Challenge week beg Mon 14th Nov

Options
I challenge you all to workout with your dogs for at least 30 mins everyday for this week
You can take a break for one of the days if you like
Please post your daily progress and count your steps, get a pedometer if you dont already have one

So we are aiming for 6 days @ 30 minutes or more - target is 30000 steps, thats half the recommended amount
about 5000 steps per day.

Happy Monday! Happy Walking .....lets do this challenge together!

Replies

• TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I just started walking in late September and during October started taking dogs with me (they take turns). The easiest to walk is my Mini Pin so she gets to go more often. I sometimes take my daughters' dogs (a basinji mix and a labradoodle) for obedience practice as they are not leash-friendly dogs. I can only take them on days that I feel good and I feel stable on my feet. Today, it was the minpin.
    I have 2 walks. one is 1.2 miles, the other is .58 mile on days I don't feel good or pain is too high. Today was a short walk day with the minpin. Looking forward to the challenge and building consistency.
  • chellesky
    Options
    Great to have you with us Tnfirefly. Looking forward to hearing of your progress :smile:
  • kaybee42
    kaybee42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in - Im off to find pedometer so im all ready. Ill be out tomorrow practising!!!
  • chetrchet
    Options
    I don't have a pedometer. But, Cleo and I will join you. 30 mins x 6 days a week.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    We're in! We will post our daily progress starting Monday!
  • vitosbud
    vitosbud Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've discussed it with Vito and we're totally on board. I don't have a pedometer (and may not get one for Monday) but we'll definitely do at least 30 minutes :smile:
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    We're in.
  • lorrainesimba
    Options
    Hi from Simba and me
    What a great idea we are ready for the challenge cant wait :bigsmile:
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'll be doing a weekend backpacking trip Fri - Mon but I will walk them at least the 3:30 in the 4 days before that.
  • chellesky
    Options
    wow! Its great to see so many of you have signed up to our wee group since I last logged in
    You are all so welcome
    Lets get fitter together with our furry, hairy friends LOL
    Its gonna be a blast getting to know you all. Cant wait for Monday to see all of your progress
    love
    Chelle
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    We are in!!! Max and Maya are ready to go!!!
  • chellesky
    Options
    Hello Everyone
    Well I went for walkies this morning with Oscar & Eddy to a wild nature reserve just a couple of miles where I live. Its a lovely circular wooded walk, Its so beautiful and the path is varied and climbs for the first mile quite gently, Good thing is it is downhill mostly on the way back LOL
    So I managed to stay on track for the challege today. I did 2.1 miles - 5544 steps in 45 minutes. I wore my HRM and burned an amazing 790 calories. My ave heart rate was 136. So Im so pleased with myself and I know the calories will go down as my body gets fitter but hey I'll bask their light for the moment LOL

Hope you all have a Happy Monday Walkies

XX Chellesky
  • Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Slow and easy walk this morning, only 2487 steps in my 30 mins. Dogs were very excited to see mommy up and going this morning with leashes in hand and had to smell every bush for the first half of the mile =). I'll probably take them out again when I get home tonight if its not too late (I don't live in the best neighborhood and 20 pound dogs aren't very intimidating)

I hope everyone has/had a great Monday walk.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    We did 30 min 2424 steps but cold wet snow. Our first real snow this year! Did it though after some debate. Great thing about dogs though...they'll always go:)
  • vitosbud
    vitosbud Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Checking in for day one. Vito and I did 45 minutes at a pretty good clip (minus the obligatory "rest stops" for him). I don't have a pedometer yet so I tried to install one on my android. It seemed to be counting but not really. I KNOW we did more than 625 steps :)
    Looking forward to tomorrow ... and maybe no rain :)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow dogwalkers!!
    Today B & I walked twice totalling 5.59 miles.

Hope you all had a great Monday!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!!

We got our walk in directly after work. We went out for 1 hour, 25 minutes. It was unusually hot so they ran the first mile or so before they realized how hot it actually was, then they alternated between moseying and running. Then the last mile was at a fairly steady run again since they wanted to be home. It sprinkled on us for a bit and I was enjoying it. Feels like late spring, early summer out there!
  • lorrainesimba
    Options
    Hi Walkers
    SImba and I have had a great walk today, we where out for 65 min along the main road to the dog forrest .Its a bit cold today and cloudy about 5-6 deg but lovely and fresh . So its coffee time for me and Simba has retired to his bed with one eye on the fridge door . Happy Walking
  • Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good morning happy walkers

Tank, Shino and I went for a lovely 45 min walk this morning. 3286 steps, 1.4 miles. I'm hoping to be up to 2 miles by the end of the week.

Happy walking!
  • chellesky
    Options
    Its wonderful to see you all getting out an about with your dogs. Keep up the great work folks, every step counts.

Today Oscar, Eddy & I did our usual 2.1 miles in 45 mins making it 5155 steps. It was such a dull day but it stayed dry.

Happy Tuesday Walkies Everyone!

X Chellesky

ps Ive come down with a wee cold, very sore throat, will see how it goes tomorrow......blasted best laid plans of man LOL