Article: 7 Functional Movements for Seniors

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,310 Member
Nothing groundbreaking, but a good reminder.

https://www.silversneakers.com/blog/7-functional-movements/

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 4,000 Member
    Options
    When the sixth activity was “roll over”, I had to keep reading to see if the last activity was “play dead”

Come on, you know you did the same thing!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Just a random internet remark by a chiropractor served up by google news feed but he maintained that inability to get up from a chair was # 1 thing that put people in nursing homes. Video was about hinging from hips to stand up.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Just a random internet remark by a chiropractor served up by google news feed but he maintained that inability to get up from a chair was # 1 thing that put people in nursing homes. Video was about hinging from hips to stand up.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 4,000 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »

It’s a bit amusing, because I take a peculiar pride in the fact that I can (now) stand up from a seated position in the couch without using my hands or “launching” myself with momentum. Between sit-up and less weight, it’s just easier. 👍🏻
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,310 Member
    Options
    crewahl wrote: »
    88olds wrote: »

It’s a bit amusing, because I take a peculiar pride in the fact that I can (now) stand up from a seated position in the couch without using my hands or “launching” myself with momentum. Between sit-up and less weight, it’s just easier. 👍🏻

What I want is to be able to get up from the floor again without it being a theatrical production. ;-)