Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Macskillz - my last official weighin was 171.6 (but I'm up from there right now - do you want to count from there or count from what I was this week (172.4)?

I'm going to have to check to see how many owls I hit this week.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Booooored. What are everyone's goals for this week?
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Weekly check in: 3.6 pounds lost. Down to 183.2 from my high of 336 and down 73.8 since joining MFP (257).
    5 newts. No Owls since I always have negative net calories. lol
    955 minutes exercise (9506 calories burned).

Best to everyone and have a great coming week.

Troy.
  • josieup
    josieup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Josie, and I've just been "sorted" into Slytherin :D

I joined MFP this spring, and lost 60 lbs realllly easily. That's about one third of my total loss goal, which is awesome, but I've basically plateaued so now I'm on the lookout for some motivation, ideas, support, and I'm calling on my Slytherin classmates.

Definitely looking forward to earning some OWLs and NEWTs (and maybe a Quidditch Cup, too!).

(In real life, I am a 6-foot-tall grad student in my 20s, living in Atlantic Canada, just for the record! Oh, and I abuse exclamation points.)
  • tameko2
    Options
    Troy: Wow that is a big loss! Both this week and total!

Josie: cant' see your diary (but I assume I can if I friend you so I sent a request) but my guess would be either 1) you need to eat more or 2) add exercise or a different kind of exercise. It tends to be one of those 2.
  • josieup
    Options
    Hi Tameko - just accepted your friend request!
    I'm thinking it's the food for now - I'm bad at eating my exercise calories because my daily calories are reasonably high to begin with and my heart rate monitor tells me I burn tons more when I'm working out, so I'm going to try and eat at least 50% of them and see what happens. I hope I don't need to change my exercise habits because I really like my gym routine!
  • tameko2
    Options
    wow your burn is amazing, what do you do?

Maybe try upping your protein just a bit too.

Ok so for my checkin this week
    I'm up a pound and since I'm crossing over (I was totally missorted) my OWLS are a bit hard to calculate so I'll say 2.

NEWTS are 6/7

Exercise minutes.... 262.
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey! I would like to be part of this slytherin group!
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Check in for this week:

Weight: I'm on vacation and I don't have a scale to weigh in on, but I KNOW I did not lose anything... >.<

Exercise: 417 minutes, 1508 calories burned

OWLs: 5

NEWTs: 3
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tomeko. 15 pounds from what I have my goal set to. Just glad I can still lose that much in one week. Gets harder the closer I get. Have to burn 2 or 3 times what I did 6 months ago to get the same results.
    Welcome Josie. Just try to experiment a little. Some people do better eating exercise calories back. I tried it for 2 weeks and didn't lose an ounce. Also maybe just throw in something different occasionally exercise wise. You don't have to change it in particular. I had plateaued for 3 weeks and then started the C25K program and it really kicked butt. I now do 5K 3-4 times per week.
    Welcome cpearcy. She probably already saw your post but you can message MacSkillz and she will get you involved. She is the Prefect for Slytherin.
    Everyone have a good week!!

Troy
  • josieup
    Options
    Tameko: I'm a whole lot heavier than you are to begin with, so I think burning calories is easier? Haha, at least that's the explanation I was given! I generally do elliptical plus the weight circuit at my gym.

All right, I'm excited to start my first week! No school or work today, so I'm thinking of cooking something yummy so I'll have something to bring as leftovers to my 10 hour school day tomorrow.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Keep those numbers coming everyone!

We have several new members this week!! You'll be seeing them all posting over the next few days... a lot of them already have posted which is great! We are up to a total of 15 people!! Welcome to all new Slytherin students!

I'm ahead of myself this week and already have the challenges up for the week in my blog, so without further ado, here they are:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MacSkillz/view/november-slytherin-house-challenges-167219
    The current week will always been in GREEN font.

Let's have another awesome week!!
  • james8008
    Options
    0 lb weight gain/loss. I stayed the same. I worked out for 342 minutes. 3 OWLS and 2 NEWTS.

Welcome new slytherin's!
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    Check-in:
    Weight: 248.8
    OWLS: 1
    NEWTS: 3
    Exercise: 305 minutes for 2235 calories
  • tameko2
    Options
    Tameko: I'm a whole lot heavier than you are to begin with, so I think burning calories is easier? Haha, at least that's the explanation I was given! I generally do elliptical plus the weight circuit at my gym.

All right, I'm excited to start my first week! No school or work today, so I'm thinking of cooking something yummy so I'll have something to bring as leftovers to my 10 hour school day tomorrow.

If those numbers are from MFP or the machine I find both overestimate my elliptical burns like crazy. So if you do eat exercise cals back, don't eat more than half of those. I also recommend C25k when you are ready to try something new - I'm on week 4.

Ok guys I'm ready for a loss this week - its my "on" week for a loss (I do a gain or steady week and then I lose the week after. Not on purpose, just what my body likes to do these days.)
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    check in:
    weight: 174.4
    exercise minutes: 245
    no owls/newts
  • james8008
    Options
    Time to lift some weights and then a 10 mile run! I am running my first marathon in May. Going to be doing the Colorado marathon in Ft. Collins, CO. Anyone else run a 1/2 or full marathon?
  • tameko2
    Options
    Time to lift some weights and then a 10 mile run! I am running my first marathon in May. Going to be doing the Colorado marathon in Ft. Collins, CO. Anyone else run a 1/2 or full marathon?

I ran a full 16 (non consecutive) minutes yesterday (C25k week 4) and was very pleased with my progress soooooo I'm gonna be thrilled to run just 3 miles by the end of the year, let alone 13. or 26.

But I hope you do well and get a good time!

I've got strength training tonight too.

Also, why do they make shirts that say Red Socks in Japanese?
  • james8008
    Options

I ran a full 16 (non consecutive) minutes yesterday (C25k week 4) and was very pleased with my progress soooooo I'm gonna be thrilled to run just 3 miles by the end of the year, let alone 13. or 26.

But I hope you do well and get a good time!

I've got strength training tonight too.

Also, why do they make shirts that say Red Socks in Japanese?

Thanks!! It was a red sox shirt for Dice K Matsuzaka. The once popular Japanese pitcher that came over to pitch for the red sox from Japan.
  • tameko2
    Options
    I hope the rest of you are working out! We can't possibly let hufflepuff win again. HUFFLEPUFF. Come on!

Did my strength training today - lots of fun stuff but I need to go up in weight. Also if I didn't have a personal trainer, I would never ever do tricep work. Ever. That shi* HURTS man. seriously. She made me do tricep pushups which I mean, at least it wasn't dips. But she made me do dips LAST time -- its like she's trying to tell me something.

Did 4 of the tricep pushups on my toes this time though which was a good improvement. And added 55 house points today for us.