Sweet pea shoots
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Chia
    Goji berries
    Mix
    And a pinch of cacao nibs

Happy Friday everyone 😎🌴3s3vjvaogarl.jpeg

As for pizza… haven’t had a slice in close to 3 months.
    Interesting how to make your own, and pile the greens on top
    And don’t forget the Caca nibs😮🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🛺💚

Happy Friday
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited September 15
    Happy Sunday all! 🌞

Gearing up mentally and physically for a warrior week. Prepping the body, mind and soul.

Started the day with a greens shake.

🍸 greens - kale, spinach, sweet pea greens, tatsoi, watercress
    🫐 complemented with açaí, blueberry - frozen with kelp and ginger 🫚
    Fresh - blackberries and baby purple carrots

Blended with collagen & Jerusalem artichoke for prebiotics and extra protein.

Before and after:

n2q9h99tqqfa.jpeg

Lunch:
    Wild smoked salmon on almond wraps with red leaf lettuce, avocado and herbs de Provençe.

I can never have too much red leaf lettuce on a wrap!

rzw2sebnmpzy.jpeg

Have a great day! 💪 🌿 🏋🏼‍♀️
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited September 16
    What a Monday! Needed some extra energy. Made a greens 🥬 breakfast.

Matcha 🍵 green shake with greens and berries.

Rosemary/herb omelette with flax, mushrooms and dragon sauce.
    (Got to use my patio Rosemary😊)

rh01azbkhub9.jpeg

• dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 314 Member
    @SafariGalNYC
    Yummy… looks delicious
    Nice to eat what you grow 👍
    🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴
  • SafariGalNYC
    n3ekgqnkyd0n.jpeg

🥬 Watercress, sweet pea greens, avocado, 🐠
  • Bronzino23
    Bronzino23 Posts: 5 Member
    q5g7gmwxm9go.jpeg

Gettin in the greens today with a side of fish
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited September 21
    Bronzino23 wrote: »
    q5g7gmwxm9go.jpeg

Gettin in the greens today with a side of fish

@Bronzino23 That looks incredible! Roast peppers too ! 🥬 🌶️ I need a juicy salad all of a sudden. 😉

@dannytrees1 - I used cacao nibs in my morning shake and thought of ya! I bet the farm looks beautiful when the season changes.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • SafariGalNYC
    Morning greens shake. 🍸

🥬 Spinach, Red Kale, Jerusalem artichoke, rainbow chard, micro greens
    🫐 Açaí, pomegranate, black currant
    🍫 a touch of raw cacao nibs

odviim3n5lnq.jpeg

• dannytrees1
    Morning greens shake. 🍸

🥬 Spinach, Red Kale, Jerusalem artichoke, rainbow chard, micro greens
    🫐 Açaí, pomegranate, black currant
    🍫 a touch of raw cacao nibs

odviim3n5lnq.jpeg

👍 nice

• Bronzino23
    Bronzino23 Posts: 5 Member
    Sunday morning greens with Chilean sea bass on the side c2wahchfgr1d.jpeg
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,662 Member
    Oh, gosh .... I got back almost 2 weeks ago, guys. I always seem to need a long recovery period from a long trip :p. I came home with my knee quite swollen (have bad knees). I basically rested it for a couple weeks, and you don't want to hear what I ate, either :p.

I came back +5.1 lbs from when I left. I lost most of the 'swoll' over the next four days, as I rested up my knees:
    + 5.1 lbs Tue 9/10 from Mon Aug 26;
    + -2.4 lbs Wed 9/11;
    + -0.9 lbs Thu 9/12;
    + -1.3 lbs Fri 9/13

I traveled a couple hours north on Sun Sept 15, and spent the day out and about, and had to re-rest my knee for several days again.

Yesterday I was still only 0.1 lbs up from before my trip, today I finally broke the barrier, down only 0.2 lbs, but all my 'swoll' is gone.

I did eat great while I was gone !!! Such great food in Istanbul and Denmark !!! I ate lots of plants, and fish, a bit of meat, but really, mostly vegetarian/pescatarian.

I'll be in more tomorrow.

TY @Safari_Gal_ for reaching out with your PM !!! Just saw it today. Hugs, are you in Rome, yet? How do you travel so much and not get wiped out? I always seem to pay for it for quite a bit, taking days to recharge my energy supply ...

Cheers!
    ~ mk :)
  • SafariGalNYC
    @mkksemail - been in 3 continents in last 6 weeks!

En route to Europe soon. Love traveling- it invigorates me! I’ve been working at the same time.
    Been on the greens wagon! 🥬 💪

• mkksemail
    @mkksemail - been in 3 continents in last 6 weeks!

En route to Europe soon. Love traveling- it invigorates me! I’ve been working at the same time.
    Been on the greens wagon! 🥬 💪

That's so awesome !! My sister and my daughter are like you, me, it wears me out :p.

Happy Monday, Greens Crew !!
  • SafariGalNYC
    This morning -
    🥒 Cucumber - Celery juice to start the day.

🍳 Omelette with tomato, spinach and kale. 🥬

Amazing - it’s already the 25th. Only 5 more days of the greens challenge!

How have you done in September?

• mkksemail
    This morning -
    🥒 Cucumber - Celery juice to start the day.

🍳 Omelette with tomato, spinach and kale. 🥬

Amazing - it’s already the 25th. Only 5 more days of the greens challenge!

How have you done in September?

Ahh, I've done terrible !!

I pledge to do better in October. Actually, I'm participating in another challenge (Hogwart's) where you have to make an "Unbreakable Vow" for the next four weeks. Last Sunday, I made my "Unbreakable Vow":

This was my "Unbreakable Vow", posted last weekend:
    SLYTHERIN 🐍💚✨🥗🍏

I am having difficulty with my knee, so I'm not going to renew my 70k steps a week vow for the second half. I started a Greens Challenge last month which I'm not doing well on, so I'm going to focus on that for the second half.

I solemnly swear that I will eat Greens (at least 1 full serving of any green fruit or veggie) at least 4 days per week for the four weeks of the 2nd Unbreakable Challenge.

Cheers,

• mkksemail
    Which means ... yikes ... if I'm going to meet my Unbreakable Hogwart's Vow for this week, I have to start today or tomorrow! (The week ends on Sunday, so if I don't eat my greens today, that only leaves Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun to meet the challenge for this week ... )
  • SafariGalNYC
    Good morning!

Started the day with a celery juice.

Made a greens shake to go for work. 🥬 kale, tatsoi, mizuna, Pom, açaí.

Chicken and green salad to go as well.

On the run… 🏃‍♀️
  • dannytrees1
    Good day my great green friends 🌴🌴🤠
    I’m still around, and mixing greens in my shakes every morning
    Ohh and the Cacao nibs😁
    MK. Glad your back, and your knees are better… it sounded like a fun trip 👍🌴🌴
    SG… your doing great… and having fun too👍🌴🌴
    I will post some greens soon
    I’ve mainly be focusing on loosing lbs…and it’s going great.
    Busy on the farm here too, getting ready for winter.
    Have a great weekend
    🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🛺🛺🛺🤠
  • mkksemail
    Happy Thursday, Greenies !

Thanks, Danny :). (Although ... my knees aren't actually better, they're just back to chronic issue instead of acute issue :p ... I have an orthopedic surgeon consult scheduled for Jan, for a knee replacement. I injured what used to be my 'good' knee a year ago in Istanbul, which unfortunately isn't fixable, b/c mild arthritis in that knee (other one was moderate) had progressed to moderate-to-severe arthritis.) My body has been so stressed since returning, and my existing sleep issues with broken circadian rhythm also were so exacerbated, that I had my first ocular migraine in 30 months, a couple days ago :(. Last one was on 4/1/2022. I had started keeping a log in 2021 b/c they were becoming more frequent ...

Anyway !! Today's the day! Going to finally unbox my blender that arrived 2 mos ago 😳, and make my first smoothie. I need to food shop, but I do have some greens, a pear, an orange, and an apple that I can use. Oh, and some frozen berries and frozen pomegranate seeds, too. I'm not going to try to put together that complicated smoothie recipe that I bought all those ingredients for. At least not today :p.

Despite my poor showing in this challenge, I am everlastingly grateful for it. I need it!

Cheers,
  • mkksemail
    edited September 27
    omgosh .... first, thank you thank you thank you AGAIN to @SafariGalNYC for reaching out to me yet again. Without you, my Vitamix would still be boxed up! Without you, my Vitamix would still be at Amazon, come to think of it ... 🤣🧡🧡🧡

FIRST SMOOTHIE EVAH !!

I mean, it's not bad .... but I don't think I could sell it lol. Using ingredients on hand, I def have to food shop, but I did have some fruit that I brought home from Denmark (and I'm sooo glad I didn't let it go bad, why is fruit so much more delicious in Europe, than it is in America!?):
    • 1 cup water
    • 2 cups mixed baby spinach and mixed springmix greens
    • 1 bosc pear
    • 1 small apple, not sure the variety
    • 1 small orange

4gtm8dal49c2.jpg

Intermediate steps, lol ~
    kihoumc1xiq9.jpg

095qfkuenixo.jpg

r1vpuo4ex0zu.jpg

ossyouiipica.jpg

bf6nbi9pzl2p.jpg

ni636i4sonvz.jpg
    wrl3ejocq008.jpg

• SafariGalNYC
    Today:

Breakfast- green shake, omelette with avocado.

Lunch: mixed greens salad - small cauliflower pizza with peppers, onions, arugula on top.
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited September 27
    mkksemail wrote: »
    omgosh .... first, thank you thank you thank you AGAIN to @SafariGalNYC for reaching out to me yet again. Without you, my Vitamix would still be boxed up! Without you, my Vitamix would still be at Amazon, come to think of it ... 🤣🧡🧡🧡

FIRST SMOOTHIE EVAH !!

I mean, it's not bad .... but I don't think I could sell it lol. Using ingredients on hand, I def have to food shop, but I did have some fruit that I brought home from Denmark (and I'm sooo glad I didn't let it go bad, why is fruit so much more delicious in Europe, than it is in America!?):
    • 1 cup water
    • 2 cups mixed baby spinach and mixed springmix greens
    • 1 bosc pear
    • 1 small apple, not sure the variety
    • 1 small orange

@mkksemail - that guinness green shake looks lovely! The spinach makes such a pretty green color. I too like pear in my shakes.
  • mkksemail
    Happy Friday, Greenies! No shake yet today ... but I will !! ;p

I took pictures of my Vitamix unboxing last night, but didn't make a thread for it. I'll do that later. So exciting, I can't believe it took me 2 mos+ to open it!

Oh, also, Vitamix came out with a new Ascent X series in the last couple mos, which explains why I was able to score such a deep discount on the Ascent 2300 during Amazon Prime Day Sales, I think. Not sad to have purchased the 'old' version, I expect it'll last a very long while ...

Cheers,
  • mkksemail
    edited September 28
    Friday Greens!

xs58z8ooadsj.jpg

i4k1zkhhlt1u.jpg

• - 10 oz water x 2
    • - 2 c spinach and mixed spring greens x 2
    • - small black plum x 2
    • - small macoun apple x 2
    • - 1 (large-ish) carrot x 2

I made a double batch, shared with hubby for dinner, along with rotisserie chicken, and Oui yogurt. I think my smoothie game needs some work in the flavor dept ;-). I bought some Unsweetened Vanilla Planet Oat Oat Milk tonight. I'll try some of that, instead of water, tmo.

Cheers~!
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 498 Member
    Lunch time salad

bj1z05sboxba.jpg
    Mixed lettuce leaves, pickled gherkins, cheddar cheese and the left over celeriac chips I made last night (bakes with low cal spray)
  • mkksemail
    edited September 28
    That looks amazing, @Emilienewme ! I was going to ask, "Is that chicken, too?", when I realized I didn't actually know what celeriac chips were. I'm blown away, looks delicious! I've definitely never had celeriac before:

Celeriac chips

ir4zg2hqopqe.png

Celeriac…you might have seen it on your greengrocer’s shelves before, kind of an ugly, extra-terrestrial looking bulb that doesn’t look appetising in the slightest. But if you’ve never gone beyond the hairy and gnarled exterior, you are missing out! This crunchy (when raw) root vegetable has a mildly sweet and aniseedy flavour. It goes very well with mayo and walnuts for some reason and this is how my mum used to prepare it when we were kids.

But it wasn’t until I was making mash for this recipe that I tried roasting it in the oven for the first time. The result was so delicious that both Duncan and myself inhaled the entire tray of roasted celeriac cubes before I managed to put it to its intended use. This got me thinking that I should probably share this little insight with you guys, but I wasn’t sure how marketable ‘celeriac cubes’ would be, so I turned cubes into chips. Cunning, eh? It’s for your own good, promise!

https://www.lazycatkitchen.com/celeriac-chips/

Also: What is celeriac google search :)

• dannytrees1
    Yes .. I thought it was chicken too 🤠
    Hey MK congrats on getting your Vitamix up and running
    I bet SG has one too😀🌴
    My old blender in making lot of noise
    My next one will be a Vitamix
    Go green team🌴🌴🌴🛺💪
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 498 Member
    @mkksemail give it a try it's very nice. I had it as a child with mayo in a salad but never heard of it in chips version either until I borrowed a random recipe book from the library. My in laws have a garden allotment plot and they grow some. It does look quite weird but taste lovely
  • mkksemail
    edited September 28
    Yes .. I thought it was chicken too 🤠
    Hey MK congrats on getting your Vitamix up and running
    I bet SG has one too😀🌴
    My old blender in making lot of noise
    My next one will be a Vitamix
    Go green team🌴🌴🌴🛺💪

Ahhh, Danny, thankyou !! Honestly, without this group, I'd not have done it. I'm so glad I did. BTW, look for a great sale! I scored $200 off on the entry level Ascent series (Ascent 2300), in July. This is the CamelCamelCamel for it, I paid ~$340+tax (can't remember the exact price, but my Amazon invoice says $360.95, incl tax). And, haha, I bet you're right, I bet SG has a Vitamix, too!
    @mkksemail give it a try it's very nice. I had it as a child with mayo in a salad but never heard of it in chips version either until I borrowed a random recipe book from the library. My in laws have a garden allotment plot and they grow some. It does look quite weird but taste lovely
    I am for sure going to look for it in my local market, Emilie :). You're right, the plant looks weird, but the chips and the mash look delicious 😋.
  • mkksemail
    edited September 29
    Saturday Greens! 🥗🥝🍎🍊🥕🔵🥛💧🧉

Ingredients:
    • 3 cups Organic Spring Mix
    • 1 medium Honey Crisp Apple
    • 1 medium Naval Orange
    • 1 regular sized Kiwi Fruit
    • 1 medium Carrot
    • 1 cup frozen Blueberries
    • 1.25 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Planet Oat Oatmilk
    • 4 more oz water, after the pour (to get the rest of the smoothie out of the blender, and to top up the glasses 😁)

pvr62bq9tcm4.jpg

1mxkxs8883k4.jpg

I didn't make a double recipe today (memories of yesterday's smoothie didn't sit well, lol, had to choke that sucker down 😳😂), but I didn't really make a single recipe, either. More like a single+, and divided it into 2 Guinness glasses, one for me, and one for hubs. We had them along with the other half of the rotisserie chicken from yesterday (yesterday = wing, thigh, drumstick; today = breast), and another Oui yogurt pot (Coconut, today).

It wasn't gross like yesterday's, lol. I mean, yesterday's wasn't gross, but it wasn't good, either, yanowatimean? ;-). The blueberries turned them purple tho 💜🟣🟪. Hubby said that tho it was better than yesterday's smoothie, he was surprised - because of the ingredients - that it wasn't sweeter than it turned out to be. The smoothies from Thursday - made with fruit from Denmark! - had more flavor ... how come fruit in Europe tastes so much more, than does fruit in America? Boo!

One more tomorrow, and I'll have met my "Unbreakable Vow" for Wk1 of the 2nd half of my Hogwart's Challenge. WOOOOOO ....

Cheers!