Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Steps
    6/22 5,825
    6/23 7,008 - in the car for 9.5 hours to travel back home from GA to WI & I still managed to get over 6,000!
    6/24 7,994
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Check In
    6 mos from now is Christmas!!- where are you on your goals?? Do you need to refresh & restart? Now is a good time to reassess what's working & not working and move forward!!
    Y'all got this!!!🫶
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,469 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 6/23: 10,073
    Mon 6/24: 12,885
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hmmm
    I have trouble uploading photos from my phone using the MFP app. Any tips or tricks you can share?

I got a trail jog/walk in last night and wanted to share some photos.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    Hmmm
    I have trouble uploading photos from my phone using the MFP app. Any tips or tricks you can share?

@Cyncia85 if you have an Android you are out of luck. I send them to my PC and upload from there when I have something that I want to share.
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited June 25
    Options
    Check In
    6 mos from now is Christmas!!- where are you on your goals?? Do you need to refresh & restart? Now is a good time to reassess what's working & not working and move forward!!
    Y'all got this!!!🫶

@LaurieWrobo Oh, you're one of THOSE people! LOL At least you didn't ask if we've started our shopping yet. 😂😂
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Check In
    Y'all got this!!!🫶

@LaurieWrobo Oh, you're one of THOSE people! LOL At least you didn't ask if we've started our shopping yet. 😂😂

Haha - I didn't even think about that, but I know Hobby Lobby has Christmas already out!!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Hmmm

Hi,
    The only way I can do it on my android mobile is by taking a screenshot of the photo & save it to the clipboard then paste onto the MFP page.Hope this helps 🙂
  • LaurieWrobo
    edited June 25
    Options
    Hmmm

I have Android - I have to go through the website to upload pictures- so annoying - you would think that would be fixed instead of taking away the Newsfeed😠
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Hmmm

Hi,
    The only way I can do it on my android mobile is by taking a screenshot of the photo & save it to the clipboard then paste onto the MFP page.Hope this helps 🙂

@izzyred9400 how do you save something to the clipboard? I'm a simpleton. LOL
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Hmmm

@Cyncia85 if you have an Android you are out of luck. I send them to my PC and upload from there when I have something that I want to share.

@daffygirl88 I do have an Android. I wonder if I could login to MFP from the Chrome app on my phone and upload that way. I'll test it later - using a laptop now and poor internet connection with my cell phone. Thanks for the reply
  • Cyncia85
    edited June 25
    Options
    c4rtpst5ktip.png

• Cyncia85
    edited June 25
    Options
    Hmmm

Hi,

This is an idea too, thanks @izzyred9400
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters. It's getting really hot now, but I did manage to drag myself out for a walk. I was very sad to see they mowed down the 3 big fields. Screw the insects, mice, hedgehogs and roedeer I guess. I don't understand why we can't just let nature be. I did find a cool feather, probably from a sparrowhawk. My food was crap again. I really need to start taking my diet seriously. The heat isn't helping though; no way I am cooking the next few days. Of course that is no excuse. I have plenty of other food options. But really, eating in a deficit needs to be the main priority. It's like I put on the brakes one day and step on the gas the next. That's not going to work. Have a good day everyone <3
    g4l9vkjad39t.jpg
    8ptverairuu3.jpg
    t5az4dd6m0b8.jpg
    3m5mjoqjhoor.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    z4md59hverw2.jpg
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Hi Shape Shifters, you have a new team member joining in July, welcome @lolakinks!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @Pupowl I understand how you feel about the fields. There is a median in the highway near me and it was full of milkweed and thistle. Just miles and miles of milkweed. And they mowed it down. No wonder the monarch butterflies are endangered. :'(
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,246 Member
    Options
    lolakinks wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I’m new at the group! I’m 34 years old, 104.4 kg (230 lbs), and 164 cm (5’ 4,5”). I have a very sedentary life, since I am a PhD researcher. I work mostly from home. I don’t have a gym routine, sometimes I go 2-3 times a week sometimes I don’t go for weeks. It’s been weeks lately because of sickness I hope I will be back soon.

I’ve been overweight since I was 18 and every year I gained more and more (35-40 kgs since then). In the last 1,5 years I have been between 103-105 kg (227-231 lbs). My ultimate goal weight is 70 kg (154 lbs), but firstly I want to go below 103 kg which I stuck for 1,5 years. Then I hope go below 100 kg (220 lbs) soon.

4r89f6yztdqb.jpg

WELCOME to the team @lolakinks!!! We're glad you found us!! Take time to go back to pg 1 of this chat thread and read our FAQ file for all the information a new member could need. If anything is confusing or not there, just post your questions and someone will chime in to help. I'm Jessica, one of your two Captains...the other is @pupowl and we also have two wonderful Motivators in @lauriewrobo and @Cyncia85 ...on behalf of all of us and the whole team, we're so happy you've taken this step in your health/fitness journey!

Take a few minutes and let us know how we can better support you and tell us a bit about your goals for July and beyond! My advice to you, is USE THIS GROUP for a sounding board...take every advantage of your resources...weekly group challenges hosted by YOURS TRULY...I'll be announcing the first one for July on Saturday (starts on Sunday); our Step Challenge and all of the daily discussions in this chat thread. Post, Post, Post...sharing is caring!

Again, welcome and good luck in July!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,246 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal Why in the world, did they wait four days before calling you?! Geesh...especially when it's outside your normal pattern of activity...people are annoying. Hope you get everything cleaned up without too much expense...it's always something, isn't it?!

@pupowl Sounds like just what we'd expect...you have a way of always turning things around to a positive...one of your greatest accomplishments, I'd say! Love the picture of that yellow/orange bird...very pretty. The last picture on Tinus looks like he has the RIGHT idea!!! LOL

@lauriewrobo 6 months...wow...seems like we just HAD Christmas! All of my family is away in other places, so I likely won't do much...and with Betty being so young, I don't want to see what she would do to a Christmas tree...will likely not put one up...but I'll get out and about and enjoy everyone else's decorations...just enjoy a quiet holiday. I'm a planner too...so I totally get it!

Jessica