Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Maintained weight.

1052 exercise minutes, for 4846 calories burned (a personal best)!!

0 NEWTs.
    6 OWLs (6 days completed).
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    Got a few questions for my Slytherin seniors ^_^

1. When you add up your exercise minutes for the week, do you start with the week beginning being Monday or Sunday?
    2. Same for NEWTS & OWLS. When does a fresh week challenge start?
    3. Do u just count the cardio activities or do you include the strength training as well? If you include strength training, do u just estimate the time taken to do all those reps?
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options

1. When you add up your exercise minutes for the week, do you start with the week beginning being Monday or Sunday?
    3. Do u just count the cardio activities or do you include the strength training as well? If you include strength training, do u just estimate the time taken to do all those reps?

1) You can pick however you want for your week. You can report any day between Friday and Monday. If you choose to report on Friday, then you would add up your minutes, OWLS, NEWTS, from Friday to Thursday. If you pick Saturdays, the it would be Saturday to Friday.
    2) explained above ^_^
    3) For my strength training, I have a heart rate monitor and I add it into the cardio section on the "exercise" tab so it the calories and minutes count towards my numbers. If you add it until the Strength Training section, it doesn't count.
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    Here's my check-in:

Weight - down to 240.5
    Minutes exercised - 270
    NEWTs - 1
    OWLs - 3
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Check in:

I maintained this week, so no loss for me.

290 mins / 1680 cals.

4 OWLS / 0 NEWTS
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Apparently this was a week of maintenance, because I'm at 0 loss for this week too!

SW: 243.6 lbs
    Last Weight (LW): 234.0 lbs
    CW: 234.0 lbs

This week's loss: 0 lbs

2 NEWTS / 0 OWLS

649 mins / 4329 cals << Up 205 mins from last week, but only up a little over 100 cals. Looks like I know where the 0 lbs lost came from. ^^;;

Good luck this week meeting your goals everyone! I eat out a lot, so I'm a big fan of this week's NEWTS. :D

Also: WELCOME NEW SLYTHERINS! :flowerforyou:
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked in for a while, but I'm doing it today! :D

SW: 350
    OW: 330.2 (Last time I checked in)
    CW: 324.6 (Went from 329 to 324.6! o_o)

Loss: 4.4lbs!

0 OWLs
    0 NEWTs

248 Exercise minutes
    2514 Calories burned!!!
  • simples88
    Options
    Love to join Slytherin :-) Can you send me the details and Ill start striaght away!
    On my way to Aqua Zumba later tonight so I start today :happy:
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    aqua zumba?! wow that sounds fun. I have the zumba wii game, and will hopefully gather the courage to go to an actual class soon.

checking in..

no weight change again :(
    140 exercise minutes, 1519 calories
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I think I'm down 1 lb for the week, need to check my newts and owls when I get home but exercise minutes I'm going to estimate at 400 this week just in case I forget to log when I'm finally home. Next week will be better as I am resolving to pump in those minutes this month. For feb I mean.

Since aquazumba came up, let's discuss! What kind of excersise have you been doing? What have you tried and likes, hated etc? Any exercise you are interested in starting?
  • erinkeely4
    Options

I personally do Monday to Monday.

If I do weight training I use my heart rate monitor and add it in under weights or strength training in the cardio search. But it has an estimate burn for weight training under cardio so you can use that if you don't have a HRM.

Under the actual strength training section I just log it so I know exactly how many reps and what weights I used for future reference.
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    We had another awesome week ladies and gents!!

House Points: 523.70
    % lost: 0.56% Which is a total of 8.5 lbs lost with 10 people accounted for!!

Even though we had a lot of people maintaining (maintaining is better than a gain!) we still got a great numbers!! Let's keep it going in February!
  • simples88
    Options
    Hi, I'm quite new to MFP, and am looking to loose weight and essentially get fit and tone up. My target is a 60 mile bike ride for charity in July and I have already started my training for this in the last few weeks. I'm looking forward to meeting others and as I'm a big Harry potter geek I'm keen to earn a few owls and newts along to way!

:smile:
  • simples88
    Options
    I tried aqua zumba last night...it's not for me I'm afraid. I find normal zumba works me alot better, found the aqua version a little too easy - I did get chatting to a few ladies there who said the aqua aerobics classes at the same gym gave them a better workout- I'll try this next time as currently working my way through all the classes on offer :happy: As they are free with my membership
  • tameko2
    Options
    good for you for trying out the free classes. I never get to any of them, they seem to either not mesh with my schedule or its something where I think "eh, I won't enjoy that" but maybe I should just TRY them at least once to see.
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    I'll get the ball rolling on the NEWTs for this week!!

So on Tuesday I went out to lunch with an old co-worker who came to visit for the day. At the restaurant downstairs in my building, they have 1/2 price burgers every Tuesday. So, I already knew that I would be getting a burger. Now, burgers normally come with fries, so my first decision was to get a side salad with the dressing on the side instead of the fries, even though I REALLY wanted fries. And instead of getting a regular beef burger, I got the turkey burger and added the bacon and veggies that I wanted on it. Good decision #2. And then, the third good decision, which I always try to do when going out to eat, is I got a to-go box right away. I asked the waitress to bring it with my food. When my food and the to-go box arrived, I immediately put half of my meal into the to-go box! $5.99 for 2 lunches! Not bad at all! :smile:
  • tameko2
    Options
    Number 2 there is one of my favorite strategies! I just tell myself "look, you can have 1 bad thing but not TWO bad things" - I do it with carby things especially because its easy to wolf down a lot of bread/pancakes/potatoes/whatever and it adds a lot of calories without a ton of enjoyment (whereas I will enjoy the heck out of bacon).

So yesterday I decided I really wanted a custard pastry (yes I did!) so I got one - and then trimmed my lunch way down from its usual (2 mini pancakes, eggs, toast, bacon, fruit, potatoes) to a much smaller 2 eggs + bacon and fruit. IT was still a hefty lunch, calorie wise, but not nearly as hefty as if I'd added my pastry to my usual. (That's not my daily lunch, just what I get when I go to that cafe).

Today I got up and walked away from the rest of my rice. Because I could totally have eaten it but I was full and didn't NEED to eat it.
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    I'll get the ball rolling on the NEWTs for this week!!

So on Tuesday I went out to lunch with an old co-worker who came to visit for the day. At the restaurant downstairs in my building, they have 1/2 price burgers every Tuesday. So, I already knew that I would be getting a burger. Now, burgers normally come with fries, so my first decision was to get a side salad with the dressing on the side instead of the fries, even though I REALLY wanted fries. And instead of getting a regular beef burger, I got the turkey burger and added the bacon and veggies that I wanted on it. Good decision #2. And then, the third good decision, which I always try to do when going out to eat, is I got a to-go box right away. I asked the waitress to bring it with my food. When my food and the to-go box arrived, I immediately put half of my meal into the to-go box! $5.99 for 2 lunches! Not bad at all! :smile:

I LOVE the early to-go box idea!!
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    On Monday night I went with my boyfriend to one of my favourite restaurants! It's a sushi restaurant downtown in Redwood City (where we live), called Suisha.

I always order the same thing there... the waiters even know what I want so I don't even have to ask!

I get the salmon teriyaki salad, but ask for no teriyaki sauce on the salmon (I don't do well with gluten, which is in the sauce), and I ask them to leave off the crunchy fried noodles that come on top of the salad. So it's just grilled plain salmon, lettuce and sesame dressing. It is so tasty!

I also share an order of edamame with my boyfriend, and get a glass of plum wine.

The food comes to about 370 calories and the big glass of plum wine is around 320 calories, so 690 total and SO delicious!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Yum, plum wine! its the calorie-devil though as far as alcohol goes. 320, ouch!