Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yum, plum wine! its the calorie-devil though as far as alcohol goes. 320, ouch!

Yeah, it is high in cals. But I only have one glass and it definitely gets me drunker than one glass of other kinds of wine! :D
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi, would like to join this house. Please send me info to get started.

Looking forward to meeting you all…

:flowerforyou:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Hi, would like to join this house. Please send me info to get started.

Looking forward to meeting you all…

:flowerforyou:

Just jump in and go Marla!

So its 4:30 am my time. I've been awake since 1:30. I desperately hope that I got at least 2 hours of sleep because I've been lying in bed and then on the sofa for 3 hours with no ability to fall back asleep. I gave up
  • tameko2
    Options
    Hey Slytherin - I don't THINK we even have any Friday Check-in people but just in case I apologize for being late on this!

Also please stop by during the week if you have a moment and say hi.

NEWTs: You've got goals! Calories, carbs, sugar, whatever. You get 2 NEWTS for coming in and talking about them. You get 1 additional NEWT for every day that you meet or are within 100 calories of your calorie goal. Max of 7 NEWTS.

OWLs: Does this look the same as last week? That's because it is - but THIS week you have to do 3 per day. If you didn't do last week's OWLS, then you can drop it back to 2 a day if you need to.

Pick 3 per day:
    30 sit ups or crunches or reverse crunches or any other ab exercise you would like. If you are going to do really basic plain crunches those are easy so shoot for 50. I will link a bunch of variations that I really like later today if you want to try something new, work some different muscle groups, etc.

30 squats -- side squats, sumo squats, whatever. drop that butt down and pick it back up for you. If body weight squats are easy pick up some dumbbells and hold them while you squat. Remember to keep your weight mostly over your heels - NOT on your toes or the balls of your feet. My boyfriend thinks this looks like someone squatting down to go to the bathroom and thinks it is hilarious but if your knees are pushing out over your toes you're doing it wrong and could injure yourself.

20 pushups -- use your knees if you have to. do wall pushups if you have to. Alternately try putting your hands on an elevated platform like a step (so you are at an angle but not vertical or on your knees)

10 Burpees (I know, EW!)

Plank for 30 seconds - elbow, side, etc. If a 30 second plank is already easy for you its time to start raising up one arm. If you can't hold the raised arm for the whole time just do 3-5 seconds on and 3-5 seconds off. You can also switch off arms and legs - just get a limb off the ground.
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Hi, first weight with you guys. I weigh on Sundays. 146.3 lbs. My goal is 125.

I just started yesterday so exercise min. 45 and will start Newts & Owls this week.

I have been getting over hip and low back pain from a gym class over a week ago, its almost gone now so good time to start exercise. Probably will do the Owls slowly and modified for this week.

My goal for this week is to cut out desserts and not eat after 7pm. I can do fine all day then end of day want to snack when not hungry. On good days tea works on bad days…well…desserts seem to happen lately when facing stressful time. Like I went off diet a few days last week when pain was at its worst…had a pity party…ugh…

I live on top of a small hill so walking around the block involves up and down (and its a few miles) or treadmill is my exercise until gym...
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Maintained at 171 pounds. 1035 exercise minutes. 7 owls and newts. I don't usually eat out much but my girlfriend is in town visiting, so here is what I did when out:
    Did the thing mentioned earlier where I divided my meal in half from the beginning and put in a to go box that I ate later for supper. Also, I substituted turkey sausage, bacon etc and egg whites instead of regular. I always have a healthy 100 calorie snack each day.
    Hope you all have a great week!
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    Lost 0.5 lbs this week. Not much, but better than the zero last week...

889 exercise minutes for 4121 burned this week. Burninating :-D

4 NEWTs, 7 OWLs.
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    No loss again, waaaaa!

430 mins / 2265 cals burnt

0 NEWTS, 5 OWLS
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    weight - 238.7 - 1.8 lb loss!! woohoo!! FINALLY our of the 240's that I've been stuck in for about 5 months!
    262 minutes / 3731 cals burnt

OWLs- 2; NEWTs - 5
  • simples88
    Options
    Hiya, first week done as slytherin, no weight loss this week, think with the exercise I'm under calories every day and I need to try and eat them. Anyway
    1newt
    2owls
    402 minutes of exercise, 2575 calories burnt
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Checking in! :D

LW: 324.6
    CW: 320.2
    ANOTHER 4.4lb LOSS!!!!! :noway:

exercise minutes: 249
    calories burned: 1871

NEWTs: 0
    OWLs: 0

Didn't really do too much exercise last week because TOM was around and caused me so much grief. Ugh, TOM came back hard and fast once I lost that 25lbs x_x;;;;; But it's okay because I think it helped me with this weeks loss XD
  • tameko2
    Options
    I lost .4 lbs as of my weigh in (and then gained TWO this morning from yesterday's superbowl pig out)

exercised 186 minutes that I remembered to log.

7 NEWTS
    3 OWLS
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    this feels like a wasted check in.. school and work have kept me super busy and my eating habits have sucked

gain of 0.5lbs
    only exercised 31 minutes

>_< hopefully this week goes better.
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    So, my goals...

Last week I reduced my net calorie goal to 1200 to try to shake my body out of a rut. I've been losing and gaining the same 2 lbs since early January and it's starting to drive me mad. I only want to lose a maximum of 4 lbs from where I am -- why is it so hard?!

This week I upped my calorie goal to 1300 to make sure I don't stay too low for too long. This is a 180 calorie deficit from maintenance for me. I'm going to try to hit this weekly goal right on target.
    Saturday is my 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend and we're going to go to the Spaghetti Factory... but there are nutrition facts online and I'm going to plan ahead!

Another goal for this week is to stay up on calcium. I got some new dark chocolate calcium supplements that are easy to remember to take ;-) Only 60 calories for 2 chocolates, and that's supposed to be a full daily dose of calcium for the average sized adult.
  • tameko2
    Options
    erin i would never be able to eat that little. Not ever.
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Erin I need calcium too and can't swallow large horse pills they come in and looked all over for one I will actually take. I take the gummy vitafusion ones. Yes they have some sugar in them (very little) but the ingredients are natural and i consider it my afternoon treat to take my vitamins now!

But don't have the choc ones from that brand they are awful…the ones I take are 25 calories for 2 and then I also take a daily vitamin by them which is hardly any calories. Its like my healthy candy snack each day and keeps me from dessert.

When I have choc attack I buy expensive bar of dark chocolate and eat just one square slowly….

This week I am having no choc…staying with no dessert. So far doing good!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Marla i bought some gummy vitamins (For fighting off a cold - C, zinc, echinacea) at trader joes and OMG they were so good we were eating htem like actual candy! (I figured extra of those things wouldn't hurt)
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Just stopping in to say hi and sorry for missing out on this week's weigh-in. I got taken down hard by the stomach flu and have been useless for a while. I lost a few pounds, but I think it's because of the sickness -- didn't want to falsely inflate/deflate our stats with my huge (fake) weight loss and 0 exercise minutes. This week's going to be hard getting back into the swing of things.

I guess that's my goal: get back into the habit of logging (log every day) and working out (every day the rest of this week).

Hope all is well!
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Hope you feel better, drink lots of tea and healthy broth.

Wanted to add the vitamins are on sale at Costco now.
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    erin i would never be able to eat that little. Not ever.

Yeah, it's the curse of being 5'2" :(