometimes shorter than others. But the cravings never go away. Towards the end of my 2 year stent I was craving and obsessing to the max. The dam finally broke. So I am going to patch it up and try again.

2 days without binge

Rob

Replies

• alligatorob
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day.

3 days without binge
  • alligatorob
    Options
    Another good day, 4 days now without binge.

I am currently eating about 1,200 to 1,400 calories a day. I find that makes it easier for me not to binge, for a while anyway. Eating is one of my binge triggers, once I start eating I have real trouble stopping. So by eating less I binge less... sometimes. I know I cannot live at such a low calorie intake, but for now I am going to give it a shot. My plan is to do this for a month or so and then try to slowly increase my calories. Unfortunately most of my plans rarely go according to plan.
  • caylapal888
    caylapal888 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @alligatorob Have you identified what your trigger is? Why you feel the need to binge or emotionally eat?
  • alligatorob
    Options
    @alligatorob Have you identified what your trigger is? Why you feel the need to binge or emotionally eat?

No, unless I can count breathing. Or maybe being awake, don't think I binge when sleeping... Not sure the urges will ever go away, not until I do anyway. I know others have had success understanding their triggers, just not much for me. I have been thinking of it as more binge management than anything.

How about you? Any progress in identification of triggers?

4 days without binge