Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #16

Options
JustJenn419
JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
Did you ever think we'd make it this far?!?!?!?!? Well here we are walking into Week #16 and hopefully our steps are a little lighter!

CCC1-7.jpg
CCC2-6.jpg

jiminyc - WOO HOO! Hit the 20lb mark!

nevermorex - Ahem.... YOU JUST HIT YOUR GOAL AGAIN!!!!! And..... OVER 20lbs lost!!!!!

sfalk1977 - Just kicked 20lbs in the rear and said SEE YA!!!!!

Cateyes0831 - 25lbs sent walkin'!!!! How incredible!!!

Neize leslyta steibll pinkita PositivePower lpeacock06 abjedi SSampley kristinkt gardenimp meggers123
CAN YOU TASTE THAT GOAL?!?!?!? YOU'RE ALL WITHIN JUST TEN POUNDS OF MAKING IT!!!!

How did everyone do with the JJKicks?!? I know my rearend is definitely feeling it

How about breakfast? Did you get it in there everyday? Eat like a king? Or maybe a prince?

We are just about 8 weeks out from our big day and we seem to be losing more and more people each week I hope this is because of the busy-ness of this time of year or vacations or something of the sort. If there's something wrong with the challenge, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know!!!!!! You can message me personally or just post it here.

I haven't heard too much feedback on the challenges so I don't know if they're working for you or not. Are the physical challenges too much? Not enough? Boring? Same thing with the physical challenges. What are your feelings on them?

My goal was to expose each of you to new exercises, different thought processes, ideas you may not have thought of trying before, and to reconnect with yourselves. If there is something that you would like to see, again just let me know!

PHYSICAL CHALLENGE
Ok, so I am also a part of another challenge and recently did a mini-workout that I really enjoyed and felt it worked my whole body. So I am going to borrow some of it for this challenge and I hope you like it just the same. Remember, you can always up the reps or make adjustments as necessary.

50 jumping jacks
40 crunches/sit ups
30 squats
20 seconds of plank
10 push ups

Your challenge is to do this once a day, all week, everyday Yeah, I said it, EVERYDAY!!! The whole set takes about 15-20 minutes when done all together. And that's what I'm hoping you can do. Try to do the whole thing all together and you will REALLY feel the burn! If you need to break it up, do what you need to but push yourself to do more.

PERSONAL CHALLENGE
Look at yourself... Go ahead, I'll wait............ You back? Ok good... What did you see? Did you see the same person you were 16 weeks ago? Or did you see a different person looking back at your in that mirror? I'm not just talking about weight loss here. Each one of you has made some kind of change over the last three months. What are yours?

Now go back to that mirror and say something to your new self. Tell yourself something that you're proud of. Tell yourself how DAMN GOOD you look. Tell yourself how incredible you are because.... well..... YOU ARE!

Go look in the mirror and tell yourself something positive, and do it everyday....

As always, love you all!!! Have a great week!!!

Replies

• Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thank you Jenn for your willingness to make this Group happen! :smile: Without this group and all of the wonderful/positive people I wouldn't have made it this close to my goal! Love you guys! :blushing:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Woot for groups! LOL
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ok what happened to our group logo? And the rest of my signature for that matter? Geez I'm gone 2 days and I'm out of the loop
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Bump for later
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    Bump!
    Love the challenge this week!
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @Jenn-you are doing an AWESOME job with out group. I want to say thanks for all that you have done for us. This group is helping me get to where I need to be.

I have hit a number on the scale that I haven't seen since I had my daughter 11 yrs ago and it's becuase of this group. So, I just want to say THANK YOU CCC'ers.
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    love this group page! so awesome!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hey CCC ~ Well I am a tech dink dong...I was trying to reply and it said I wasn't a member :sad: But I figured it out :tongue:

Anyway Thanks Jenn ~ You are doing a fantastic job!!! So is everyone else here. The key is checking in and sharing gaining inspiration and having Success!!!

I am starting to see BIG changes! My bras are now on the tightest hook!!!!!! I was stunned the other day when that happen!!!! I am just finding a seem to have a new wardrobe!!!

With the exercise I have been on track doing my own thing. But I try to work in some challenge exercises to focus on problem areas.....That would be the rear!!!!

Anyway my timer has already gone off...but I am still here!!! I should get back to work.

Have a Great Day :heart:
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Well, this is really neat! I'm curious to see how this group thing works. I seem to have found our message board. Hope it's the right one.
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hey all-
    Have managed to stay on track all week with my weight watchers. I am eating as clean as I can...not 100%...but have been eating more fruit...cooking lean meats with veges and not going to the cafeteria. Haven't had a processed lunch yet!!! Had some pretzel mm's...but worked them into my points.
    Jen...thanks for all the work on this group. I'm not the best with the physical challenges...but have done some of them. Appreciate you organizing all of this. Hope your job situation improves here!!!!
    Waves to everyone...have a good evening.
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Thanks for the invite. Love this group. I will be sad when it ends.
    Having a hard time today but you lovely ladies always make me fell better.
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Boy time is sure flying. Another week and now an official group.I must say it is easier to look in the mirror now and see a new me looking back. Thanks for all you do, Everyone is so encouraging and motivating most especially Jenn.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yay to the group idea!!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yay for groups.

So, I binged tonight (like really really bad). I am so stressed and my emotions are running rampant (not to mention that TOM is coming soon), so food is always my fall back. I had been getting so much better at this.... until now. :sad: This just makes me feel even more anxious now.

I really just feel like curling up into a ball and sleeping for the next month to avoid all of the work, all of the pain, all of the anxiety, and all of the hopelessness I am feeling right now. I don't want to be a downer but I have slowly been slipping into this funk for a few weeks now (and I do NOT just mean about eating/exercising... I mean my entire mood is like below the ground right now. :brokenheart: :ohwell:

I mean, this is nothing new. This happens frequently in my life (I know, not good). But, it just takes me a while to find a way to pull myself back up...

Until then, I apologize for my dreariness. :frown:
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Jen- Thank you for the challenges and the chart. I am sorry I forgot to weigh myself last week. I know I am going to be up again.

I am struggling to get back in the habit of going to the gym and I am eating way to much left over Halloween candy. Have a great night. :)
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    Thanks for doing this Jen:)
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I've been MIA...I was without power for almost a week and am still getting back on track from that...but I'll be weighing in at the end of this week!
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Done both challenges this morning plus 30 DS level 2 and an hour walk on the common with the dog.

Watched myself in the mirror while doing 30 DS (a big one over the fireplace in the living room) and was pleased to see a lot less jiggling going on. I'm really starting to see in the mirror the image of myself that I have wanted in my head.

I'll probably do another set ofthe physical challenge as I'm enjoying it this week.

Sarah
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I lost my voice while teaching yesterday so I bee-lined it to the clinic after school was over. -- Upper respitory infection... After picking up the Rx & calling to get a sub & heading back to school to make the sub plans, I didn't get home until almost 9 pm. By then the bed was calling my name so much more than supper was so I ended way under my calorie count yesterday. Today the plan is to rest my voice and take my meds & hopefully be back in gear tomorrow. It is a pain to get a sub,:grumble: but so nice to have a day to myself :love: so I think I should definitely focus on the positive and enjoy today. I will worry about school tomorrow. :glasses:

I almost forgot to share the NSV at the doctor's office. When the nurse asked the dreaded, "How much do you weigh?" 184 sounded so much better than the past's 220. I was like almost shocked to hear it come out of my mouth. Like I had told a whopper of a lie, but no - It was way closer to the truth than the past answer had been. While waiting for the doctor I decided to check my weight on my DL. I am happy to report that my DL weight is also a lie because now I do not weigh as much as what it is reporting.:heart::flowerforyou: :heart: