What do YOU eat for breakfast?

Options
My regular breakfast when I am being good is 4 egg whites microwaved with 1 oz of low fat mozzarella cheese melted on top and LOT'S of pepper, 2-3 cups of coffee with non-dairy low fat creamer, 6 oz OJ and a bowl of oatmeal (1/2 cup dry) with Splenda to sweeten. This is 444 calories and is my favorite meal of the day.

I have cut out toast with butter and only have breakfast meat as a treat and in moderation. I will log everything!!!!

Replies

• CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at school/work so I have two whole wheat waffles and a V-8 on most days. I do mix it up and make an egg white omelette with three egg whites and veggies. My breakfast has to be portable. When winter really hits I will incorporate oatmeal. I read on MFP to try the maple syrup and brown sugar flavored oatmeal, put in a tablespoon of pumpkin, and it will taste like pumpkin pie. I have all the "ingredients" I just haven't tried it yet. I do enjoy breakfast because trust me, after I started portion control I am ready for BREAK FAST! I look forward to seeing some new ideas for breakfasts.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I eat cup of yogurt with a T of chia seeds and a half cup of fiber one cereal. And some days I have 3 eggs on a tortilla wrap. Just depends my mood and calories. Oh amd I do love oatmeal too! I also make this thing called a granola apple bowl if I am not working out and don't need te protein. It is an apple diced, some cinmamon, a T of SF cheesecake OR vanilla pudding powder and a little water. I microwave till apples are tender then top with a granola bar that has been crushed.
  • marilyngrant18
    marilyngrant18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My breakfast usually consists of 6 oz. Greek yogurt with fruit (Chobani pineapple) is my favorite, with a bowl of raisin bran (~3/4 cup) with (1/4 cup) skim milk, 8 oz coffee with Equal & powdered creamer (Caramel Macchiato). That's about 450 calories and about 1/3 of my daily calorie count.
  • benefielddan
    Options
    Egg either fried or scrambled, using non stick canola spray, 3 slices of microwave turkey bacon, black coffee with splenda. I like having protein in the morning as it seems to be easier to get by till snack time. Will be changing over to egg beaters or egg whites when I run out of regular eggs. Feel free to view my meal diary anytime, it is open to friends.:smile:
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hate to admit and hope you all wont bash me...but I rarely eat breakfast.The smell of food in the morning makes me seriously nausious. Once in a while I am o.k. and I will have a couple of poached, scrambled or fried egg with bacon and 1 slice of toast. Yes...I'm one of those low carb people!! Actually I do more of a glycemic load diet with a few of my own tweeks!
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Breakfast for me is usually 2 x Weetbix, Skim Milk and fruit
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Microwave 1 egg, and sometimes add a little bit of spinach (fresh). Use 1/2 piece of 2% cheese and put it on a multi grain (80 calorie) english muffin. I drink lots of coffee with fat free creamer.. ( I get up super early.. just not a good sleeper). If I have had a high calorie night or I know something high cal is coming for lunch-- I eat a 1/2 english muffin. . or no bread at all and just eat the egg.
  • debdptg
    debdptg Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I eat a crappy breakfast. Most mornings, I eat dry cereal (strawberry shredded wheat) while I am driving to work, then have a bit of cheese after I get to my desk. I do not know how anyone gets up early enough to cook a breakfast! I would love ideas of better foods that I can eat in the car. They must be finger foods, not require any prep time, and not be messy. Suggestions?
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Portable breakfast.... When I was working (laid off for months now :( ) I would do an egg sandwich. You can make this healthy by using fat free cheese and egg whites and whole grain toast. I wrap it in foil so I can eat while driving. Hard boiled eggs are an excellent way to have a healthy portable breakfast. Sometimes I would eat a Nutrigrain bar but find I do better with protein at all meals.
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    During the week orange juice and coffee at home, and natural yogurt and fresh fruit when I have my break at school.

At weekends, sometimes porridge, made the Scottish way with water and salt, topped with cold milk.

I also lsometimes ike homemade bread with different toppings, but that would be a weekend brunch.

Always coffee.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Berries. Blueberries, strawberries, marionberries, berries with color! Accompanied by the strongest dark roast coffee I can find.
  • Dadof8
    Dadof8 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    the last couple days it's been about 1 coup of cooked oatmeal with about a dozen raisins, tsp of Honey (I'm a bee keeper), some ground flax seed (my wife thinks this is good for me), some cinnamon, and a big splash of milk.
  • cabannie
    Options
    Lately, it's been probiotic plain yogurt w/frozen berries and a packet of TruVia sweetener. On the weekends, usually eggs & turkey sausage. I make my own from lean ground turkey, spices and chicken broth. Then I form into 2 oz. patties, cook and freeze. Ready when I am.

Dark roast coffee, a must for me.
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    3 or 4 eggwhites (or the equivalent in "eggbeaters" or the like) and a slice of ham. Mazel instant coffee (comes in individual "tubes" of powder) and 1/4 to 1/2 cup skim milk. Sometimes, a piece of turkey sausage instead of the ham (90 cals for the sausage, 30 cals for the ham).

Occasionally some berries, or some tomatoes.
  • kt4ever
    Options
    1 egg, 1/2 English Muffin, lite and fit strawberry yogurt, a banana, 1/2 protein, 1 dairy, 1 starch, 1 protein, 1 fruit

10:00- a soy joy bar

12:00. 1 protein, 1 starch, 1 veg

2:00- a fruit
    4:00- fruit

6:00-- 1protein, 2 veggies, 1 starch, 1 fat

8:00. A soy joy or luna bar

8 glasses of water throughout the day
  • Janice0711
    Janice0711 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oat Bran Pancakes
    Ingredients
    1 1/2 tablespoons of Oat Bran
    1 1/2 tablespoons of non-fat Greek plain yogurt
    1 tsp. Splenda
    Vanilla or cinnamon
    1 egg (or egg white if have cholesterol problems)

Directions
    Put oat bran in a bowl, add non-fat Greek plain yogurt and one egg. Add Splenda, cinnamon & or vanilla.

Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and pour on to a non stick pan that has been greased beforehand with a few drops of oil then wiped with kitchen paper.

Cook for 2-3 minutes each side.

Makes one serving/pancake
    *I make a big batch and my hubby cooks about 42 at a time for me on a large grill.
    I put 7 in each freezer zip lock & freeze them~That lasts me about 6 weeks.

Nutritional Info

Servings Per Recipe: 1
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 129.7

Total Fat: 6.3 g
    Cholesterol: 212.5 mg (less if using egg whites only)
    Sodium: 76.0 mg
    Total Carbs: 7.8 g
    Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
    Protein: 9.8 g
  • samantha1953
    Options
    Sounds wonderful!
  • janetksc
    janetksc Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is the same everyday..1 boiled egg and a mini whole week bagel. I eat at work and it is a perfect and easy breakfast.
  • samantha1953
    Options
    Simplicity definitely helps with consistency.
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    the pumpkin oatmeal is great! add a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and num num! I alternate between cheerios with skim milk, or a strawberry protein shake, sometimes I eat a clif bar: white chocolate and macadamia nut. I try to limit the calories cause i always have a half cup of coffee with my favorite creamer and whip cream. I eat about every 3 hrs, and try to limit the amount so i will not go over. I also plan ahead so i can have a half cup of icecream if i want. so far its working. seems to work better if i measure things. if i don;t the weight loss slows down. :flowerforyou: