Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I am stuck in bed waiting for MRI had acute attack yesterday ended up at doc. Having the test next Monday . So won't have any exercise this week at all except walking short periods around house.

My positive is I am determined not to let this take me down this time. Went thru this 12 yrs ago and had operation and tons of pain.

My body is going to heal and I am determined with no surgery this time.

Grateful for my iPad last time I only had desktop and couldn't sit to use it.

I am eating real heathy so that part is good.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Oooh, that sound bad erin! but I agree its a good thing to at least know.

I would like to have positives to post today but I went shopping for new pants and now I'm feeling a bit down on everything sooooo hopefulyl i'll have something tomorrow.

It sounds bad, but it was a blessing in disguise! Pain and difficulties are like ugly jagged rocks that, when you get to the core of them, become diamonds :)

... can I be more cheesy?? Haha XP

Sorry to hear about your pants shopping episode... BEEN THERE! I used to HATE shopping. Every time I went shopping all I would come away from it with is low self esteem :( But that's what motivates us to change, right?
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    I am stuck in bed waiting for MRI had acute attack yesterday ended up at doc. Having the test next Monday . So won't have any exercise this week at all except walking short periods around house.

My positive is I am determined not to let this take me down this time. Went thru this 12 yrs ago and had operation and tons of pain.

My body is going to heal and I am determined with no surgery this time.

Grateful for my iPad last time I only had desktop and couldn't sit to use it.

I am eating real heathy so that part is good.

Sorry to hear about the health challenge!! I hope you heal well and quickly. Glad you have a good attitude!
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    Positive for Thursday: My hair looks good and I got a bunch of compliments on it today :) Yay new haircut!

I want to hear some positives, guys and gals!! Do I have to wait until all of your week check-ins? ;-D
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    My positive is my pain level went way down today and I owe it all to a book I read called Healing Your Back. It's about mind body and how a lot of pain is caused from repressed stress and just knowing that can heal you...sounds weird but I was in extreme pain last night reading that but I thought I believe this, every time my back has gone out was during a stressful time.

And today I feel a ton better with just twinges of pain.

So my positive is I have a strong body!! :laugh:
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Positive for this week today was:
    Was paranoid for a couple weeks. I switched over to maintenance mode and started doing the strength training and changed macros upped carbs, cals, etc that I talked about with helloitsdan. He told me I might gain 5 pounds or so, but it was water weight and not to worry. I was up 5.4 pounds for the last week, but today I was back down to 171 and can see visual improvement in my arms, chest, legs, belly, etc and the skin is definitely toning up as well. Thanks Dan!!
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    That's great Troy!

My positive today is I was up most of the day and on my way to normal. Pain very low. Listened to some great talks on YouTube from Dr Sarno on the mind body thing.

It's working for me!
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    My positive is my pain level went way down today and I owe it all to a book I read called Healing Your Back. It's about mind body and how a lot of pain is caused from repressed stress and just knowing that can heal you...sounds weird but I was in extreme pain last night reading that but I thought I believe this, every time my back has gone out was during a stressful time.

And today I feel a ton better with just twinges of pain.

So my positive is I have a strong body!! :laugh:

That is AWESOME! This way of being with pain really helped me when I was going through some really intense stomach problems.
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    Positive for this week today was:
    Was paranoid for a couple weeks. I switched over to maintenance mode and started doing the strength training and changed macros upped carbs, cals, etc that I talked about with helloitsdan. He told me I might gain 5 pounds or so, but it was water weight and not to worry. I was up 5.4 pounds for the last week, but today I was back down to 171 and can see visual improvement in my arms, chest, legs, belly, etc and the skin is definitely toning up as well. Thanks Dan!!

That's great, Troy!! I knew it would work!!
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    Positive for Friday: I love how my body is doing with my diet changes! No more bloating -- I can always see my rockin' abs now!

Positive for Saturday: I'm wearing a pair of pants and a shirt that I was saving for "when I got skinnier." Well that time is now!!
  • Troy67
    Options
    Positive for Friday: I love how my body is doing with my diet changes! No more bloating -- I can always see my rockin' abs now!

Positive for Saturday: I'm wearing a pair of pants and a shirt that I was saving for "when I got skinnier." Well that time is now!!

Sweet!!!
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Weight wise had a great week! :love:

Last Sun: 145
    This Sun: 142.2

Only about 60 min exercise, that's adding all my little walks around house could be more no way to tell. 0 owls and 4 newts.

Really tried hard with eating small heathy meals and it worked and I think I lost more because I was more faithful to take natural fiber powder with juice daily.
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    Positive for Sunday: Strength and stamina! I noticed a lot of improvement in both today! And I can now do the yoga head stand that I had as a goal for this week!!

Check In:

Lost 0.5 lbs this week.

1175 exercise minutes (4750 calories burned). That's 32 minutes more per day than last week. :)

7 OWLs.
    7 NEWTs.

Looking forward to this weeks goals! XD
  • Troy67
    Options
    Positive for yesterday: losing 1 pound after I had reached my goal weight. LOL

1 pound lost this week down to 170.

7 newts and 7 owls. 1185 exercise minutes for 9616 calories burned.

Hope everyone is doing great!!
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Once again a not so good week for me. I'm having a hard time balancing school, work, relationship and exercise together. So I only got 60 min of exercise last week. No weight change either.
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Jonzo at least you didn't gain...sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

I had MRI today went better than I thought, I was more afraid of being in car as that caused my last acute attack. Everything went fine. I bet my results are ok because most paun is gone.

I am finally leaving the house for something fun...bookclub tonight.
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey all, sorry for going MIA. Been a mad few weeks buuuuut I am back on it BIG TIME! My SO proposed last week so operation wedding dress starts today!

We are getting married next year on May 4th (May the 4th be with you and all that!) so I've got enough time to get into the dress of my dreams!
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    MRI just showed normal aging nothing bad so it was just bad back attack caused from emotional stuff, my pain is almost gone and i am ready for life!!

Congrats on getting engaged… :heart:
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hello Slytherin!! Way to go last week! You totally rocked it!!

I've got the OWLs and NEWTs all set to go for next week so you can all get ahead start!

NEWTS– Plan your meals ahead of time for at least 3 days this week. Post your plan the day before – let us see what you’re eating! If there is something specific you are working to get more of, like fiber for example, make sure to include that in your post so other house members can offer suggestions for you! 1 NEWT for each day you post, 1 NEWT for each day you stick to your plan, and then 1 free NEWT because you’re all awesome!

OWLS – Try something new this week! If you just stick to the elliptical or treadmill at the gym, try taking a yoga or zumba class if you haven’t before. Or if you’re big into the strength training, find some new moves you haven’t done before. Bicep curls can get boring, so what other moves can you do to work out those biceps?
    3 OWLS for doing the new activity and then 4 OWLS for posting about what you did, why you liked it or didn’t like it, and if you did like it, will you start to incorporate this into your regular routine?

And CONGRATS to poorcopies on the engagement!! :drinker:
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    Hey all, sorry for going MIA. Been a mad few weeks buuuuut I am back on it BIG TIME! My SO proposed last week so operation wedding dress starts today!

We are getting married next year on May 4th (May the 4th be with you and all that!) so I've got enough time to get into the dress of my dreams!

Congrats! May the 4th be with you... love it!!!!