Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Man seeking motivation help

Journeyjim
Journeyjim Posts: 11 Member
Hi, anyone starting their journey to health and want to help motivate others

Replies

• Journeyjim
    My journey to health has been long, rewarding and painful. I’ve done all the hot spots like ww , medifas etc, ive loss more than 100 pounds at least three times, currently diabetic 64 year old who needs to apply self to one more lasting weight loss or probably suffer severe consequences, I’m in the male room to get other guys accountability and support. Too often like at w w it is all woman in a traditional beauty shop atmosphere. Married with great family. Family is my big why for being interested in improving my health. I hope to see some responses and get this conversation moving, thanks!
  • robbiev2
    robbiev2 Posts: 1 Member
    It's not an easy journey as you well know. I'm in the same boat, but never shed 100+ That's quite an accomplishment that you should be proud of. Forget the past, that's history. I'm diabetic too, with heart issues as well. I'm pushing 76 now, and keep going. Broke my arm 3 months ago, which ceased all activity. Thank God I only gained 3 pounds in the last three months.

Last week, however, I made it back to the gym and did that 4x last week! I am more proud of that now than losing the weight. Hope this helps and stay in touch.
  • Journeyjim
    Thanks for your comment. Glad to hear your arm is healing and return to gym. Just got back from vacation and weight continues to respond to better eatting habits,
  • rwatts2165
    rwatts2165 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi I am Rob. Lost 85 lbs here 8 years ago and have kept it off. Returned two days ago to start the journey to loose another 50. Single, professional guy originally from Florida but moved to Lexington, Kentucky 10 months ago to take a new job. Would love to make some new friends and accountability partners on here to help me stay motivated. MFP was always a big help last time. Going to the Y 4 days a week for cardio and strength training and seeing a nutritionist. Hope to hear back from you soon!
  • Journeyjim
    Hey guys. Started regaining weight and see health ready to nose dive. Back on the journey and will work hard to achieve goals. Help me, help me and you. Thanks
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 48 Member
    My journey to becoming fit has been a long - at least 60+ years long. Started once again on June 1st, 2024 when I caught a glance of myself in a full-length mirror, was shocked by what I saw, and headed directly to and on the scale where it registered 286.2 lbs. Made some hard decisions about my (then) diet... and have started eating much healthier and cleaner. Also started using a stationary bike I bought, and now doing the peddle version of "10,000 steps" a day. As of today, 9/13/24 I weigh 244.0 lbs. My goal weight is somewhere between 118 lbs to 160 lbs (or when I look my healthiest).

Definitely would love to talk regularly with other men about their wellness journeys. We need to support each other as health and fitness isn't really all that easy (or fast) to accomplish!
  • baodell17724
    Journeyjim wrote: »
    My journey to health has been long, rewarding and painful. I’ve done all the hot spots like ww , medifas etc, ive loss more than 100 pounds at least three times, currently diabetic 64 year old who needs to apply self to one more lasting weight loss or probably suffer severe consequences.

I give you a helluva lot of credit for those 100 lbs several times - I'd be happy if I could do that ONCE! But I also understand that you've had problems keeping it off... maintenance I hear is much harder than trying to lose? I'm 67, with a gimpy left leg due to a botched hip repair and was also diagnosed with MS. Stuck using a Rollator due to strength / balance problems. Like you, I feel we're at an age where we need to do what's humanly possible to eke out a few more good years.

• baodell17724
    Glad to see your posts robbiev2 and rwatts2165 !!! Welcome!