Introduce Yourself

Options
Hello Group,

Well, MFP has taken another step to make it easier for us to keep in touch. YEAH! :happy: I will open a new topic each day so we can keep track of everyone's accomplishments.

Does anyone want to be a co-moderator and help keep this group going?

Anyway, I will introduce myself first.

My name is Dorrie and I am 41 years old. I have been on the weight roller coaster ride all my life and I am sooo tired of it. I found MFP and have been actively doing something about it. I started about 100 days ago and weighed 240 pounds. My first goal is to be under 200 by the end of the year and 150 by the end of May.

I do 'okay' watching what I eat but I found getting my exercise in was more of a challenge. And, I found many of by diet buddies have the same problem. So I started this group.

I cannot wait to get to know all of you, to help motivate you, and to share in your triumphs!

Here is to all of us, and our victories to come! :drinker:

Replies

• stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Sally I'm 52 yrs old.
    I live in Oregon.
    I work at Albertsons Deli,
    Been on MFP for about 6 months and have lost 20+ pounds,
    20 minutes a day is great.

We can do this :flowerforyou:
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Sally I'm 52 yrs old.
    I live in Oregon.
    I work at Albertsons Deli,
    Been on MFP for about 6 months and have lost 20+ pounds,
    20 minutes a day is great.

We can do this :flowerforyou:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am so thankful for this challenge. I have wanted so bad to skip workouts the last two days, but I didn't want to come online and admit I was a lazy bum!

I was within 8 pounds of my goal weight early this year, then just gave up and gained all of it back. I am at 193 pounds, and my goal is 130. I have a long way to go again! I let stress mess me up and send me backsliding, but I am tired of being fat and unhappy. I am determined to make it this time and stay at goal.

I just joined MFP a few days ago and love it! All of you are great.
  • DaniU617
    DaniU617 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow 20min a day buddies!

My name is Danielle. I am a mother of 6 (ages 9,7,5,3,2,4 months) and a wife to wonderful man! I have a crazy life and have always put myself last hence why I got to a whopping 320lbs. After having my last child I decided that I needed to get this weight off so I could be healthy and be here for my children. I (knock on wood) do not have any major medical problems, but I know that I eventually would if I do jot get my life together NOW! I have been on MFP before but never stuck with it since Iseemed to keep getting pregnant...lol! I am done having babies and started back in the road to weight loss! Have been here this time for 110 days and lost 37lbs! I feel that is a great accomplishment and looking forward to the next 67lbs to be gone by next year!

If you need a co-moderator I am here everyday!
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options

If you need a co-moderator I am here everyday!

Wonderful, I will add you as the co-moderator. Thank you so much for offering. I am on most days -- except when I travel for work.

I am so glad to many are interested in this group. I think it's going to be a fun and motivating group. YEAH TEAM! :flowerforyou:
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Alicia...I'm a wife, mother (to 3 grown kids, 23, 21 & 19) and all around fixer, fetcher and make everything betterer. It's time for me to be a priority in my own life. Thank you for this great challenge. A little everyday goes a long way - WE CAN DO THIS!! :drinker:
  • Forensikchic
    Forensikchic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My name is Tammi and I am 43. I am a mother of 3 (ages 20,17,13). I am married to a wonderful man and live in San Antonio, TX. I work at a crime lab as a forensic scientist and am online most days, except weekends.

I had vertical sleeve gastrectomy after being 100 pounds overweight for years. I have lost 44 pounds so far (since August) and am still going although it has slowed for me now. I have to work very hard to get the proper protein and nutrients in so the name of the game for me is nutrition and exercise to become healthy again. My goal is 135 and I am chipping away at it! We can do this!!!!!

Great to meet all of you!
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Sandy. I am 44, married with 2 puppies & 2 cats. Just went to the doctor today for my physical & I am up 3 pounds from last year & cholesterol is the same (too high). With the help from my MFP peeps I can do this. WE can do this!!! My goal is to lose 40-50 pounds. I have trouble eating right as wells exercising. This group should be perfect!! We are all so different but with the same goal.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well hello everyone... my name is Channel
    im 30 years old
    wife and a mother of 4
    im so glad that im with this group because im tired of being fat and guess what...if 20 minutes a day is all that i have in me
    thats what i will do... but to honest... i get in my own way....and im tired of that also....im ready to get rockin... are you guys with me....?????:drinker:
  • jojoof4
    jojoof4 Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi! I'm Heidie. I have 4 beautiful children; two teen-agers and two toddlers who definitely keep me on my toes. Weight has been a struggle for my whole life but I've recently reached my all time heaviest weight ever. Two years ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and fibromyalgia and as my physical activity decreased, my weight rapidly increased. I'm ready to take back control of my life. I've been lazy and complacent and am prepared to be pro active. I appreciate the support; sure makes it easier!
  • janetksc
    janetksc Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Janet, I am a mother of 5 (ages 33, 27, 25, 23 and 21) I work full time in South Carolina as a Credit Manager for a wholesale distributer. I have been married on 11/19 for 28 years :) I turn 50 Next November and my goal is to get in much better shape than I have been in my 40's. My 27 year old daughter, Jennifer, is our special needs child. She has cerebral palsy and is fully dependant on me and my husband. Her siblings do help when asked. I am looking forward to this challenge.