So, where are you and what do you like to do?

Options

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Seal Beach (just south of Long Beach). I'm an avid runner with 24 marathons under my belt. I usually run 6-7 days a week.
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Southern California here...Long Beach to be precise. I play soccer 2 days a week, lift weights M-W-F and hit the cardio machines on Tu-Th-Sat. I love MFP and all the supportive people here!!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I live in the armpit of Cali, Bakersfield .......

I am a hairstylist, and also serve at Macaroni Grill and babysit on the side. I love theater, singing, playing piano, acting, and playing board games. I LOVE Karaoke, and i'm a super goofy person. I love to make people laugh, even if it means totally embarrassing myself
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Make me 3 for Orange County (I know that rat well - but I'm not sure we'd have passes if we had to buy more than 2).

I run (not very fast and not very far but I'm working on it with C25K)
    I walk
    I play DanceCentral and DanceCentral 2 (the BEST!)
    I do mixed training (strength and plyo type stuff) with a personal trainer
    and on my own I try to drop and do pushups, squats, etc, whenever I can force myself to do them.
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Sounthern California. Here are a few of the cities that I've lived in:

Santa Fe Springs
    Norwalk
    Pico Rivera
    Cerritos
    Buena Park
    Temecula
    Irvine
    Tustin
    Riverside
    Menifee

Dang, I move too much.
  • DannyA0130
    DannyA0130 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm from Santa Clara County, born and raised. Work to much. Love to travel going to other countries and learning about the culture and history. My son and Fiancee live in Ireland so I'm there around three months of the year. Amazing place crazy history there.
  • JennATC
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am in Pittsburg, CA, about 40 miles northeast of San Francisco. I just started MFP one week ago. I like to walk with my dogs. :)
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I live in the Sacramento Valley in the strange little town of Davis, CA. Just getting back into going to the gym but when I can I love to hike and ride my bike.
  • lowkeyelv
    Options
    hey there. I'm in Venice. I'm a movie producer and also an attorney (mostly entertainment). I ride a bicycle frequently and was a pretty regular cross trainer at the local Gold's gym, but a high ankle sprain has meant I'm only doing weight training (and bicycling around my hood) for the last six weeks or so (when not travelling).

I have no friends on mfp, so feel free to add me. Been logging in every day, and its nice to see such a supportive group.
  • Nosila0815
    Nosila0815 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I live in Sacramento, the tomato capital and I love to travel and read.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I am in San Francisco, still relatively new. My furniture is coming from Texas tomorrow! Still exploring and am looking for new places to go to for day trips.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Long Beach, trying to figure out what the heck to do with my life!
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I live in the south bay area currently. I have lived all over CA (and nowhere else). spent the VAST majority of my life in Northern CA, but travel a lot.

I love being outside. Hiking, camping, walking... recently started attempting to jog. I work out in the gym mostly these days since where I live now doesn't have the easy access to nature like I'm used to. I am not used to having to drive 20+ minutes to find an unpaved trail to walk on! haha.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I guess I have to start somewhere..
    I live in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley, the milk capitol of the world. As I am somewhat gimpy from an injury, I ride an old bike.

I'm in the SJ Valley too....the hella most ghetto city lol. Take a guess???
    Anyway, I try and spend a lot of time in the City, even though I was born and raised here I like the vibe in the City. The better half and I like to get up into the foothills alot. The SJ valley is right smack dab in the middle of all the cool stuff lol.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I live in SoCal - Pasadena to be exact. I haev a love/hate relationship with california...love it here, but can't figure out where i want to settle permanently that i can afford!! I'm originally from the bay area (hayward) and have lived in Walnut Creek, Pleasanton, South Pasadena and Pasadena (also colorado and las vegas LOL). I have family all along the state!

I'm in the "pre gym" phase (lots o' weight to lose) and i'm probably going to do the curves thing for a few months to get my body used to moving before i hit a real gym. I was a Golds Gym rat back in the day before they were popular and only serious weightlifters went.

I love nature, to read, a good movie, to joke and spend time with friends...my kids are finally adults (though still living with me) so i'm starting to find out who i am again after 21 years of momhood LOL.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    San Diego...... :glasses:
  • vespaberrie
    vespaberrie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm about 50 miles south of SF, South Bay smack in the middle of Sharks territory.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Tracy!... nothing town. We have a bowling alley and a mall.

I'm a bartender, a waitress and a student.

I've lost 17 lbs so far and I'm not stopping any time soon!

I like to snowboard, even though I am not good at it yet.
  • goodmonster
    Options
    Currently living in North County San Diego, moving in a month and a half back to Northern California, San Jose to be exact. =)

I'm a dog trainer so I'm on my feet a lot and it's so much fun; in my (little) free time I'll either head to the gym or go for a nice walk by the beach. A friend of mine works in the studios at Legoland so also going there and oogling all the epic nerdyness in MiniLand is also tons of fun =)
    After moving I'll get back into archery & paintball, more outdoor stuff back where it's green.

also- Ashleigh: best. shirt. ever. XD
  • sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    << San Joaquin valley birth and raised for 22 years. I lived in stockton so I enjoyed not getting shot, and walking fast through certain neighborhoods...

:laugh: So true! My husband won't go to Mexico for vacation because he says it's too dangerous right now. I keep telling him that I would be more likely to be shot in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Stockton than in Cancun, MX.

I'm from TX but moved to NorCal (south of Stockton) a couple of years ago. LOVE it here!