for the competitors to be, ones who are and trainers

Options
bry_all01
bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
I thought this group could be a good place to convene to help each other out.

I just did my first bikini competition this past Saturday and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

If I can be of assistance to anyone, or others would like to assist and/or ask any questions, this is a safe place to do so, for any fitness competitions.

I used to have a hard time finding anything competition related when I was training, so here is a group for all of us!

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Thanks bry! This will be a lot of help :]

I am a competitor in the making :D
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm here in Baltimore area, I don't know of any comps in my area. I would love to train for one but don't know where to start.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    I'm here in Baltimore area, I don't know of any comps in my area. I would love to train for one but don't know where to start.

I figured you being a trainer could bring something to the table, too. :happy:
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I kinda think that maybe I might want to next year.. I'll be 30! yikes! But it would be a neat accomplishement. My big concern is I worlout at home and the cost of competing, yikes again!
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    LOVE this group!

I am also a competitor in the making! :)

Just met with a trainer this weekend to start for a show I'm going to do in the spring. this will be so helpful! :)
  • bry_all01
    Options
    LOVE this group!

I am also a competitor in the making! :)

Just met with a trainer this weekend to start for a show I'm going to do in the spring. this will be so helpful! :)

I saw that! Congrats!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Look up NPC (National Physique Committee) and see what comps may be in your area. There may not be anything till next year, but that then gives you time to prep for it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I kinda think that maybe I might want to next year.. I'll be 30! yikes! But it would be a neat accomplishement. My big concern is I worlout at home and the cost of competing, yikes again!
    Age isn't any concern. There are others here who compete in there 40's.
  • BIG_Lew
    Options
    Training myself and training others is different from competition I was thinking. Correct me if I'm wrong Bry......I think I myself need tht extra push. I have the diet and disipline down, just need to know Whts next? Here in Baltimore at the gyms its lame. Boomed competes here
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group.

I have much experience with training stacks for competitors and can help as a trainer as well.

Thanks for the invite. Anyway I can help and also learn here will be great!

My next show is in 2013, conditioning right now and then pre-comp training starts next year.

Best,

Coach Nyla
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    NPC Figure Competitor
    www.sarasotafitnesstrainer.org
    From 170 lbs. to Fit - If I Can Do It, So Can You!

P.S. Also getting my NASM Cert. beginning of next year!!! Are there any other NASM Trainers on here?
  • bry_all01
    Options

I saw some in their 50's competing and I am 33 (34 in 15 days, myself).
  • BIG_Lew
    Options
    Look up NPC (National Physique Committee) and see what comps may be in your area. There may not be anything till next year, but that then gives you time to prep for it.
    Will do......thx u
  • BIG_Lew
    Options
    Hey Bry, while preparing for the comp wht was ur sodium intake?
  • BIG_Lew
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group.

I have much experience with training stacks for competitors and can help as a trainer as well.

Thanks for the invite. Anyway I can help and also learn here will be great!

My next show is in 2013, conditioning right now and then pre-comp training starts next year.

Best,

Coach Nyla
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    NPC Figure Competitor
    www.sarasotafitnesstrainer.org
    From 170 lbs. to Fit - If I Can Do It, So Can You!

P.S. Also getting my NASM Cert. beginning of next year!!! Are there any other NASM Trainers on here?
    I'm a NCSF and AAAI certified trainer.
  • bry_all01
    Options

I wasn't watching it as closely as protein, carbs and fat, but I tried to keep an eye on it and under 2500g a day, generally it was around half of that.
  • BIG_Lew
    Options

I wasn't watching it as closely as protein, carbs and fat, but I tried to keep an eye on it and under 2500g a day, generally it was around half of that.
    Ok cool, I'm working on tht now, along with keeping protein high.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Thanks guys! I wasn't concerned about being too old, but I'm a little worried just about being 30, period! If somehow I can find the money and time I'd like to look into something for next year... Mainly I want to look like I'm a month away from competition at any given time :)
  • bry_all01
    Options

Thanks guys! I wasn't concerned about being too old, but I'm a little worried just about being 30, period! If somehow I can find the money and time I'd like to look into something for next year... Mainly I want to look like I'm a month away from competition at any given time :)

This may also be somewhere where we can assist eachother in finding sponsors, too. Anything we can do to help each other out.
  • cclaborn22
    Options
    I thought this group could be a good place to convene to help each other out.

I just did my first bikini competition this past Saturday and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

If I can be of assistance to anyone, or others would like to assist and/or ask any questions, this is a safe place to do so, for any fitness competitions.

I used to have a hard time finding anything competition related when I was training, so here is a group for all of us!

Congratulations on your first competition! I did my first figure comp last month, and I agree it was a blast!

This is a great topic, I hope we can all help and motivate each other to do another comp or to do your very first one :) It's an amazing experience, I highly recommend it!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I've been debating a comp, but too much time not taking care of myself has left some small pockets of cellulite at the base of my butt/upper thighs and alas my low bf% has left me boobless . . . *sniff*