Introductions

Options

Replies

• tincatinca
    Options
    Hi 39 year old from the Midlands (Coventry . . well someones got to live there !!)

4 weeks into this journey, and doing OK.

Moral support required.
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    hiya! im Jade, 19 y/o student, living in Northern Ireland. im in my second year of a maths degree. ive lost about 30 pounds so far, i made it to 45 in april but ive gained since, and i hope to lose another 80. jesus, thats a big number!

ive only got a year and a half to go in school until i graduate, and id really like to be at or near to my goal weight by that time, so i can start my adult life as the person i want to be. :happy:

id really like to be down 10 pounds by christmas!
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Wendy, living in Yorkshire but originally from the Midlands. I work for the CAB, married and have a lovely dog called Dylan :happy:
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am Alan and live just outside Edinburgh. I am a quantity surveyor working in the Scottish Borders.
    I am almost at my goal weight, I was just over 13 stone on the first of January 2011 and am sitting at 11 stone 3 pounds just now. I ideally would like to get to around 10 stone 10 pounds (am only 5ft 6" tall!).

Feel free to add me.

Cheers, Al
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Big welcome to all!
    We're already the third largest group and hopefully we will just continue to grow. It'd be great if we could have a large network of us Brits!
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Lindsay, 49, and hoping to reach goal (130lb) by Christmas (if only briefly!) Weight seems to be fluctuating at the moment though, so it's looking like a long shot!
    I'm a freelance journalist, married, with two daughters and two dogs.
  • lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm Laura. I'm 30 and live in London. Originally from Scotland. Been actively working at losing weight since the end of May, and lost a few pounds between February and May. In February at the doctor's I was pushing 17 stone. And this week I am 12 stone 6.

For the longest time I couldn't remember what happened in May to make me decide to lose weight. Finally remembered a few weeks ago. A friend lost weight through a groupon hypnosis deal. Another friend and I talked about doing it, and I thought "before I spend my money on something, lets see if I can just use some willpower".

Apparently that works, who'd have thunk it...

:-)
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm Matt, I'm from Sunderland. I'm very overweight (around 25 stone) and trying to do something about it. I don't really know what else to say. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    hahah im just realising after reading our group summary, which mentioned measurement conversions. i can actually talk in terms of stones and you all will understand! and itll be nice to see another person besides me who has many tesco products in their diary :laugh:
  • katielouise24
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Katie-Lou. 24 - just want to lose a few pounds that I've gained over the past couple of years and increase my fitness! Love it here :) xx
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Hello fellow Brits!

I'm Molly, I'm 18 and I live in Wiltshire. You're all welcome to add me :smile:

I joined MFP in August and I've lost just over a stone (15lbs to be exact. It was 16 until this afternoon my scales decided they didn't like me and told me I'd gained 1lb!) and my first goal is to get to 11 stone, which is now just 6lbs away. After that, I'd like to lose another half a stone and go on from there, but my main aim is to be happy and healthy.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm Ant and I'm 35 and live in London. I eat (or ate) way too much of the wrong stuff :(
    Joined MFP in August but only managed to login for about 2 or 3 weeks. Had a naughty weekend away, for a mate's wedding and stopped logging. I came back here 2 weeks ago and have lost just over a stone since! Hope to keep it going, as I have a lot to lose...

Cheers
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm Russ. I live just outside Cambridge.

I started here in May fat and unhappy about it, but I've since lost all the weight I originally wanted to, and more (now 46lbs). Recently took up a C25K challenge too (I'm nearly finished week 6) and will be looking for fellow runners to join me on my first 5K soon.

Do befriend me, I'm seriously lacking in friends in the same timezone!!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Hello

I'm Nic, 26 and live in Gateshead.

Currently a bit tipsy off Weight Watchers wine (which is pretty lame)

I use MFP to track what I eat as I can easily feast on too much chocolate!
  • shanzee_b
    shanzee_b Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Shanaz, I'm 26 years old and a mother of 2. I joined MFP in May and just wanted to lose few pounds and get fitter. I am now happy at 8st 10lbs and am on maintenance and doing the ChaLean Extreme program to build muscle.
  • julespickles
    julespickles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm Jules, I live in Bedfordshire, and I'm 29 (30 at Christmas, eek!). I've just started a renewed health kick to lose weight and sort my lifestyle out before starting a family next year (fingers crossed). Joined the gym, getting in to going to classes etc, and logging all my food one here :D
  • julespickles
    julespickles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm Jules, I live in Bedfordshire, and I'm 29 (30 at Christmas, eek!). I've just started a renewed health kick to lose weight and sort my lifestyle out before starting a family next year (fingers crossed). Joined the gym, getting in to going to classes etc, and logging all my food one here :D
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hia

I'm Ellen and I live in Preston, I'm 45. I'm a mum to a gorgeous 8 year old girl and currently working in a call centre.

I've been doing this since putting on half a stone over the summer (it was a drop in the ocean but enough to kick start some changes!)

Lost a little weight so far, still loads to go. I just joined a gym and am loving getting back into exercise.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm Laura from Portsmouth....:flowerforyou:
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm Claire, I'm a radiographer living in Glasgow, but originally from The Wirral. I've been a weightwatchers disciple for many years, but am finding it increasingly difficult to stick to it. Joined MFP to give myself a kick up the b*m!
    originally 2 stone with ww, but have gradually put 1 back on (despite going to classes!!) I've got a fair bit still to go. Hoping MFP will get me to my goal of 10s (currently 12s 11)
    I'm weighing in at WW meetings on wednesdays currently as I still need the 'embarrasment factor ' of weekly public weigh ins and counting calories thru the week on MFP.
    I've lost 2lb over the past couple of weeks, and weigh in tomorrow.