Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today...

last week: 174.
    This week: 174 <<<<---- 171. I DID lose 3 lbs, but apparently I also lost the ability to type! :)
    lost 3lbs

exercise minutes: 411
    calories burned: 2490

shared recipe above, so that's the NEWT
    couldn't do the chair exercise cos of knee problems :(

Errr.... and did I miss anything or is it always this quiet in here? Did I maybe misunderstand or should there be a new challenge already or is the last one still on? I'm confused!!! :huh:
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today...

last week: 174.
    This week: 174 <<<<---- 171. I DID lose 3 lbs, but apparently I also lost the ability to type! :)
    lost 3lbs

exercise minutes: 411
    calories burned: 2490

shared recipe above, so that's the NEWT
    couldn't do the chair exercise cos of knee problems :(

Errr.... and did I miss anything or is it always this quiet in here? Did I maybe misunderstand or should there be a new challenge already or is the last one still on? I'm confused!!! :huh:

I know you mean. There isn't much going on in this form. I actually contacted the main person and still haven't received a response and its been a little under a week. I personally will be switching houses. I want an active group.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I think they need to change things for this house. Most of the people who are on it have been doing this for a long time and just check in to weigh or not, its pretty loose for them. I know life gets busy but most of us joined to have fun and play games against the other houses and have conversation daily.

I have time to join in daily but haven't because I felt I would be the only one talking to myself!

We need a real leader in this group who posts real challenges and gets us going!

I hope I don't rub people wrong by saying that but thats how I feel. If the leader is having a hard time, busy or sick, then give it up to someone else to do.

I also felt bad because I joined at the same time I was going through physical therapy and couldn't do a lot of exercises thats why I didn't say anything sooner.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Things are finally calming down for me, so I'd be glad to help out however I can if our fearless leaders are having a hard time. I mean, this semester is almost over so I've got plenty of free time on my hands.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's up with Mac but I would appreciate someone taking over the challenges and things. My boss just went on maternity leave nad my time is ultra limited now
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Options
    Well I hope someone can take over, cos it could be a really fun place to be here :)

And fwiw: I'm down 2 more lbs from 171 to 169 :bigsmile:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I very much want to get the action in this House going, but it depends on your own schedules, too. Please don't switch Houses right now just for this reason. I'm not your mom, obviously, but leaving would not really help Slytherin House get back into a groove.

What else would help? If you have challenges, you can all discuss how you're doing with them or ideas you have. Would it interest you to have some kind of weekly Harry Potter trivia or extra challenge? Honestly, I want to help.

Also, would you be willing to go to a google docs spreadsheet to enter your numbers every week? That would make a huge difference. Then in a pinch, someone could go in and calculate it real fast.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    Hey guys! I very much want to get the action in this House going, but it depends on your own schedules, too. Please don't switch Houses right now just for this reason. I'm not your mom, obviously, but leaving would not really help Slytherin House get back into a groove.

What else would help? If you have challenges, you can all discuss how you're doing with them or ideas you have. Would it interest you to have some kind of weekly Harry Potter trivia or extra challenge? Honestly, I want to help.

Also, would you be willing to go to a google docs spreadsheet to enter your numbers every week? That would make a huge difference. Then in a pinch, someone could go in and calculate it real fast.

Not sure what google docs spreedsheet is. If you give me a link I will use it to track my progress (and anybody elses). I'm going to give this group another go, and see if the action picks up. Just need to know where I can find the challenges for the week (so I can keep track of OWLS).
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    I think the leader is supposed to pick a challenge each week. From my limited time here newts seem to be doing things like posting here, telling a story, giving a recipe, things like that and owls are extra exercise to do each day, different ones each week.

Yes it would help bronwenhilary to have some Harry Potter trivia or any challenge….I think that is why we all joined because we like Harry Potter. I haven't seen it once mentioned here since I began.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    Hopefully this form will get up and going again. I will be posting daily for the spirit portion. I would love to see who is still active in this group. I encourage you all to got on board with the daily postings in this form. Lets bring Slytherine back to life and give the rest of the houses a run for their money. We may be Evil, but good does not always have to win. Lets take them down!

Personal weigh in for myself will be on Friday. I was in the other common room and switched back today. My stats for this house will be posted in 7 days.

Is it just me, or does anybody else thing Professor Snape is a hottie?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I think the leader is supposed to pick a challenge each week. From my limited time here newts seem to be doing things like posting here, telling a story, giving a recipe, things like that and owls are extra exercise to do each day, different ones each week.

Yes it would help bronwenhilary to have some Harry Potter trivia or any challenge….I think that is why we all joined because we like Harry Potter. I haven't seen it once mentioned here since I began.

I understand your frustration. Tameko was borrowing the Gryffindor challenges at one point, and they're all Harry Potter themed, so that's what makes it fun for us. We talk about Harry Potter things, too.

I use NEWTs as food challenges, OWLs as exercise challenges, and SPEW as spirit points for talking in the forums. Maybe the spirit points can be also for posting Harry Potter related stories or pictures or trivia? I think that could make it fun.

Also, I have to update it for next week's challenges, but I'm starting a Harry Potter Workout Game. We did a trial over in Gryffindor and it was a big hit! Basically, it's like a drinking game, but with exercises. You do a certain exercise when a certain thing happens in a Harry Potter Movie.

Mostly, the active part is really up to you guys. Ravenclaw is almost on their third thread because they're a bunch of chatter boxes, not because their HoH's do anything extra besides post challenges. Try to keep that in mind if you find the energy lacking in here. :)
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    Harry Potter Trivia Question: Name a Death Eater.
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Bellatrix.

Happy St Pat's day to all...
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Options
    Bellatrix <3 she's so twisted she's fab in a weird way :)
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options

I know! Although I did yell YES when Ron's mom took her out.
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Options

I know! Although I did yell YES when Ron's mom took her out.
    Oh and I'll never forgive her for killing Sirius either.

Still... so demented, it must be fab to her her just for a few minutes while taking care of the odd annoying person hahahaha
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    I saw Sirius's death coming when his face was already blacked out on the family tree.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    What is everyone's favorite Harry Potter book or Movie. My personal favorite is The Half Blood Prince.
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Options
    I saw Sirius's death coming when his face was already blacked out on the family tree.
    Really? How'd you see it from there? His face was blacked out cos he betrayed the family by going against them. Wasn't Andromeda blacked out too because she married a muggleborn? And she's stayed alive through the books.

My favourite? I'm not sure - HBP was great because it really showed the depth that was in Snape's character, but I think my favourite was DH. So much action and the writing was really good (or maybe it's just me but it seems to have evolved throughout the books) - tho I'm not sure I can forgive the death of Tonks and Lupin, those two actually shocked me the way none of the others have. Weird!
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    I do not know why I thought that then. I just had a feeling Sirius was going to die when I saw that. The death that surprised me the most was when Fred Weasley died

Harry Potter Trivia:

What shape does the boggart take when Neville looks at it?