Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,311 Member
edited June 7 in Social Groups
csloz2lgllao.png

What do you like to be called?

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges?

How many 5% Challenges have you done?

What do you like to do for fun?

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live.

Do you have a pet?

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?

How would your pet or friend describe you?

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.

What is your favorite TV show?

What are your favorite summer activities?

What is your favorite type of exercise?

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house?

What always cheers you up?

2 fun things about you?

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share?

Anything else you would like to share?

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like?

Plz copy and paste for your introduction. Thanks.

Replies

• kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    What do you like to be called? Lynn

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Started in SparkPeople in 2010.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is 60 for me.

What do you like to do for fun? Travel to foreign country, RV travel, dance to live bands, listen to audiobooks, Happy Color app, play cards especially canasta, read online news, dinner parties, watch 90 Day Fiance, Love is Blind, Survivor and romantic comedy movies.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live in Vancouver, Canada. The winters here are mild and spring comes early and cherry trees bloom. I live close to the ocean and love going to the beach.

Do you have a pet? We have 2 dogs both girls - Rebel an American Water Spaniel and Royce an Aussie Doodle.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Be in great shape for travels in Fall 2024 !Blast off 10 pounds, overcome my fatigue and increase my daily exercise.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving and a little lazy.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I just completed a search for a quiche recipe to make for a friend lunch tomorrow.

What is your favorite TV or videos? I watch YouTube nightly monologues Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyer, Stephen Colbert. TV some reality shows - My 600 Pound Life, 90 Day Fiance. Romantic comedy movies and who done it shows.

What are your favorite summer activities? Destination picnics, joining RV friends each summer,

What is your favorite type of exercise? Dancing!

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise.

What always cheers you up? Playing cards or board games

2 fun things about you? I like planning things for my friends and I to do. I love to teach other how to play games.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Never give up! Slow progress is still progress!

Anything else you would like to share? I will be in good shape for my trip to Europe this fall.

5wgatxrdc229.png
  • grammamary98
    grammamary98 Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    What do you like to be called? Mary

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Have been doing them for years started with SP

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Lost count but on SP one challenge before the SUD team was formed

What do you like to do for fun? Read, play games on my tablet, go to the senior center

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Live in a suburban town north of Providence, RI. We usually have cold snowy winters and warm summers but that has been changing. Around here they always say if you don't like the weather wait a minute.

Do you have a pet? No

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Continue exercising, eating in moderation and hopefully losing a few more lbs

Quiet, loyal, loving

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Quilts for my youngest 2 grandkids

What is your favorite TV show? Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, Hallmark movies, Live at the Zoo

Bus trips with the Senior center

What is your favorite type of exercise? Strength and cardio. Grow Young Fitness, classes at the Senior center

Exercise
    What always cheers you up? Seeing my grandkids

2 fun things about you? In May 5 of our grandchildren had college graduations and I was a LL baseball coach for 10 yrs including 1 all star team

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Eat in moderation and keep moving

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,594 Member
    Options
    What do you like to be called? Sarah

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Over on Spark

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count

What do you like to do for fun? Watch Instagram Stories of kids and animals

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I'm in Southeastern Kansas about 45-60 min from Joplin Missouri

Do you have a pet? Just 2 stray cats

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Seeing flat abs and finally reaching my goal weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving and focused on my goals

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Reading No Excuses by Brian Tracy

What is your favorite TV show? All 3 Chicago Shows and All 3 Law and Order shows.

What are your favorite summer activities? Early outside walks

What is your favorite type of exercise? Weight lifting

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise

What always cheers you up? IG Stories with Kids and Animals

2 fun things about you? I drink only water other than for protein coffee. I love to learn about fitness and nutrition.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? One Day at a Time. One Meal at a Time. One Workout at a Time.

Anything else you would like to share? I love listening to podcasts and use my weekends off to catch up on them. I work full-time but still find time to get my training in and track my macros.

y1fnfs7ohb4o.jpg
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,746 Member
    Options

What do you like to be called? Annie

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Have been doing them for years started with SP

Quiet, patient, kind, loving

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. colouring a picture

What is your favorite TV show? Grey's Anatomy

Bike riding, playing tennis when i can, going for long walks

What is your favorite type of exercise? cardio

Exercise
    What always cheers you up? Seeing my daughter

2 fun things about you? I volunteer for a tennis tournament every year and i like to go to the beach

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? be consistent

Anything else you would like to share? i love to dance to just about any kind of music

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,085 Member
    Options
    What do you like to be called? Joyce

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Been part of 5% challenges since on sparks, 2014 when I started

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Many

What do you like to do for fun? Play farmtown, computer games, regular games, read, listen to music

What major city do you live in or near? State? Amarillo TX Tell us a bit about where you live. It is nice, around 250,000 people not small but not big. Everything is close.

Do you have a pet? Yes, Kayla a King Charles Spaniel, who will be 9 years old June 9th

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To work on strength training and balance

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friendly, funny, competitive at times, loyal and trustworthy

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Last thing I finished was May 6, 2024, a virtual walk of the West Coast Trail from Conqueror Challenges

What is your favorite TV show? Too many to mention

What are your favorite summer activities? None really

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking and arm exercises

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? exercise

What always cheers you up? It depends, something funny and or music

2 fun things about you? I like to have fun, being very social is my bag

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? to what best suits you and you can live with

Anything else you would like to share? Been married 60 years, have adult children, 10 grandchildren, 10 1/2 great grandchildren, 2 step grandchildren and 3 step great grands. We just recently moved to Amarillo.

me
    zidzcjr6kxhf.jpg
    Don
    6c0cy5udelss.jpg
    Kayla
    z2m62yicy4bu.jpg

• paceka2
    paceka2 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    What do you like to be called? Kathy

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? On MFP, from my friend Bruni

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will only be my 3rd or 4th on MFP but I did several on SparkPeople

What do you like to do for fun? Dancing

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live in a northwest suburb of Minneapolis named Champlin. In fact, today is the Father Hennepin Days Parade which travels right past my house. It was fun when the children were young but now it's more of a nuisance. However, this year my grandsons ages 4 & 5 are coming.

Do you have a pet? Yes, her name is Daisy. She's a Cocker Spaniel/Golden Retriever and just turned 11.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am preparing for a second spinal fusion surgery before the summer is over. I will be working on strength and flexibility now because I will not be able to do much of anything for about 3 months after the surgery but walk.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Her best friend and a great mom.

What is your favorite TV show?Blue Bloods

What are your favorite summer activities?Gardening

What is your favorite type of exercise?Pilates, both on the Reformer and on the Matt

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Given a choice, exercise every time.

What always cheers you up? Daisy, but also calls from my children.

2 fun things about you?Mother of 3 Daughters, Twin Sons, and 1 Step Son. Grandmother of 1 granddaughter who graduated from high school yesterday, and 7 boys ages 14 to 4. When I retired I started knitting which eventually turned into an Etsy shop. One time I was commissioned to knit pink mittens for 7 bridesmaids for a January wedding.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share?Never give up! I am still going to my Pilates classes 3 times a week. My body is not cooperating with me one bit and I'm unable to do so many of the things that were so easy just a few months ago. But I go (even when I don't want to) and do what I can - I always feel better when I'm done.

Anything else you would like to share? My husband (second) and I will be celebrating our 29th anniversary on June 17th - feels like just yesterday we were married!

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? This is Daisy watching the Father Hennepin Days Parade a couple of years ago.

d20hvo4n1rzq.jpg

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,402 Member
    edited June 7
    Options

Cory17

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? scrolling around

How many 5% Challenges have you done? some last year and this year

What do you like to do for fun? reading, gardening, swimming

What major city do you live in or near? State? suburb of Los Angeles, Calif (San Fernando Valley) it's all city

Do you have a pet? Tater, an old mixed min pin who has cataracts, going deaf, and few teeth left but still has lots of pep in him

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? firm up the upper arms and move the weight down

How would your pet or friend describe you? the truly wondrous person that feeds, scratches and walks me

What is the last thing you finished? working on back yard and decluttering file cabinet - both in progress

What is your favorite TV show? Hoarders, Naked and Afraid

What are your favorite summer activities? swimming, biking, anything fun

What is your favorite type of exercise? dance

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? rather get a massage

What always cheers you up? music

2 fun things about you? open sense of humor and enjoy walking 5 and 10ks, used to do tris

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? cut the carbs, up protein and fiber, lots of water
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

What do you like to be called? Jeanne

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? I have been with Rain Dancers for a few years

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Can't remember.

What do you like to do for fun? Work in my garden, walk with my dog, photography.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Antelope Valley CA

Do you have a pet? 3 dogs, 2 cats, & 4 birds

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Garden as much as possible, and walk more

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal and a softee.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Feeding my birds & the wild birds

What is your favorite TV show? The First 48

What are your favorite summer activities? Hiking in areas near where we live

What is your favorite type of exercise? Hiking

What always cheers you up? My pets

2 fun things about you? I am a 2nd generation Aunt, going on 3 generations. I am related to Wild Bill Hickok.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Never give up. No matter how slow it goes, keep going.

Me & my walking parter, Emma
    t8ekiz548nlj.jpg

• NancyAnne52
    NancyAnne52 Posts: 980 Member
    edited June 8
    Options
    What do you like to be called? Nancy Anne

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? From Retired Sue

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Bake sourdough, sing, and sew.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. We are just south of Bloomington in South Central Indiana. It's a beautiful area with hills, lakes, forests, and friendly people. More Southern than northern in atmosphere.

Do you have a pet? 1 dog named Ruger.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I think just losing 5% is enough for now. :smiley:

How would your pet or friend describe you? Shoot-from-the-hip with both a serious side and sense of humor.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A 44oz bottle of water. "One-third my water goal."

What is your favorite TV show? The Rookie

What are your favorite summer activities? Traveling, swimming, grandkids visiting.

What is your favorite type of exercise? Weight lifting

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise. No contest!

What always cheers you up? This little convenience store near our house called Johnny Junxions. It is decorated like a 50's diner and sells ice cream scoops, pizza, and fried food. (Nothing good for you.) Cute little booths. When I'm feeling down or grumpy I like to go there and get a caffeine-free diet coke. The people are quirky and friendly, and something funny always happens. It makes me laugh and brings my mood up.

2 fun things about you? I am licensed to drive a motorcycle. I've lived in 8 states and visited 43.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Don't consider if you are in the mood to work out. It's not a mood thing. Just do it.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm concerned about the time factor for this group, but Sue has been mentioning it for several years now and it's about as good a time as any!

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? dimnt6uuwj1z.jpg
  • shyjoy
    shyjoy Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 8
    Options
    What do you like to be called? Shannon or friend

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? I received an invite from previous challenge.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? one spring

What do you like to do for fun? I really enjoy my water aerobics group. We go on cruises but they can feel like a chore.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. West Valley City, Utah (I live in the house I was born in.

Do you have a pet? I have four sons and one daughter that are grown and out of the house. They ate what they were served and were not allowed to waste food. Now I have a cat that only likes shreds with extra gravy that I have to have shipped here. When he doesn't want to finish his food he throws the can to the floor and yells for another. My children would never get away with this behavior. But we love him.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would love to have that smokin hot body. My actual goals are keeping my blood sugars in normal levels.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Boingo the cat would call me servant.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I like to take classes on coursera and other places. I was a registered nurse and I still love learning about the new treatments that keep coming out.

I watch way too much TV now that I'm retired. We love Ghosts. My husband likes the Engish version more than the American version but I love both.

What are your favorite summer activities? We pretend to be gardeners but two acres has become too much to take care of. We go camping with the kids and then I remember I was never meant to be a pioneer.

What is your favorite type of exercise? Water aerobics and before you think that is just for old people, I have done research. The movements are more effective with the resistence of the water. You stay cool and I think no one can see that I'm a complete klutz.

Water aerobics hands down. With loud fun music and fun people.

What always cheers you up? Coffee.

2 fun things about you? I finished my nursing career as a psychiatric nurse. The difference between me and my seriously mentally ill patients was, I had the keys. I loved that job because I had finally found my people. As a nurse my sense of humor became warped.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? low sodium vegetable juice. It curbs your appetite without too many calories. Magnesium supplements. My husband has heart failure (why I retired, to take care of him). His cardiologist wanted him to take magnesium for his heart. You can't overdose because it makes you very regular, like really regular if you know what I mean. That helps if your are doing high protein low carb.

Anything else you would like to share? I think I have said enough.

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? w8gejo9eg81d.jpg I can do this!
  • azhkrgrl
    azhkrgrl Posts: 509 Member
    Options

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Through Myfitnesspal

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several, I stopped counting after the 5th one

What do you like to do for fun? Hike, travel, listen to podcasts, read, gardening.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Madison, WI

Do you have a pet? Yes, a portuguese water dog

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose body fat & weight, strength train, & improve my flexibility

How would your pet or friend describe you? Regimented but fun

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. The Spring 5% challenge

What is your favorite TV show? Currently Mayor of Kingstown

What are your favorite summer activities? Hike, travel,& gardening

What is your favorite type of exercise? Anything that gets me sweating and is outdoors

What always cheers you up? An encouraging verse or song, a good cup of tea, a good laugh

2 fun things about you? My husband laughs at me laughing at my own jokes, English is not my first language

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? It is a journey & a lifestyle change

Anything else you would like to share? not really

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? Don't have one handy or a recent one
  • bhsuzycue
    bhsuzycue Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    What do you like to be called? Susan or Suzy

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Been doing them off and on since 2010 on SparkPeople

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I've lost count

What do you like to do for fun? Read, watch cooking shows and veterinarian shows, play hidden object games

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Little Rock, AR

Do you have a pet? Yes, 3 dogs (Nugget, Freddie and Tinker) and 2 cats (Slash and Niblick)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back into an exercise habit, including strength training, cardio and stretching

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving, loyal, slightly nutty (in a good way)

What is the last thing you finished? An upgrade on a major computer system at work

What is your favorite TV show? No single favorite, but I love cooking challenge shows

What are your favorite summer activities? Staying cool, watching hummingbirds and other birds at their feeders

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking

What always cheers you up? Chocolate, interacting with our doggos

2 fun things about you? I love wearing bright colored polish with bling on my toenails. I don't like odd numbers, except for five and multiples of five.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Don't give up

Anything else you would like to share? No

• LoisHerbert
    LoisHerbert Posts: 241 Member
    Options

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Former Sparkpeople

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count. I took a long break between Sparkpeople and MFP but it always comes back to me that accountability is very important.

What do you like to do for fun? I'm a people-person and have many varied interests from reading to playing games, crafting, socializing with the people in our building (senior community)

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Atlanta, Georgia. Moved here 6 years ago to be near our children and two youngest grandchildren (now ages 10 & 13). They live only 3 miles from us.

Do you have a pet? Not anymore. Had dogs

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would love to lose 5% this go around. I am healthy and very active but, I had an unexpected hiccup during Spring challenge. Both my DH and I got Covid at same time on Mother's Day. I got well after 5 days...he did not and has been in the hospital for the last three weeks. I've been sitting at his bedside every day. Have not been very successful with LTGL challenges. He has MS, wheelchair bound and we knew he was high risk. It most definately proved to be nearly fatal. He is finally out of the woods and expecting to come home very soon.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Caring, sincere and fun

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Book (The Cross-Country Quilters)

What is your favorite TV show? Amazing Race and Survivor

What are your favorite summer activities? walking through the woods

What is your favorite type of exercise? walking

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Wash a car and mine NEEDS it!!!

What always cheers you up? A visit with friends

2 fun things about you? I try to think and be positive most all the time.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Moderation and smart choices

Anything else you would like to share? I'm hopeful our lives can get back to pre-Covid days where I can leave my DH for short period of time on his own in the condo while I am doing things in the community.

• RuthieMJones
    RuthieMJones Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What do you like to be called? Ruthie

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? By accident

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my second one

What do you like to do for fun? Read, cook, garden.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Austin, Texas.

Do you have a pet? Draco, our fat Frenchie. Aka: Turducken, Chunk, Draco-Pancake-O

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? the 5% weight-loss, and to tone my body.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friendly, kind. Sometimes moody.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. My coffee?

What is your favorite TV show? Star Wars: The Mandalorian (all Star wars really), Schitt's Creek.

What are your favorite summer activities? Tanning by the pool

What is your favorite type of exercise? I'm kind of allergic to it, but I guess indoor cycling (its what I have done in previous challenge)

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Clean house

What always cheers you up? My children's faces (27,27,24,23,16) blended family

2 fun things about you? I love wine, and people watch.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Stay hydrated

Anything else you would like to share? Nope

2tt5o4awn64v.jpg

• Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,931 Member
    edited June 8
    Options
    What do you like to be called? Sue

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Many years ago when I was with SP

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I can’t remember for sure, but I believe it was in 2011. That’s when I met @Dianedoessmiles1 and she invited me to join the SUDS team.

What do you like to do for fun? I love to play games on my computer and I love to go out and eat.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live in a small town in TN which is about 30 to 35 miles from Memphis. We have lived here since 1992. My DH retired from the military in 1997 and we decided to stay here. Three of our children live here also and our oldest lives in MD.

Do you have a pet? Yes we have 2 fur babies.34tr3iv8bzp5.jpeg

What are you health/fitness 2 goals for this season? I want to lose weight but my body and I don’t agree so I want to lose inches and firm muscles and get rid of this big fat belly. I want to continue to eat healthy and maintain my weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I believe a friend would say that I have a great sense of humor and that I am a loyal friend. I think I am just crazy.😜

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I have decluttered every room in the house and gotten rid of things we didn’t even know we had.

What is your favorite TV show? My favorite tv show is Yellowstone. I love Kevin Costner and we enjoy watching it.

What are your favorite summer activities? Swimming and hiking are 2 things I enjoy but now that I am older I don’t get to do them like I used to.

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking is my favorite exercise. If it is cool outside, I really enjoy it.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Clean house because it is a good workout and I love a clean house.

What always cheers you up? Seeing my grandkids and my great grandkids. I have 12 grandkids and 3 great grandkids.

2 fun things about you? I love to have a good time and joke about things.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Just never give up. There may be times that throw you off course, but you can get back up and keep going.

Anything else you would like to share? I am now 9 years in remission from breast cancer. I am so thankful for that.

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? It may scare you but I will.
    zppfmt77253f.jpg Me
    vxowlcorbdzh.jpg DH
    8wgncwgebk7h.jpg Paco
    rnmc2a2a8t0y.jpg Chico

• pontond
    pontond Posts: 1,567 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    Dinees

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges?
    Spark people

How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    Lot's

What do you like to do for fun?
    Dance, walk, build with Lego

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live.
    Virginia Beach, VA

Do you have a pet?
    Kaylee (dog), Serenity (cat), D'Argo (cat)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    slim down, lose fat

Friendly, fun, good listener

I re-designed a Lego Santa museum. I kept some of the front and changed everything else.

Not a fan of TV.

Spending time outside. Walking

What is your favorite type of exercise?
    Walking

Exercise

What always cheers you up?
    Walking

2 fun things about you?

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share?

• katiedidtoo
    katiedidtoo Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    Kathy

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Spark people

How many 5% Challenges have you done? guessing, it must be about 60 if counting 4 a year for about 15 years

What do you like to do for fun? travel, garden

What major city do you live in or near? near Rochester, NY in a college town

Do you have a pet? no

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? to keep walking every day and to stay at my goal weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? easy to be around

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. supper

What is your favorite TV show? I don't watch TV

What are your favorite summer activities? gardening, traveling

What is your favorite type of exercise? walking

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? depends on what needs to be done

What always cheers you up? smiling

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? keep moving
  • cmoak54
    cmoak54 Posts: 1,226 Member
    edited June 9
    Options

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Clare

How many 5% Challenges have you done? 3

What do you like to do for fun? Read, computer games like Solitaire, Word games; Camping, puzzles

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Northeastern Wisconsin, an hour north of Green Bay. We live in a very rural, tourist area (Farm country). I love all the seasons we have but would like a little more warmth.

Do you have a pet? no

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Keep all health markers in normal range, especially blood sugar (T2D). Lose fat and weight, tone and build strength and flexibility

How would your pet or friend describe you? Helpful, supportive, quiet, impatient, intolerant of dishonesty.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A book by Lee Child (part of the Jack Reacher series)

What is your favorite TV show? NCIS, FBIs, Reacher.

What are your favorite summer activities? Camping, spending time with grandkids, gardening... just being outside.

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking and exercise videos

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Clean house.

What always cheers you up? My grandkids, sitting on my back porch and watching the abundance of wildlife, the view and the quiet.

2 fun things about you? Loving family all live within 3 miles of me in homes/property that were all part of my husband's father's farm, which our son still farms. Married for 51 years, three grown children- a daughter and two sons (all married); 7 grandchildren (4 girls, 3 boys). My two oldest granddaughters both got engaged on the same day 2 weeks ago- not planned. They will both be getting married in 2025. We are hosting a family reunion at our house in July for my siblings and their families- over 100 people. (I have 12 siblings)

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Tracking what you eat is key to staying on track. Results require effort.

• Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 963 Member
    Options

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Spark People

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several since 2011

What do you like to do for fun? Work outside planting and tending flowers, visits with 2 yr old grandson.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Live near Winston Salem , NC.

Do you have a pet? No

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My goal is to keep exercising and improve eating habits.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My friends would say I am dependable to keep promises and know I want to live a life based on honoring Christ.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Spring planting. Finished plans for all flowers and gardening for outside our home.

What is your favorite TV show? The Voice

What are your favorite summer activities? Anything outdoors

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking

What always cheers you up? Visits with my family and friends

2 fun things about you? I like trying new things and sometimes I can really make a fool of myself.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Stick to a plan and never give up.

Anything else you would like to share? Many thanks to the leaders who give their time to keep records and who motivate us each day to keep pushing to be a better person!