Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Downsizers Team Chat - September 2024

Megan_smartiepants1970
Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,760 Member
edited August 31 in Social Groups
izxocxxydiya.jpg
Here is your Team chat room for September 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8
Lauren- @lauren_989
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and [open]
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @ashleycarole86 and @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The September challenge runs for four weeks, from September 1st - September 29th.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leader board. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get September on the road!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,390 Member
    The September Week 1 Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 1st. Please join us for the Pick 3 Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922858/september-week-1-group-challenge-pick-3-challenge#latest

Bring a friend and see you there!
    Jessica
  • myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 100 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Step Challenge - Goal 6000

8/25 sun 7838
    8/26 mon 6413
    8/27 tue 866
    8/28 wed 1205
    8/29 thur 2652
    8/30 fri 2355
    8/31 sat 1197

Again not a good week for walking 😞 🤞🙏 for next week.. Have a great Sunday everyone 😘
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,748 Member
    Good morning! My name is Linda, I just turned 60, married with three grown children. I have 4 beautiful granddaughters ranging in age 2 to 18. We also have two fat cats named Nick and Lady. I live in London, Ontario. I am originally from Newfoundland but moved to Ontario 25 years ago. I have been with this group since February 2019. I have lost over a 100 pounds. Yes, it took me 5 years. I want to lose another 10 tp 20 pounds. I am still 10 pounds heavier than my lowest weight earlier this year. Stress was not my friend. Stress and poor sleep leads to weight gain in my case. I was on the support team for July. I find I do better when checking into a team.

Right now, I am recovering from back surgery. I have some simple stretching exercises from the physiotherapist which I do twice a day. I am working on increasing my steps as walking is the only exercise I can do at the moment. I am pretty slow. My goal is 3,000 steps a day. I will start more intense physio at the 8 week mark. I have my follow up with the surgeon on the 18th and I am hoping I get clearance to go back in the pool.

My goals for the month are simple
    1. Walk 3k steps daily. (Increase goal each week)
    2. Physio exercises twice a day
    3. Log food daily
    4. Walk 4 times a week

Welcome to the new members. @AugustaWeschler2024 @msgym

Welcome back @rainyrae

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited September 2
    ubqrtelc9xdm.jpg

I still need a few of you to please post your steps for August week 4...Please have them in no later than Tuesday the 3rd Thank you :)
    @aactuallyaash 8/31
    @FindingSamMon 8/30 & 8/31
    @lovethyneighbor 8/25 - 8/31
    @Bluetail6 8/25 - 8/31
    @ashleyhudson2100 8/25 - 8/31
    @Carrieneary71 8/30 & 8/31

I am hoping that they will not delete the August spreadsheet until I get week 4 done
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    ounjjafo28bm.jpg

What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?

Mine was Tweety bird and Sylvester
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    If any of the new people would like to be added to our step challenge ... Please let me know and give me a step number that you plan to hit daily or weekly ... I will always put up a reminder of the people I need to post their steps ...Thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited September 2
    f2ssu87na88i.jpg

SUNDAY WEIGH-INS (1st)
    @AugustaWeschler2024

MONDAY WEIGH-IN (2nd)
    @lacatgirl

TUESDAY WEIGH -INS (3rd)
    @aactuallyaash

WEDNESDAY WEIGH-INS (4th)
    @myndieet
    @lovethyneighbor
    @ashleyhudson2100

THURSDAY WEIGH-INS (5th)
    @Bluetail6

FRIDAY WEIGH -INS (6th)
    @jimboden3
    @FindingSamMon
    @carrieneary71
    @lindamtuck2018

SATURDAY WEIGH-INS (7th)
    @liketoyak
    @RoblinB
    @inshapeCK
    @Stef2370
    @ibackes17
    @rainyrae
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,137 Member
    cormierannie
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 132 pounds
    CW: 132 pounds
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,462 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    ml00sxygm0w8.png
    h80jvxb3atl8.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    tb4j061qd338.png

By Pounds
    58tdpg51xp5c.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    rf2nakpqjvlr.png

By Pounds
    kw77871g7onf.png
    buc12pu7doyp.png

Team Winners
    bdm4r8u697z6.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    z5v9bcz8o5ar.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,462 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    tvpo361ry3q6.png
    by6su14dtvh1.png
    ejy76pi76va0.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    2wyadxdk9yun.png

By Pounds
    95b114zu09vh.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    0xav3fc8b7hk.png

By Pounds
    xm0tzqv5nf4s.png
    s3mhvr0ow5m2.png

Team Winners
    t262zj8v9g34.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    tdc8pgt0eouj.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited September 2
    *August winners team % Downsizers 1.18%
    *Team lbs lost Downsizers 33.5
    *As a whole we lost 84.3 pounds or 0.49%
    *For weeks in the green @myndieet & @Bluetail6
    *Team results by percentage 1st place Downsizers 1.18%
    *Team by pounds 1st place Downsizers 33.5 lbs lost
    *Honorable mentions 1st @myndieet 2nd @Bluetail6 and 3rd @ashleyhudson2100
    *Team Winners 1st @myndieet 3.29% 2nd @Bluetail6 2.83% and 3rd ashleyhudson2100 2.38%
    *Percentage of members in the green ..Week 1 64.29%, Week 2 42.86, Week 3 50.00% Week 4 42.86%
    Finale 50.00%

VERY PROUD OF MY TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 340 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

31- 2741

Thanks!
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 340 Member
    Great month Downsizers!!!
  • msgem
    msgem Posts: 11 Member
    edited September 2
    Weigh In Day: 9/1/24
    PW (Previous Weight): 203
    CW (Current Weight): 203
    Steps goal: 3000 steps daily

Hello,
    My name is Thea and I am excited to be a part of this group for accountability and encouragement. I love all things health and fitness. This summer was super busy and caught me off guard. Between traveling, work, and vacations, I gained 15 pounds 😩. Now that my kids are back in school and I’m back on my normal routine, I’m looking forward to shedding these extra pounds and being healthier overall. ❤️

• lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 332 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

8/25: 4706
    8/26: 9631
    8/27: 6113
    8/28: 7603
    8/29: 5869
    8/30: 6838
    8/31: 4205
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,748 Member
    Good Morning team! Hope you enjoy the last day of your long weekend. I am doing nothing after two busy days with my youngest 2 granddaughters. I had over 7k steps both days. It’s been along time since I have been around very active 2 and 4 year old. We took them to a trampoline park. I can’t wait to be able to go on the trampoline with them. I think my daughter had a great workout bouncing with them.

Steps
    September 1: 7,415
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited September 2
    k8uhex0q5lmp.jpg

AUGUST WEEK 3 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @ashleyhudson2100- 115,330 steps
    2nd @lovethyneighbor- 64,237 steps
    3rd @carrieneary71- 59,054 steps
    4th @Bluetail6- 57,642 steps
    5th @FindingSamMon - 53,552 steps
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 416,781 steps

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS
    @aactuallyaash 0/7
    @FindingSamMon 6/7
    @myndieet 2/7
    @lovethyneighbor 7/7
    @carrieneary71 3/7
    @Bluetail6 7/7
    @Ashleyhusdon2100 7/7
    @RoblinB 3/7
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    knk8h8mevxjn.jpg

What skill would you like to master?

Mine would be baking
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 360 Member
    Hi All,
    My name is Loren and I am new to the group. I am 62 years old - I have three grown and married kids and I just had my first grand daughter. I have a business but I am semi retired and work two days a week. Luckily I have a good manager.

I have been on MFP before with varied success but it has been quite awhile. In the past I lose steam after two weeks so my goal is to stick it out and take the time to journal every day and touch base here. I also plan to figure out an exercise schedule for myself!

I fell last september and had shoulder surgery in January. It really has been hitting home that I am not young any more and it is more than time to start really taking care of my body. I am determined to get to my goal weight and I am hoping that as I lose I will have more energy and stamina!