• AstralCrazy
    AstralCrazy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    AstralCrazy
    PW: 162.2lbs
    CW: 161.4lbs (-0.8lbs)
    LTD: 12.4lbs
    Weigh-ins: Sunday

Hi! I'm doing a little better this week. Over the sickness but fighting some stomach issues still. Nothing serious! But it's kept me back from the gym for a couple of days. I bet this week will be even better. Have a great week everyone <3
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 327 Member
    edited June 24
    Options
    I was listening to Mel Robbins this weekend. She was talking about taking small acts of courage everyday to help reach a goal.

“Confidence in yourself is built through acts of everyday courage.”
    "Pushing yourself to take simple action creates a chain reaction in your confidence and your productivity.” Mel Robbins

Here is something to think about and maybe post to the group for inspiration / support...
    What is something or some things you can do this week to reach a goal?

And also, when you feel the urge to do it, initiate the activity within five seconds to prevent hesitation and procrastination from setting in.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in
    PW: 124.8
    CW: 125

Steps:
    June 19= 12,496
    June 20= 9697
    June 21= 10,712
    June 22= 5190
    June 23= 7026

sorry for so many days in a row, I thought I posted during the week :neutral:

My Aunt and Uncle from Australia are here visiting for a week, Then I will be taking them to stay with other relatives in Calgary for the Stampede! My cousin and I are taking my Uncle to CFL football game this Saturday, should be lots of fun! Fingers crossed the weather stays nice. Have a great Monday everyone.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl I typed out a lengthy post describing my why a couple of years ago. I'm going to see if I can dredge that up rather than retype it again. Feeling lazy this Monday morning.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited June 24
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 That is some crappy news while on vacation, but thank gosh they actually called you though 4 days isn't very speedy. I hope your insurance will cover the repairs and that everything will be alright. Lazy Mondays are totally understandable. I had the same this morning and slept almost 10 hours! :smiley:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    If anyone has a friend that would be interested in joining our group, share this link with them:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10918734/registration-for-new-members-july-2024#latest

You do not need to rejoin every month, you are already on this team :)
  • Pupowl
    edited June 24
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters. I had a fairly quiet day. Despite sleeping for almost 10 hours I still felt like hot garbage in the morning so I didn't go for my walk. I did move all my furniture on the rugs, vacuumed, mopped everywhere and then put it all back again. In the afternoon Tinus needed his next painkiller shot so we walked to the vet. It was really hot which wasn't great. I made sure to plan the next appointment early in the morning. In the evening I saw a bright yellow bird on the roof; it really stood out! Turns out it was a lutino peach-faced love bird that probably escaped from somewhere. I tried calling it in case it was tame or something, but no luck. I posted it in a facebook group and on my instagram. I might go out again later to see if I can lure it with sunflower seeds, but I think it is very hard to get a bird back. My food wasn't great today and then in the evening the little girl from the Turkish family came over and gave me a plate with some sort of pudding with cacao sprinkled on top that her mom made. Probably a lot of calories, but I had to give the plate back so I couldn't save it for tomorrow! Oh well, at least there was also fruit, lol. Have a good day everyone <3
    jodm1buc3t5n.jpg
    m6ovs1m17cpx.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    Making a concerted effort to think positively can help you cope with unpleasant situations. Everyone feels hassles in their lives, but an optimistic outlook helps you to view a stressful situation in a different way. Next time you face difficulty, notice a positive outcome that came from it. It could be a surprise coffee enjoyed after missing a train or an amusing conversation with a stranger while in a long queue. Actively appreciating these moments will soon become routine.

vmpljitmxbm8.jpg
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    Options
    Steps for Monday
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Hi all,I'm back from my long break & thankfully only delayed 1 hour.The sun is out & I'm on my third load of laundry already !
    My steps
    @jessicakrall8 as I thought due to lack of WiFi I couldn't sync my steps.As soon as I got home it updated my steps.So please could you adjust the entry on 6/23 to 3,960.
    6/24 6,800. Thanks.
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 976 Member
    edited June 25
    Options
    @Pupowl I found it!!!!!!!!! Took some digging. This post is from 2021 so I am now 64 and my brother is 67. The rest is still relevant. This is my purpose.

OK, here goes, and I'll try not to write a book. ;) I'm 61 and have been on this journey most of my life. My Why changed over the years from wanting to look good going out partying with my friends, to lose the baby fat, to not be an embarrassment to my kids, to look good for a special event, etc. I think perhaps my current Why may be the most important.

Being 61, retirement is no longer some far off point in the future but actually just a couple of years away. Life expectancy being what it is my biggest fear is not having enough money to live on. I've been doing a lot of research on the subject and the biggest expense senior citizens have is healthcare. Thus, if I want my money to last I need to be healthy. I need to do cardio to keep my heart and lungs strong. Strength and yoga to keep my bones and muscles strong and my balance good so that I don't fall and break a hip. I need to eat right so that my body has the nutrients that it needs to stay healthy and strong.

My father was morbidly obese. The last years of his life he had emphysema and COPD and was on oxygen 24/7. I recently saw my brother at my niece's wedding, first time in 2 years due to COVID. I was shocked at the weight he had gained. Talking to him later I learned that during the last 2 years he had been bedridden due to blood clots in his legs and had a total hip replacement (yes I somehow missed those things). While talking he was sitting down because he didn't have the energy to stand, and he had to take off his bowtie because he couldn't breathe. Honestly it's a wonder he made it down the aisle. My brother is only 63.

Bottom line here is that we have a choice on how we age. We can't prevent getting older but we can prevent decaying. I intend to stay strong enough and healthy enough to live my life, not sit in a recliner and watch from the sidelines. I want to continue to ride my bike and roll down hills with my grandsons and everything else that life entails for as long as possible. That is my why.
    Thank you for sharing this, Sue!!! I needed that! Hugs ♥️
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited June 25
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 - I hope everything is going well with your trip — sending positive vibes your way!

@PatriceFitnessPal Thank you for asking! Long story short - my vacation was going well until I received a phone call from the water department saying “Your house has been on our Excess Usage report for the last four days. Is everything OK?” That will get your heart pumping right quick!!! The water line to the toilet in the guest bathroom broke and pumped out water from 13 June until 17 June, when we got the call and were able to get the water to the house turned off. Suffice to say that my basement is no longer finished and the hardwood floors in the hallway and half of the master BR will no longer be “original”. We cancelled the remainer of our visit and rushed back and have been dealing with the aftermath since.

I'm still here but will readily admit that eating healthy and logging regularly are not very high on my priority list at the moment. :/
    Ugh! So sorry that happened! 🙏🏻
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited June 25
    Options
    p6rdxxb6ugw8.jpeg
    xovmnk98jotb.jpeg
    Scale up today, but I’m glad I moved.