Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    For ease, this week's challenge.

WEEK 1 - 1st - 7th April

OWLs - 2 OWLs per day for each day you complete the following set of exercises, or 1 OWL if you only manage 10 a day.

20 Jumping Jacks
    20 Tricep Dips
    20 Ab crunches
    20 Push ups
    20 Squats

NEWTs - 1 Point per day for each day you do the following:

5 a day - each day you manage to get your five portions of fresh fruit / vegetables a day you get 1 NEWT.
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I understand the OWLS and NEWT, what are house points and how do I calculate them?
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    Hi - I just saw the post and invitation to Hogwarts. I'd love to be a part of Slytherin if y'all will have me!
  • christineandgeno
    Options
    I'd love to join Slytherin.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    To help out Poorcopies ( who is your Deputy Head of House!) -

YOU all need to enter your OWLs/NEWTs/House Points onto the spreadsheet WEEKLY.
    You can always post them in the Common Room to chat about your progress, but it's YOUR responsibility to add them to the chart.

If you don't understand something and you haven't read the rules first, read them here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/398364-inter-house-challenges-rules-info-s

I'm not even kidding, read the rules. They help us all stay on the same page and keep the challenges fair. And many of your questions could be answered there, first. You're always free to ask questions after!

House Points are ALL exercise minutes, including ones for strength training/cardio/OWLs. House Points are NOT calories burned. Only minutes exercised.
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying Bronwen.
    I read the document and understand everything now.
    Let this challenge begin :)
  • daninicoleshreck
    Options
    I'd like to join if at all possible ::)
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Yay we'd be pleased to have you!

So our first challenge starts TODAY! Don't forget to try to get your daily points for your OWLs!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello to all my Slytherin friends! I just posted this in Hufflepuff and wanted to share this idea with you too... One of the things that we do in Ravenclaw that has helped keep our house one of the most active is that we have an ongoing House Spirit challenge to earn extra OWLs. Each day we drop by the common room and leave a post, we earn an OWL (limit 1 OWL per day for this). Sometimes its just to say hi or report our progress for the day - sometimes its about something going on in our lives. It can be anything as long as we post - and it really helps keep us connected.

I'm so glad to see this house pulling together again! Good luck to you all!! :drinker:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hello to all my Slytherin friends! I just posted this in Hufflepuff and wanted to share this idea with you too... One of the things that we do in Ravenclaw that has helped keep our house one of the most active is that we have an ongoing House Spirit challenge to earn extra OWLs. Each day we drop by the common room and leave a post, we earn an OWL (limit 1 OWL per day for this). Sometimes its just to say hi or report our progress for the day - sometimes its about something going on in our lives. It can be anything as long as we post - and it really helps keep us connected.

I'm so glad to see this house pulling together again! Good luck to you all!! :drinker:

Gryffindor does this too! We call it SPEW (just to be geeky)! It may help motivate some of the less talkative folks to open up and share :)
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Let's all adopt it to then, I like the idea of calling it SPEW, so yes, a point for each day you post in our thread.

Nice one ladies!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Let's all adopt it to then, I like the idea of calling it SPEW, so yes, a point for each day you post in our thread.

Nice one ladies!

Awesome! I changed your columns in the spreadsheet to have OWLs and NEWTs (O & N) together and SPEW separate. You can change it around if you want :)
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Nice one ladies!

Glad to help!!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. Maintained at 171 pounds. Toning and strength training are working even though weight has stayed constant. I replaced all of my jeans, pants, shorts, etc. this week with 34 inch waist. And they are a little big on me. Yay!
    1110 minutes exercise minutes for 6855 calories burned. Not sure what this past weeks' newts and owls were. But will keep track of them from now on with the new spreadsheet.
    Got engaged on Friday to a fellow MFP member (timeforachange2011) and am moving at the end of June to be with her in Ohio. Planning on either a December or early next year wedding. Whee This site has been so much more than a weight loss resource.

Troy
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Congrats Troy that is great! How fun…

I checked new spreadsheet and didn't see a place to post for this week, looks like it starts next week so I will write here.

Last weeks weight: 137.4
    This weeks weight: 135.2

I had a good loss week yay!!

200 exercise min…

not sure what we were doing for newts and owls last week….
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Congrats Troy that is great! How fun…

I checked new spreadsheet and didn't see a place to post for this week, looks like it starts next week so I will write here.

Last weeks weight: 137.4
    This weeks weight: 135.2

I had a good loss week yay!!

200 exercise min…

not sure what we were doing for newts and owls last week….

Double check that you have the correct link, we switched to a new spreadsheet format:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdFZEMjlkZ3c5NkVxQ0Ffa003M2x5dnc#gid=0
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Yes correct link but it says 4/2 starting weight for me is 137.4 which is what i was last sunday, I am 135.2 now. I only see a place to put new info in the 4/9 week 1 place…
  • ljcruz
    ljcruz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think 4/9 is the end of week one, so what you're doing this week and its end result will be logged on week one. You'll be weighing in 4/9 weight because its ending weight of week one and beginning of week 2. am I right?
  • ljcruz
    ljcruz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weighed 147.8 today
    Last week 148.8
    Did the owls challenge, and had 22 minutes exercise.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Headmistress interruption:

IF YOU REPLY TO THIS THREAD, YOU'RE ACCEPTED!

Please read the rules (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/398364-inter-house-challenges-rules-info-s) before you ask questions! It's very likely they will be answered for you there. You're always welcome to ask more questions after!

Carry on... :)

Yes correct link but it says 4/2 starting weight for me is 137.4 which is what i was last sunday, I am 135.2 now. I only see a place to put new info in the 4/9 week 1 place…

If you posted a weight on the old spreadsheet, I just copied it over. If it's incorrect, you can change it! You definitely only need to be posting your weights this week, and in the 4/2 slot. :)