Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Snape in his Gran's clothes! :D

Here's another trivia question: What did Harry get for his 10th birthday from the Dursleys..?
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Snape in his Gran's clothes! :D

Here's another trivia question: What did Harry get for his 10th birthday from the Dursleys..?

Nothing that I can remember.
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Options
    a coat hanger and a pair of uncle Vernon's old socks.

How do I remember? I just read that chapter to my kids for bedtime a couple nights ago lol
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    Slytherin Members,

We do not have challenges, so until the person in charge begins the challenges again I would be more then happy to make them.

Week 3-16-12 to 3-23-12 Challenges

Owls- Your exercise challenge for the week is a 10 minute walk each day (starting off simple).

Newts- Your food challenge for the week is to stay between 1200 calories and your calorie goal. Nothing under 1200 calories a day (not healthy).

If anyone has an issue with me setting the goals please let me know. Don't forget for each day you complete the goal you earn 1 OWL for each. You also earn 1 OWL for posting daily. 3 OWLS a day. A reminder: each minute of exercise=1 house point.

These challenges are easy. This is the first time I have set them. Good luck. Don't forget to check in between Friday and Monday with your weight, total owls for the week and total house points for the week.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Thanks for helping out! I don't mind…

Not sure about last weeks newt & owls…?

Weight: Last week 138.6
    This week 138.8

I know what I did to gain instead of losing. My letting myself have 2 m & m's a day became more than that and we went out last night to party, I only had one glass of wine but the food even though i didn't stuff myself was over in calories too many carbs.

The good for this week was physical therapist finally let me do more and I worked on elliptical machine almost every day starting with ten min and adding a few min every day. Yesterday i was up to 18. I have had sciatica problems.
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Options
    Do the 1200 calories have to be net or are they the actual eaten calories? I rarely eat less than 1200 but net they might show up as that as I've 500 extra for breastfeeding plus exercise it's hard to get to them net sometimes.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    Do the 1200 calories have to be net or are they the actual eaten calories? I rarely eat less than 1200 but net they might show up as that as I've 500 extra for breastfeeding plus exercise it's hard to get to them net sometimes.

Actual calories eaten for the day. No less then 1200. I have seen some people on my friends list only eating 800 calories a day.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    Thanks for helping out! I don't mind…

Not sure about last weeks newt & owls…?

Weight: Last week 138.6
    This week 138.8

I know what I did to gain instead of losing. My letting myself have 2 m & m's a day became more than that and we went out last night to party, I only had one glass of wine but the food even though i didn't stuff myself was over in calories too many carbs.

The good for this week was physical therapist finally let me do more and I worked on elliptical machine almost every day starting with ten min and adding a few min every day. Yesterday i was up to 18. I have had sciatica problems.

I have no idea about last weeks newts and owls. Just started to do this today. I wouldn't worry about those .2 pounds. It's better then 2 extra pounds.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. Hope you all had a good week.
    Maintained at 171 pounds. 7 newts and 7 owls. 1170 exercise minutes 7732 cals burned.

Troy
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    Hey everybody. Hope you all had a good week.
    Maintained at 171 pounds. 7 newts and 7 owls. 1170 exercise minutes 7732 cals burned.

Troy
    Congrats!
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    Hey, keeping track of your weight loss and stats. Please, when you check in make sure to add your total amount of exercise minutes, and total number of owls (1 owl per post per day, one owl per day you achieve your exercise challenge, 1 owl per day you achieve your food challenge). Tomorrow is the last day to post your stats. I have to send the info in by Tuesday morning.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    Check in:

Wow, sorry I'm so late checking in!!! I've been insanely busy lately... every minute has been scheduled for something!

0.5 lb gain.... Sorry :(

1103 exercise minutes / 4911 calories burned.

Is the maximum for OWLs 7? I got the 3 points for wall sits 5 days this week... so 15, unless the max is 7 :)

Does one recipe give you 7 NEWTs? If so, I got 7 :)

Not to sure how to track your OWLS and NEWTS this week. For each day you completed your owl, you get 1. For each day you completed your newt you get 1. For each day you post in the thread you get 1. Let me know your totals by Tuesday morning so I can count them and send them in.
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Sorry I didn't add exercise min, 210 min since injury only do 1/2 hour a day…hoping to add more soon!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Slytherins, I need your input in this thread. We're doing a bit of reorganizing to help with busy schedules, and I want to hear your ideas:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/528213-weekly-challenges-and-results

Thanks in advance!
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, back from Rome so back on track! Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    Hey, please make sure to follow that link and input your thoughts and ideas. There is an idea about challenges over there. I'll let that post explain it all.

I have been tracking all of your weight loss for the week of 3-6-12 to 3-15-12 and have everybody who has weighed in on the list. I have also been tracking your OWLS, NEWTS, SPIRIT and HOUSE POINTS. I will be waiting until tomorrow morning to send them in. I do need some of your actual weights. Your before the week weight and your weigh in weight for that time period.

HARRY POTTER TRIVIA TIME

Name 1 Unforgiveable Curses.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    Here is the online google doc to keep our information. Please follow the link, add your username and your information. Some of your information has been added already.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApRsSrLxwLMEdGw2SldKbUE3Z0RFTXpfZ1pIZXVUQkE
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Thanks for setting up the google doc.

We are finally having a sunny day here in the mountains so I am going out in it!
  • Crying_In_Color
    Options
    It looks like the challenges this group was suppose to be following was set by the Head Mistress. What she does is posts the challenges for the month in her blog and then leaves a link in the great hall. I myself just ran across the information while reading past forms. She does have the challenges up for this week. I am going to copy and paste the challenges on here. Since the challenges are to start today, I think it would be best to stick with them. Also, please put your input in the form. She left a link here in the common room.

For now, I think for the OWL portion we should stick with the 10 minute walk a day. There is no link to the workout game at this very moment.

Here is her blog:

WEEK 4:
    (Starting after check-in between 3/16-3/19
    and ending with check-in between 3/23-3/26)

OWL (exercise): Harry Potter Workout Game! (I'm still working on these, stand by later for the link.)
    There will be a novice version and an expert version. You can pick what fits you best at the time. They will have the same things to look for, but one will have more difficult exercises to do.
    You can split it up and watch a little at a time during the week, watch it all at once and make tally marks (then split those exercises up during the week), or watch it AND do the exercises all at once. Whatever works for you. You could also read the book and look for the same things if that's more convenient for you.
    You earn 5 OWLs for the week if you complete the whole movie and all the exercises, 3 OWLs if you complete the whole movie but can't complete all the exercises, 1 OWL if you don't complete the movie or the exercises, and 0 OWLs if you don't start either.

NEWT (food): Calorie Goals! Try to stay between 100 cals under and 100 cals over your daily goal every day this week. If you have a hard time with under eating, experiment with eating up to 100 cals below your MFP goal. If you struggle with over eating, challenge yourself to make it no more than 100 cals over your MFP goal.
    5 NEWTs for every day you're withing this range. 35 NEWTs possible for the week.

SPEW: Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room (ANYTHING BUT A CHECK-IN POST COUNTS TOWARD YOUR SPEWs).

Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.
    ***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    It looks like the challenges this group was suppose to be following was set by the Head Mistress. What she does is posts the challenges for the month in her blog and then leaves a link in the great hall. I myself just ran across the information while reading past forms. She does have the challenges up for this week. I am going to copy and paste the challenges on here. Since the challenges are to start tomorrow, I think it would be best to stick with them. Also, please put your input in the form. She left a link here in the common room.

For now, I think for the OWL portion we should stick with the 10 minute walk a day. There is no link to the workout game at this very moment.

Here is her blog:

WEEK 4:
    (Starting after check-in between 3/16-3/19
    and ending with check-in between 3/23-3/26)

OWL (exercise): Harry Potter Workout Game! (I'm still working on these, stand by later for the link.)
    There will be a novice version and an expert version. You can pick what fits you best at the time. They will have the same things to look for, but one will have more difficult exercises to do.
    You can split it up and watch a little at a time during the week, watch it all at once and make tally marks (then split those exercises up during the week), or watch it AND do the exercises all at once. Whatever works for you. You could also read the book and look for the same things if that's more convenient for you.
    You earn 5 OWLs for the week if you complete the whole movie and all the exercises, 3 OWLs if you complete the whole movie but can't complete all the exercises, 1 OWL if you don't complete the movie or the exercises, and 0 OWLs if you don't start either.

NEWT (food): Calorie Goals! Try to stay between 100 cals under and 100 cals over your daily goal every day this week. If you have a hard time with under eating, experiment with eating up to 100 cals below your MFP goal. If you struggle with over eating, challenge yourself to make it no more than 100 cals over your MFP goal.
    5 NEWTs for every day you're withing this range. 35 NEWTs possible for the week.

SPEW: Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room (ANYTHING BUT A CHECK-IN POST COUNTS TOWARD YOUR SPEWs).

Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.
    ***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!

If you guys hold out on posting too much on that spreadsheet for a minute, there's some things I have to fill Crying in on (I'm messaging you now) to have it be accurate for this challenge. Also, I'm going to be posting the HP Workout Game THIS EVENING if you can hold out. It got away from me, but it will be done shortly.