What's On Your Mind Today?

deskjockey925
deskjockey925 Posts: 5,700 Member
wclmih5ueyzt.png

This space is the best place for you to ask questions or to share information that you want all members to see. It's a place where everyone can come back to for chats that will probably span more than one day. Maybe you want to share an interesting recipe, something you learned or realized, or ask for advice. Bookmark this announcement thread now! This will be one of the busiest spaces during the month....

Perhaps, there is a theme in the daily discussions that you'd like to continue chatting about over multiple days? 💡 Or you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and want to share it with the group? 🌟 Maybe you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to celebrate with the group? 🏆

Whatever you feel comfortable sharing or asking the group for help with -- this is your place. 😊

Why not bookmark this announcement so you get notifications when posts are added? See the FAQs area in the announcements to learn more about getting notifications...

Replies

• nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 442 Member
    yp7wno3fndqv.jpeg
    raz3abi46lpf.jpeg
    lvvg1qgdi5mq.jpeg

2 days hard graft got my front garden winter ready

o6o8vkbk3lw5.jpeg
    I’ve planted poppy seeds indoors and am praying that against all the odds we can have real poppies in church on Remembrance Sunday.
    My October weight loss and excercise isn’t down to prayer, it’s down to Nan
    I’m going to try put as much effort into looking out for me as I put into my front garden.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited September 28
    @nansbones7708 - Wow, that's a lot of pots for poppies. Thanks for sharing!
    I sure do love them. Your hydrangea looks beautiful too. were they blue before fading to the red color?
    I love them! Mine were always white because of the soil acidity.
    Here's some form the Oregon West Coast where I was for 2 weeks.
    oesk9zvyutiu.jpg
    pa4ac9x7hfj7.jpg
  • nansbones7708
    @aalley5 thats two packs of poppy seed. Different kinds. I tried before unsuccessfully because it’s the wrong season for them. The seed company assured me it wouldn’t work because they must reawaken after a cold winter so I’m experimenting and gave them a day in the freezer and now they’re sowed they’re in the house beside the radiator. If they fail this time I shan’t try again.

My hydrangea started of red
  • aalley5
    pidxhfcb7dvl.jpeg
    That’s great Nan!
    Love poppies and Van Gogh paintings are exquisite!
  • cmoak54
    cmoak54 Posts: 1,331 Member
    @nansbones7708 Love your hydrangeas. I have 4 planted in different parts of my yard. The Firelights do great and are loaded with flowers every year, and they get tall. But the two Annabelles don't do very well in Wisconsin winters even though they are rated for our zone. One of them has never gotten a single blossom after 6-7 years and the other one only gets one or two blossoms each year, except this year it had about 8 on it. That one I really like because it blooms in both pink and blue.
    I planted poppies a few years ago and really like them and they are starting to reseed in different spots around the original. I collected the seeds and will be planting them in different spots along our fence. I love their bright spot of color when they are blooming.

Good luck with your poppies I hope it works freezing and potting them.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,915 Member
    Good Morning All!

I woke up around 4:15am feeling quite rested??? So after about 15 minutes got up to steal some quiet me time! :). I realize I need a quieter keyboard for my computer!

When I got in the hallway I heard beeping so I ventured downstairs to find the dishware making the noise and flashing a couple of error codes. It looked like it completed the cycle and nothing looked awry. Sent a note to the warranty group so we will see what the next steps are.

We got our fence installed on Monday. They cut the internet cable while placing the post. They handled it all and by the time i got home from work it was back up and running. I worked Monday and Tuesday this week.

Garage sale is this weekend so the next couple of day I will focus on organizing and pricing things. I googled and learned about the 10% rule, which suggest 10% of what you paid for the item. I'm good with that....except for anything still new and in the original package. I think I will ask for 20% or maybe even 30% depending on what it is. All they can do is say no, then I know i need to drop the price.
    I’m going to try put as much effort into looking out for me as I put into my front garden.

@nansbones7708 ~ you got this!! Good luck with those poppies!

@aalley5 ~ Love the blue/purple poppies!

@mrscosto ~ beautiful picture and handsome son!

• StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 850 Member
    I only have 3 slots left in this declutter challenge I’m doing on the Stridekick app. Below is the description:

Get Rid of Something You Don’t Need each day of the challenge.

The 3️⃣0️⃣ Day Declutter Challenge! 🧹

For the next 30 days, value your space over stuff!

Make an effort to get rid of things that no longer serve you.

Make this challenge work for you! Do you place items in a box each day and drop off for donations at week’s end?

Do you make it a point to toss something in the trash?

Share your tips, tricks and progress along the way.

30 day Declutter Challenge Starts on Wednesday, Oct 2nd

https://link.stridekick.com/join?groupCode=JVQYY3
  • kaferine69
    kaferine69 Posts: 184 Member
    sarahfit40 wrote: »
    How do you get thru the "blues"?
    That feeling of why am I seeing no change, why does the scale seem to go up, I'm tired I just want to cry today. I know this is my brain tricking me and I just need to stay the course but gosh it's so hard I am such an all or nothing person. So it's either I am eating everything and not moving or I am severely restricting and working out too much. Over the past year or two I have been trying to unlearn this and learn to listen to my body cues. Rest when I need to, move when and how I love to, eat when hungry and stop when i am not. Days like today when aunt flow is visiting and the scale has gone up and i just feel "blue" are definitely testing my discipline on healthy coping.

Sometimes you just have to have A Day, and then try to do better the next day. One bad day doesn't erase a majority of good ones. Be kind to yourself! This stuff is HARD.
  • aalley5
    edited October 2
    @sarahfit40 - I hope you can shake that downward spiral! I almost went into one of those yesterday when I realized I did something that would not have happened if I just would have payed more attention to my actions. I beat myself up so bad that no one could do it any better!
    I sat in my corner and practiced some guided meditation from my calm app. And I talked to a good friend.
    I hope you find some peace and find the coping skills you need. Have a great visit with your auntie!
    @StayFITTer - I'll check out your challenge. My user name is alibella5.
  • nansbones7708
    6jfmkiti6bw4.jpeg

Best reason I can think of for staying on Nan reduction plan
    It was always a neat fit but car hasn’t been in the garage for a long while because of the clutter.
    Unfortunately it’s a neater fit now. I’ve grown it seems.
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited October 2
    I am still facing this issue with no less frequency than in the past, but the gurus in this group have repeatedly told me it's totally normal and to hang in there. If this isn't TMI - a lot of it for me has to do with digestion and my monthly cycle, and how I don't eliminate fully before I get my period. Regardless, without fail, I only lose weight for about half the month.
    Yup, perfectly normal for me -- I'm 15 months in and still following that pattern of 2 weeks(ish) weight loss followed by 2 weeks(ish) of no movement (or sometimes going the wrong way). I quickly understood that this is literally NORMAL and just how the body does things.

I imagine those "other two weeks" being used for behind-the-scenes work. Kinda like a theater: they don't have shows running 365 days a year. There are downtimes, when patrons can't visit, but that doesn't mean the theater company are sitting around doing nothing: there are lines to be learned and stage sets to be built in preparation for the next show :) And then the doors open again, and it's time for some fun :D But those actors and stage hands still need to be paid during the downtimes, because they are working, even though the public can't see it. And we have to keep eating right and exercising and otherwise taking care of ourselves, because our bodies are also continuing to do their jobs.
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 850 Member
    @aalley5 Sorry for the delay! I sent you an invite and accepted your friends request