Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Welcome. Introduce yourself here.

2»

Replies

• Zebra_Aitch
    Zebra_Aitch Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks 😊

“Trying to keep your shoulders up” … Totally makes sense , it definitely sounds as though you have some hyper mobile joints there,

I got diagnosed with Eds in my 40,s after 35 years of doc appointments! I’m 57 now and still learning the best ways to move , so yes absolutely puts a totally different spin on how to exercise and take care of yourself

I cling onto my remaining mobility with a passion !
  • BeaneeWeenie
    BeaneeWeenie Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, hello hi!! My name is Vincent or Vicente, and I have functional neurological disorder, a joint disorder, gastroparesis, and Hidradentis Supprativa (g0re/gross warning if you look this disorder up!!)

I have severe weakness, and my joints frequently pop out slightly and then pop back in. Specifically my shoulders and elbows. This has made it very hard for me to work out my upper body or even do bodyweight workouts. But I am determined to build up my strength and endurance!! My HS causes open wounds on my body that are extremely painful and horrifying, but unfortunately, I can't let this get in the way anymore! I am considered to have severe and untreatable HS since not even injection medication works. Weight is also a factor in the flare-ups, so I'm really trying to lose as much weight as I can.

If anyone is confused, I am a transgender male and was born female, so I'm not sure if this is an all-women's group. If it is, I will definitely leave!!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,945 Member
    Hello @BeanieWeanie962!

Glad to have you here!

The group is quiet, but please do keep on updating us as you progress.
  • KnittingDragon
    KnittingDragon Posts: 12 Member
    Oh Gods yes, the "you are fat because you overeat, eat the wrong things, are lazy ... yadda, yadda, yadda" and then they find out there is ACTUALLY something wrong (after you keep pushing for answers), all of a sudden then you get help (but no apology for the fact that you could have been helped a year, a decade or whenever ago because NO ONE LISTENED!)
  • MargaretYakoda
    Oh Gods yes, the "you are fat because you overeat, eat the wrong things, are lazy ... yadda, yadda, yadda" and then they find out there is ACTUALLY something wrong (after you keep pushing for answers), all of a sudden then you get help (but no apology for the fact that you could have been helped a year, a decade or whenever ago because NO ONE LISTENED!)

Oh wow do I ever feel this!

Glad to have you here.
    This is hopefully one spot on the internet where folks understand the dual struggle of being overweight and disabled.
  • MissLucyU75
    MissLucyU75 Posts: 43 Member
    Hi, all! I'm 49. I have psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, a primary immunodeficiency, migraines, and I had a small stroke a few years ago. I've lost a lot of weight in the past, but it has mostly crept back due to medication and health struggles. I stay pretty active in spite of everything. I want to lose about 50 pounds to get some pressure off of my joints. I also want to avoid diabetes. I really have to get my act together and do this. Plus, I'd love to have some of this weight off by my 50th!
  • MargaretYakoda
    Welcome @MissLucyU75 !