Check in and intros

Options

Replies

• tickletickle
    Options
    Hi All,

Im Shel from Te Awamutu.
    Im 163.5cm (recently discovered - thought i was a cm taller!)

Weight when i met my partner (5yrs ago) - 73kg
    Full term pregnant 102kg with both kids (2.5yr & 1yr)
    Prebaby weight & restart weight - 84-85kg
    Currently - 72.6kg (hopefully lighter tomorrow!)
    Goal weight - 65kg or maybe a lil less, not sure.

I have a large bone frame also.
    To me this goes into account on what i should weigh.

:)
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Heya.

I'm Cilla from Hamilton.

I'm 34y/o, married, with one (starving) 14y/o teenager, and I work full-time.

I've reached my goal weight of around 65kg (1.69cm tall) and I've maintained that since August 2010. I'm doing much better with maintenance than when I lost weight in 2005, when I reached goal and very quickly put it all back on. I guess what I learned from the whole regain saga is that I had to find a sustainable way of living instead of trying to lose weight on 1200 calories a day.

I love cooking, and finding ways to make favourite dishes in healthy ways is how I approach family meals. I do strength training with heavy lifting about twice a week and I'm instructing Zumba classes twice a week at the moment. I really (really) dislike jogging, treadmills and elliptical trainers (and bicycles are evil), so it has been amazing to find a form of cardio that is so much fun.

So glad it's summer!
  • Ashleigh_sarah
    Ashleigh_sarah Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    It's nice to see so many kiwis on here that are doing so well! I'm Ashleigh and I am from Christchurch, studying ECE teaching at Canterbury and working weekends. I have lost about 20kgs on MFP so far, with about 10-15 to go, I love cooking new dishes and finding healthy recipes and am learning so much on this journey! Looking foward to summer, and wearing some clothes that dont have to cover everything! Best if luck to everyone
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Just in case anyone isn't aware - here is the NZ facebook group for us MFPers!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/255128684526821/
  • EmilyB589
    EmilyB589 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm Emily, I'm 26 in three days and live in west Auckland. I started on MFP at the beginning of the year and was doing well until I went to Europe for a month and then came back and started working huge amounts of overtime (late night takeaways anyone?).

Anyway, I weighed myself today for the first time in ages and I've gained back all the weight I had lost as well as an extra 8kgs!

I've definitely got my work cut out for me but I'm up for the challenge.
  • avalonmaiara
    Options
    Hiyah! I'm Avalon :) 22 living in Auckland. I currently weigh 98kg and am 160cm. I need to lose A LOT of weight and hopefully can be motivated by other likeminded people :) Nice to meet you all!

My 1st goal is to get to 80kg then will go from there.

x Ava
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm from Auckland and been using the site for just over 3 weeks. Its helping me control and understand what I eat. My weight loss is slow but thats ok. Happy to add more 'friends' as I find its a good motivator seeing how others are doing. Not a facebook user - this is as close as I get to social networks.
    When I add an ingredient, I put NZ after the title/description. I noticed someone else was doing this and thought it was a good idea for us Kiwis.
  • kiwidebbie
    Options
    Hi fellow kiwi's,

I'm Debbie, aged 40 and live in Warkworth (north of Auckland). I am 175cm and have been down to 82kgs (goal 78kgs) but have snuck back up to 87kgs presently :noway: . I love MFP (joined a couple of weeks ago) and find the biggest benefit is being aware of what I am eating, and adjusting dinner to the number of calories that are left (assuming there are some!). I started a full on stressful job in March and need to find a new work/life/food/exercise balance.

Bring on summer!
    Cheers
    Debbie
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Rebecca and I live in Wellington. I have recently changed from full-time work to part-time while I start up my own proofreading and editing business. The purpose of that is to be able to get by while I pursue an acting career. I'm doing ok with that, but a bit limited by my appearance, I think!

I really enjoy running and completed a half-marathon in July. Unfortunately, I have been ill with a chest infection for the past 6 weeks and only coming right now. I couldn't even walk up a flight of stairs without gasping for breath!

So I weighed myself the day I joined MFP last week and I had finally reached the forbidden milestone - I was over 100 kgs (101). (I'm 173cm tall).

I've been really loving the ease of keeping track of foods and the fact that so many of the foods we have in New Zealand are actually ON the database! I'm sure I have a lot of you to thank for that, and I've been adding ones as I go, as well.

I love being able to eat whatever I want, as long as I keep track of it. And it's been really making me think about making healthy choices when I'm hungry - I'd rather eat a substantial amount of something healthy than a small amount of something unhealthy and use up half my calorie allowance for the day!

I've also started swimming - I used to find it dead boring, but I bought an underwater MP3 player (pretty cheap - only $80!) and I listen to audio books while I do it. Before I know it, it's been an hour!

Anyway, I've rambled enough - if anyone is in Wellington and would like to meet up - do get in touch, and anyone who wants to should feel free to add me as a friend.

:bigsmile:
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    YAY A KIWI GROUP!!!!

Hi everyone, the names KJ, I"m 33 and a Kiwi living over in South Korea. So this is extra special being able to catch up with other Kiwis on here. I teach at a University as does my husband who is also a Kiwi.

I started this journey a few months ago but then fell off the wagon as I was finishing up my studies which kept me in my office 24/7. This led to no exercise and eating terribly so I put a lot of weight back on :grumble: :grumble: .

I'm coming home (Balclutha, an hour away from Dunedin) for Christmas which I'm both excited about but also very nervous about due to all the food temptations that will be in front of me. My mum has already started asking me what I want to eat for my first meal home :ohwell: But hey if you can all do it so can I!! With your help I want to lose 5kgs before I leave for NZ (this will put me in the 90kg bracket) and kick some *kitten* when I'm back in NZ, so I don't' put on all my weight.

Please feel free to add me! The more support the better!!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Caity and I just moved to NZ this year. I am from New York but I married a kiwi! ;)

I am going to be teaching math starting in January here and I'm really excited! We are living near Motueka now but will be moving to the West Coast in January!

This week I've been on MFP for a year. I've lost 60 pounds / 27kg!
    I still want to lose about 20 pounds and tone up!

Nice to meet you all!
  • vulcangrrl
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Pleased to see a NZ group :)

I'm Catherine, I'm 20 years old, living in Wellington.

I work in an office, and study computer science & accounting, so I am spending most of my time (~12 hours per day) sitting in front of a computer!

I weigh just over 90kgs, and want to get back down to around 65 - 70kgs. I first joined MFP last summer, successfully lost around 12kgs, then lost motivation over winter and have piled it all back on. Now summer is back here again, and there's no way I am going to be fitting into the togs that I wanted to.

Buuut this time I am here for the long haul, I need to get serious about it.
  • tycusjay
    tycusjay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm Cindy, aged 30 and a mother of 3 children, 2 boys aged 11 and 9 and a girl aged nearly 2!
    I have gained 26 kgs since falling pregnant with my 1st child back in 2000. I have since lost 5.4 kgs and hoping to lose another 10 kg :)

I grew up in Makarewa which is just near Invercargill. Me and my family moved to Australia in June 1995, so we have been here a fair while BUT I will always call myself a Kiwi :)
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi fellow Kiwis,

So happy to find this group :D

I'm Helen, I'm 28 live in Rotorua with my husband and 2 year old son.

I've been overweight for like FOREVER and now is my time to suceed. I've tried and tried and tried but this time is for real :D

My biggest weakness KFC and cheese, crackers, chips and dip :/

I've been doing this properly since Friday, overall I would like to lose 32kgs (my goal weight is 70kgs) but for now I'm going to aim for 10 kgs. So here goes.

Hope you're all having a nice day

Helen :D
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ha, I feel like I'm really late to a party and everone is staring!

I'm Hay. Istarted MFP in Feb this year and credit it with helping me lose over 50kgs. I'm trying to do the maintenance thing right now, but trying to find that elusive sweet spot between losing and gaining is tough!

I live in Hamilton, am married and have four girls who I homeschool.

I am into running mostly, which I supplement with some strength work in the form of Ripped in 30.

Add me if you like, happy to support everyone :-)
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Huh, I thought I'd introduced myself, obviously not!

I'm Dee, also from Hamilton. I joined MFP in March (I think) this year and got half way to my goal, then bam baby #4 on the way :laugh:

So at the moment I'm trying to stay as active as I can, and then plan to start the weightloss journey again once bub is here and we've settled into being a family of 6. My goal at the moment is to weigh less at the end of my pregnancy than I did when I joined MFP. As you can see I've only got 6kg to go but 9-ish weeks left of pregnancy - it might be close! :wink:
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    <--- Oh good, I was right - it was March this year :happy:
  • LillyMosley
    Options
    Hi everybody, I live 80km south of Dunedin. Am trying to lose 15kgs overall, and have lost 5kgs so far. Then I want to keep it off, which has been a problem in the past. I continually lose weight, then put it back on, plus another 5kgs, this time I got to 5kgs over when I was fully pregnant. Feel free to friend me :blushing:
  • digdeep2011
    Options
    Hey ya. I just came across this site this month and I love it. Ive had a fair bit of support from people from around the globe since I started, but was also looking for something closer to home so stoked i found this group:) I live in Tauranga and want to lose 20kg. I have two daughters aged 5 & 7 and study part time. My motivation, when I first started trying to lose weight was summer.. which is pretty much here so that ship has sailed. So now I just want to be fit, healthy and at my goal weight for my 29th birthday in May. I would love to be able to compete in a marathon or something too.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Hey ya. I just came across this site this month and I love it. Ive had a fair bit of support from people from around the globe since I started, but was also looking for something closer to home so stoked i found this group:) I live in Tauranga and want to lose 20kg.
    Hi and welcome. I am in Tauranga till tomorrow, walked up the mount this evening!